What documentation do I need to extend the 21-day visa on arrival?

miles-high

Although nothing to do with driving in the Philippinnes, IDP is requried to drive in Austria, see:

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/european_delivery_program#touring_europe-2

I have done several euro deliveries with MB, BMW and Porsche and they would not even release the car to you without IDP if your itinerary includes Austria (I guess you can always lie to them if you are prepared to pay US$100 penalty...).

There is a famous (imfamous) checkpoint around Kustein where they stop all cars to checck IDP’s (penalty US$100, cash or credit card on the spot, maybe more now as my last trip through Austria was 2005 before my move here).

GoogleEarth_Image.jpg

Also, you cannot drive or rent a car in Japan either without IPD.

Anyways, it’s only US$20 or so from your local AAA, so it's almost free to obtain an IPD and choices are yours...

Although I leave driving to localy drivers most of the times, my experience tells me IPD works wonders in "negotiating" where some traffic infractions are concerned… your experience may vary… again, choices are yours and it is not of my concern... haha :ROFLMAO: 

Edited by miles-high
Canuck Joe

Although nothing to do with driving in the Philippinnes, IDP is requried to drive in Austria, see:

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/european_delivery_program#touring_europe-2

I have done several euro deliveries with MB, BMW and Porsche and they would not even release the car to you without IDP if your itinerary includes Austria (I guess you can always lie to them if you are prepared to pay US$100 penalty...).

There is a famous (imfamous) checkpoint around Kustein where they stop all cars to checck IDP’s (penalty US$100, cash or credit card on the spot, maybe more now as my last trip through Austria was 2005 before my move here).

attachicon.gifGoogleEarth_Image.jpg 

Also, you cannot drive or rent a car in Japan either without IPD.

Anyways, it’s only US$20 or so from your local AAA, so it's almost free to obtain an IPD and choices are yours...

Although I leave driving to localy drivers most of the times, my experience tells me IPD works wonders in "negotiating" where some traffic infractions are concerned… your experience may vary… again, choices are yours and it is not of my concern... haha :ROFLMAO: 

???????????

No Pants? No problem, rent pants and shoes from capitalist outside lol.

Yuck!

johnboy999

Hi I will be arriving at Mactan from the UK around midnight, does anyone know if the immigration office will be open during those hours to get a 59 day visa?

I am flying with Asiana and my next concern is not being allowed to board as my return  ticket is beyond 21 days . Has anyone had experience of not being allowed to board from there origin?

The immigration staff will obviously still be working as they've got to process the passengers arriving on your flight. Chances are very high that the office will be open so it's definitely worth asking in there before you go through passport control. I've not got a 59 day visa in there after midnight, but definitely got one in the evening ok.

As for the return ticket being beyond 21 days, that doesn't affect your boarding. As long as you have a return or exit ticket, the airline is complying with it's requirements from the immigration side of things so they won't stop you getting on the flight.

Roundisland

The immigration staff will obviously still be working as they've got to process the passengers arriving on your flight. Chances are very high that the office will be open so it's definitely worth asking in there before you go through passport control. I've not got a 59 day visa in there after midnight, but definitely got one in the evening ok.

As for the return ticket being beyond 21 days, that doesn't affect your boarding. As long as you have a return or exit ticket, the airline is complying with it's requirements from the immigration side of things so they won't stop you getting on the flight.

Thank you for the reply very helpful. Fingers crossed I can get the 59 day extension though.

Edited by Roundisland

l got an email from BoI today from first of august the visa is 30 dayes on arrival