What documentation do I need to extend the 21-day visa on arrival?

Hello everyone, just arrived in the Philippines two weeks ago.  Loving the heat (it's snowing at home right now).  What documentation do I need for the extension of my 21 day visa on arrival?  Also, what is its official name?  Do I need things like proof of financial ability to survive, proof of where I am living etc?  The Philippine government immigration website doesn't seem to give much information.

Thanks.

Ronin

Just show up at immigration in Mandaue with your passport and some cash.

Alternately you can go to just about any travel agency and have them handle it for you for a fee.

Next time you come, you can get a 59 day visa at the airport, that simplifies things.

RogerDuMond

You also need an onward ticket.

johnboy999

It's called a visa extension. The only other thing you'll really need to bring with you is a note of the flight number you arrived on as you will need to put that on the form. The staff at the Public Assistance Counter are very helpful and they will make sure you fill it in correctly. It's really quite straightforward though.They will not ask for any of the proofs that you mentioned. 

You also need an onward ticket.

I've NEVER been asked for this on any of my visa extensions at Mandaue or Dumaguete. 

• Like 3
Ronin

I've NEVER been asked for this on any of my visa extensions at Mandaue or Dumaguete.

Me either.

Just remembered, bring a pen and be sure to wear long pants and enclosed shoes.

Edited by Ronin
  • Like 3
miles-high

All you need is your passport which contains the page on which the Philippine arrival date/expiry date is stamped (just in case you have 2 passports).

Complete your application on-site then pay PHP3,030. That’s it – no other documentation required or asked, if your visa is still valid.

Your closest immigration office is in the Gaisano Mactan Annex building. I have been there 3 time including today (went there for other business), no line, no applicants waiting, you probably get an extension in 16 minutes as my friend did.

Important reminder: You need to dress business casual in that a long dark pants, preferably black leather shoes or sports shoes (Nike, etc. – absolutely no shorts, no sleeveless shirt, no slippers, no sandals allowed to even enter their premises).

• Like 1
SkyMan

Next time you come, you can get a 59 day visa at the airport, that simplifies things.

Next time get a 59day visa before coming and it'll save you some cash.  But if you forget that, get the 59 day on arrival which is what I thought this thread was about until you said you were already here.

21 day visa on arrival? Also, what is its official name?

Generally it's called a 21 day visa waiver as it's technically not a visa nut it walks like a duck and....

The first extension is a visa and good for 38 days beyond the 21 days and can be purchased 'on arrival' at the airport which is why I thought this thread would be about that. 

SkyMan

The only other thing you'll really need to bring with you is a note of the flight number you arrived on as you will need to put that on the form.

I was never able to remember to bring that so just made something up.  Way problema.
SkyMan

Important reminder: You need to dress business casual in that a long dark pants, preferably black leather shoes or sports shoes (Nike, etc. – absolutely no shorts, no sleeveless shirt, no slippers, no sandals allowed to even enter their premises).

Let's not get crazy now.  This stupid dress code is dumb enough as it is.  Just long pants (any color) no tank tops (wife beaters) and no slippers.  Sandals are ok.  I guess slippers become sandals if there is a heel strap.  Don't have to go all business casual though.
  • Like 3
johnboy999

I was never able to remember to bring that so just made something up.  Way problema 

For future reference, if you look in your passport at the Philippines Arrival stamp the flight number should be written in there by the Immigration Officer at the airport when you arrive

Runian

Just remembered, bring a pen and be sure to wear long pants and enclosed shoes.

this is more important then bringing your onward ticket, simply cos u wont get in to the immigration office building without ! and the pen u need to fill out the form u get from the sir/mam at the desk to the left just inside the door. Also remember to sign in @ zed door, but the guy with the shot gun will ask u to if u forget :)

also u can bring something to drink while u wait, and as u now are prepared and dressed for the visit, u can stand outside with me and smile at the ppl trying to get passed the first guard in muscle shirts, shorts and slippers.

Some of them get really red faced and angry in part I guess cos they just pushed past the dodong trying to rent them overalls and shoes.

I do not take pleasure from other ppl misfortune 

but I find it funny as hell

Edited by Runian
  • Like 1

Thanks for the replies everyone.  I went to the Gaisano Mactan office, about 20 minutes waiting, excluding the time to fill out the form.  While I was there an American arrived, he was a bit of a loud talker, it seems that the Los Angeles Consol said that he'd get 2 months, he was surprised that he'd only been given 21 days.  Fortunately he arrived in the PI 1-2 weeks ago, so he had a lot of time to deal with things.  He hadn't realised that the date he needed to leave the country was stamped on his passport, so I get the feeling he's a bit of a beginner in terms of travel and stuff.  He seemed to handle it all well though.  

And yes, some people were told they had to leave, due to open footwear and shorts.

newbster

Alternately you can go to just about any travel agency and have them handle it for you for a fee.

How do you get a 59 day Visa at the airport? Also I read that now PI requires a clearance from police at your main residence that has to then be authenticated at the nearest PI embassy? Is that true? Thanks!

johnboy999

How do you get a 59 day Visa at the airport? Also I read that now PI requires a clearance from police at your main residence that has to then be authenticated at the nearest PI embassy? Is that true? Thanks!

When you arrive, before you go through passport control, you will see a door where the immigration office is. Just ask the staff in there and pay the fee which is just over 2800 php, then when you proceed to passport control afterwards with your receipt the Immigration officer will give you a stamp for 59 days. I've done it on both my last 2 entries into the Philippines at Mactan airport. You won't need any police clearances for this 59 day visa, nor proof of address, financial capability, etc.

There have been a few reports that police clearance may be required when you apply for a resident visa, 13(a) but that seems to be a recent change. Don't worry about that on a 59 day visa ;)

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
Roundisland

Hi I will be arriving at Mactan from the UK around midnight, does anyone know if the immigration office will be open during those hours to get a 59 day visa?

I am flying with Asiana and my next concern is not being allowed to board as my return  ticket is beyond 21 days . Has anyone had experience of not being allowed to board from there origin?