Relocating to camiguin island

no one

can any one help to get some info about camiguin island i like to move there some time this year 

so far i have no idea whats it like there and where are the party places and good beach to go to 

also will have to find some reasonable house for rent not so far from beach 

thank you 

Paul

You may want to go there first, and then decide whether it is for you - or not.

Camiguin is a nice island. I love going there. However, it is a VERY laid back island, only about 65 Kilometers around the entire perimeter.

"Party places" are going to be your house, or whenever there is a fiesta, most of the time. :D

Edited by Paul
udonthani

maybe you should visit first to see if you can see yourself being there for months and months, this is very easily done now you can fly inexpensively from Cebu with Cebu Pacific.. Camiguin may not be to everybody's liking. I like it but it is not noted for either its beaches or its 'party places'. Other islands are better for both of those things.

• Like 2
no one

its a small island with not that many people or tourists and its kind of quiet there right ???

i lived in puerto galera few years back so hoping its kind of like it 

i will go visit but before i do i like to get some background so i know where to go look and all 

not going to just move there at first 

Paul

not going to just move there at first

Then, you need to be a bit clearer when you post. Originally, you said:

can any one help to get some info about camiguin island i like to move there some time this year

That's why we made the assumption that you wanted to go there and move, sight unseen.

I have never been to PG, so I cannot compare the two. But, trust us on the laid back, small town feeling of the island.

If you are a younger guy, you will be bored shitless. I have a feeling you will be, anyway.

• Like 1
no one

im bored shitless where im now lol so thats nothing new to me 

also need to rent a scooter and not  so expensive 

i like a small island quiet as long as there is some people to drink with once a while im good 

udonthani

nightlife in Camiguin is not all that great. There's a pretty shit disco at the Rooftop in Mambajao on the weekend, plus there is a bit of a foreigner hang out nearby when the tables can be covered with bottles of SM in the afternoons. A few places along the busy Mambajao-Yumbing stretch.

maybe Bantayan might be a better try for you. Have you been to any of the other Visayan islands. Bantayan, Siquijor, Camotes, Biliran even all have their plus and minus points - though in just about all of them it should be possible to find somewhere to stay for months that would not be expensive. None of them tick all the boxes of having party places or a foreigner social scene, beaches, off-beach snorkelling, easy to hire a scooter. Some have got 2 or 3 of those. But none of them have got all four.

Paul

i like a small island quiet as long as there is some people to drink with once a while im good

You will be fine, then.

SkyMan

That's why we made the assumption that you wanted to go there and move, sight unseen.

Yeah, I had the impression the OP had thrown a dart at a map and somehow hit Camiguin so he decided to move there and wanted to know about it.
  • Like 1
Headshot

Comparing Puerto Galera (Mindoro) with Camiguin is like comparing Cebu City to Negros. There is no comparison. If you are looking to "party" then Cebu City and Puerto Galera are the places to go. Camiguin and Negros are NOT party destinations. Like somebody said, if you want to party there, then you will need to find a girl who will live with you and have parties with you in your own home. The quiet islands in the Philippines are more BYOG places (Bring Your Own Girl). That doesn't mean you need to take a girl with you to the island, but you will need to invest yourself in a meaningful relationship if you want to "party" on a regular basis.

udonthani

The quiet islands in the Philippines are more BYOG places (Bring Your Own Girl).

this will put a discussion out on a tagent but is not off-topic.

BYOG is always a good idea on islands but in roughly descending order here is my BYOG table with the least need to BYOG at the top:

1. Bantayan.

2. Biliran.

3. Siquijor.

4. Camiguin.

5. Camotes.

no one

ok go it 

i asked for some insights on the island so i can go visit and i have even post it on other thread here that i will be visiting there soon and i got this

dont go there you will not like it

dont come here you will not like it

no party here

its slow here

its boring there

i only asked where are the places i should go visit

im sure i can make up my own mind about the place

any way thanks for nothing  

oh ye assumption is like an as hole 

we all have one but we should keep it to our selfs 

Nangulo

You're pretty thin-skinned.  That's not what I read of the other posts.  They said, "go visit it first."  If your're looking for a party place, you have to go visit, first.  Make up your own mind, whether it't the right place for you, or not.  Camiguin is small and isolated.  Not much (if any) night life.  

Don't ask, GO!

Your welcome for nothing.

http://www.camiguin.gov.ph/

Edited by Nangulo
Edwin

like an as hole

painting a self portrait in gratitude for those who took the time to give you a heads up?

• Like 1
no one

so far i have no idea whats it like there and where are the party places and good beach to go to 

also will have to find some reasonable house for rent not so far from beach 

thank you 

except for 

udonthani

you are all trolling and have nothing to say 

i know there is a planty people from there on this site 

not sure about the once posting here 

must bo some kind of a secret island lol 

im not looking for a place to party just asked where do you go to party 

i simply just asked where to go around the island 

oh and puerto it self is for sure not a party place lol