Dolsos

Would love to see it hit 60:1 but i'll settle for it going back to the 45:1 it was when I visited my wife (then fiance) for the first time.

• Like 1
smokey

oh all of us usa got a raise ... whoopie ... 

BossHog

Actually, I've discovered an absolutely foolproof method to predict the dollar/peso rate.

Whenever, I'm about to undertake a major building project the dollar will suddenly shit itself.

Soon as the hard currency accounts are emptied the peso does the same.

• Like 4

I remember back when Erap was President, it went up to 56 . Too bad I was still in PH that time, lol.

Dolsos

Whenever, I'm about to undertake a major building project the dollar will suddenly shit itself.

Murphy's Law in action.  

So when are you planning your next project? 

• Like 3
cebubird

At our bank in city this am and lady showed us a printout of the morning rates BOC was giving.

At 9:17, it was 42.70

At 10:30 when we were exchanging, it was 42.10-about 30 mins earlier, it was 42.40.

Read arcticle while we were there that the PI government's budget for year "assumes" a rate between 42 and 45.

Yeah I would love to see the 45 it was we arrived 3 years ago-would liked to have seen it much earlier as it sure would have helped on cost of house.

Planning a pool, so maybe it will go up and help on that anyway.

• Like 1
ed villas

I remember back when Erap was President, it went up to 56 . Too bad I was still in PH that time, lol.

thats news.. i recall it went to low 50/s, under GMA it had hit 56 in 2005 or 06..

I hope for a high oil price and a low USD, but fine if PHP weaken against the USD.

thats news.. i recall it went to low 50/s, under GMA it had hit 56 in 2005 or 06..

LOL. Yea, you're right. It was GMA's term. :P

udonthani

it is also creeping up against the pound - nearly at 65 now at xe.com

ed villas

yes it is all good ,even great that the rate is RISING, but the trouble will occurr after the rate increases and stays HIGH,

what do I mean??

most goods are imported?? yes? not all but some?... the power/telehone/water companies have some item in the bill called..

fica? or foreign  currency adjustment...not sure of the name,, when the $$ was high and peso was poor, the "charge" was higher than now..  if the rate stays the same,, little or no major increases in this or the cost of imported goods.

if it stays high, then these goods will increase too.

if i am incorrect. please kindly show me where i could be , thanks