thebob

Nice but I wouldn't like to see the price tag

Water and beer do not match...I would go for, the BBQ area... :beer2:

• Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

my wife wants an inground pool eventually .. i wouldn't mind at all having one like this .. basic 12 foot circular looks to be in the neighborhood of 65 grand though .. some places say 30% more than a similar sized regular in ground .. worth looking in to when we get serious about putting one in 

BossHog

Had a friend here who put in an inground pool recently/

Nice setup as he has has a mineral water spring on property.

The only problem is the local toads which have colonized it.

All the wires and netting to keep them out has destroyed the ambiance.

• Like 1
Wolfpack

frogs...toads...I do not know the difference...but I am surprised they will swim in a pool...always thought the chlorine would keep them out...but I find that is not the case...they like clean water too...

Headshot

frogs...toads...I do not know the difference...but I am surprised they will swim in a pool...always thought the chlorine would keep them out...but I find that is not the case...they like clean water too...

If a pool is properly chlorinated, frogs and toads will want nothing to do with it. However, some people try to go "natural" and not add chlorine (which really isn't a good idea with pools). Without chlorine, you end up with all sorts of flora and fauna living in your pool...and pretty soon, it is more of a pond than a pool. Filtration alone cannot keep pool water crystal clear.

At best, the pool in the video is a kiddie wading pool. I doubt it would hold your interest for very long.

Edited by Headshot
Wolfpack

If a pool is properly chlorinated, frogs and toads will want nothing to do with it. However, some people try to go "natural" and not add chlorine (which really isn't a good idea with pools). Without chlorine, you end up with all sorts of flora and fauna living in your pool...and pretty soon, it is more of a pond than a pool. Filtration alone cannot keep pool water crystal clear.

At best, the pool in the video is a kiddie wading pool. I doubt it would hold your interest for very long.

The pool at Genesis Valley Resort appeared clean to me...at night when I swam there...frogs or toads were in the water...first time I have ever experience that...

Brucewayne

I had a pool when I was in the states, it was great for about a month, then we sort of forgot we even had it.

We used the patio all the time though, as I like to barbeque and I also have my coffee outside off and on all day, every day.

• Like 2
Dolsos

I had a pool when I was in the states, it was great for about a month, then we sort of forgot we even had it.

We used the patio all the time though, as I like to barbeque and I also have my coffee outside off and on all day, every day.

Everyone thinks if they have a pool they'll use it all the time but I don't think it really works out that way.

I'd love to have one but I'd rather know a friend who has one and just bring by a 6 pack for admission fee when I felt like swimming.

• Like 3
SkyMan

Set up a system to periodically send a few amps through the pool and when you're ready to use it just net the toads off and turn off the juicer.

Half Baked

Set up a system to periodically send a few amps through the pool and when you're ready to use it just net the toads off and turn off the juicer.

Not to mention the frog's legs for a snack!

• Like 1
SkyMan

Although they did show it at max depth towards the end you're right in that it wouldn't keep an adult happy very long.  However, it would be great for someone with a young kid up to age say 8 or 10 and their younger siblings too.  I know my dogs would love it.

Pretty much to have a decent pool you're going to need to have a few kids of your own, or expect to do a lot of entertaining, or be very committed to using it.  And what I mean by very committed to using it, perhaps someone in the family is a competitive swimmer or has some requirement for water therapy.  Perhaps you have a calling to teach swimming or diving or SCUBA.

philuk

I agree with most ppsters go for a patio. you can always go to a pool.

Yoy have to get invited to a bbq.