jim from medford oregon..hello everyone.

veenjac

will be moving to Cebu island in july. it's up to my future wife where we settle as she has all the really BIG money. i am really lucky...she is polite to her family but they are on their own. i think because she was adopted she can say "no" without a guilt trip.
10 months ago we met online and has been wonderful. she is the one who SENDS me money. sometimes i think i died and went to heaven.
anyway, name is jim, age 64, retired chp officer.
i love driving in the Philippines when i was here last year...i started in manila then to city of san fernado and finished up driving the mountain road to baguio. the car i used was a Honda crv with cabin air filter which made life nice behind the buses.
really enjoy this site.
best wishes, jim.

jtmwatchbiz

welcome to the forum jim!

hope you keep posting in the cebu topics threads and stay in touch to keep us up to date on your moving and settling. my wife also has the big money but unlike you she don't share any with me :)

all the best from guadalupe heights!

fred

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum.  You like driving?  Next time drive from Baguio to Bontoc along the highest 'road' in the PH.

What's your secret about reversing the usual money flow?

post-14483-0-10050200-1369724099_thumb.jpg

Picture is a scene from the Baguio to Bontoc 'road.'

Edited by GoHuk
veenjac

we both have Citibank for her sending money to me.  she started out making loans to people only taking property as security for the loan. 60% never come back to pay the loan and she ends up with some great property. almost all make really good profit for her. she has a good lawyer educated in California and she makes the property all up to date on taxes and pays manila their fees if you own the property less than 51/2 years. that way everything is a fast and clean deal when she sells.
that looks like a beautiful drive thanks for the picture. i'm sure there are more hidden jems like this...thanks for sharing this one.

mikewright

Welcome to the forum, Jim !

Headshot

Welcome Jim. It sounds like you have one very smart lady there. Best of luck to both of you. It sounds like she is from Luzon, so I would imagine that is where you will settle. Most Filipinas at least want to live in an area where they can speak and understand the local dialect.

Mandingo

Welcome to the forum Jim.

I spent many a day in White City working back in the day, love the Medford area and hope all goes well for you on your move.

veenjac

taking my friend to white city in about 15 min. I myself live in shady cove. I will settle on Cebu island somewhere. it's up to us both...i'm leaning towards Alcoy, Cebu. i'm keeping my mobile home in a senior park as a backup. I sold my '66 mustang g.t. so I have seed money plus enough to fly back. I also get my v.a. disability. pers from California and s.s. so I think I have my bases covered..haha.

davewe

taking my friend to white city in about 15 min. I myself live in shady cove. I will settle on Cebu island somewhere. it's up to us both...i'm leaning towards Alcoy, Cebu. i'm keeping my mobile home in a senior park as a backup. I sold my '66 mustang g.t. so I have seed money plus enough to fly back. I also get my v.a. disability. pers from California and s.s. so I think I have my bases covered..haha.

My fiancée's family is from Alcoy and I have been there a couple times and really like it. Nice beach for sure.

Bill H

Welcome!  Just be careful.  Things are not always as they seem here.  Caution is the rule of the day, week, month and year in these quarters.