mikewright

Looks good.  Where are you putting the dirty kitchen?

Edited by mikewright
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• philuk

• Headshot

• SkyMan

• USCebuana

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the final design for the house i intend to build when the time comes,   It is shown  sitting on the 336 squre metre lot we have bought   Planned with chief architect X5 software, has livi

Philuk, here are my house plans. These plans are just the simplified floor plans. Everything on the first floor (with the exception of the garage, stairways and larger main bath are existing, We will

Verandahs and yards are great.   I find this is where you spend most of your time in a tropical environment.   We only get in the house to sleep.   But I'm a nature kinda guy.

Posted Images

philuk

Looks good.  Where are you putting the dirty kitchen?

In the floor plan above, right hand side, front to back, you got Carport, Games room, Downstairs crapper, dirty kitchen,

If you look close you can see a washing machine just to the left of the window, and a sink under the window,

Durham

very nice and good design. Good Luck when you start construction.

tomaw

Did you get any estimates on what it will cost to build it in Angeles City?

philuk

Did you get any estimates on what it will cost to build it in Angeles City?

Got no estimates yet, that won't happen till we get there full time,,

Nothing will happen till we get there full time,

• Like 1
SkyMan

got family there

:hyper:

i have tried chief gome desifner hime but found it constricting. premier x5 is by far better.

I've got X3 and it came with a nice walk-through tutorial that really made it easy to use.  The hard part was forcing it to block wall construction.  Also, with X3 anyway, if you wanted imperial measurements you opened an imperial template and for metric you opened a metric template.  It seemed a very odd drawback to not be able to convert a drawing between the systems.  Even AutoCAD is able to convert using scaling factors and changing the units display options.  AC doesn't actually care about units but will display them if required.

The subject of this thread is "Final" so do you welcome design comments?

Edited by SkyMan
philuk

Hi skyman. cant find hpw to quote on this piggin phone. worked yesterday now the button buggered off.

yes it does say final. but am always open to constructive sigestions. but belive me this design has been perfected over a long period. Have tried all sorts of variation but please feel free to fire away bud i'm all ears

SkyMan

Well, some of this is my own preference of course.  For example I like more open design so the wall between the LR/DR would bother me.  But some people like to segregate the DR off more formally.  In the kitchen you don't have a ref and it's pretty important to decide where that will go in relation to the other appliances counters and rest of the house.  Normally it's close to the entrance of the kitchen so you don't have to go through the whole kitchen to get a drink.  This may eat up some of your counter space.  I would put the microwave above counter to get some counter space back.  If you can I would put it above the range hood however I notice your range hood is venting into the LR?  A dirty kitchen is really supposed to be outdoor to vent off the bbq smoke and much worse, the baho nga buwad.  What you have designed is a second kitchen but not a dirty kitchen.  The DK is also the gathering place so having room for extra people to spill out into your backyard is a plus.  The downstairs CR is a long way from your LR so furnish maps to your guests and it's even farther from your man cave.  You'll get a lot of exercise.

Upstairs I really can't see your dimensions but the middle BR (with the 2 twins) or the MBR could be substantially larger if the hallway (wasted space) to the veranda were removed and the veranda  accessed from the MBR.  You may want to give a lot of the veranda space to the MBR anyway.  I see lots of homes with verandas but almost never see anyone sitting on them.

Anyway, nothing major and this may be stuff you already looked or just isn't appealing.  Enjoy!!

philuk

Great coments skyman.

first one. the open arch is 12 feet. close to open plan as i want r

to be.

2 The ref is a built in under work top with door to match other units. as is the dishwasher.

3 Microwave will be on a raised section in rhe corner. cant show this as i just not good enough with the software yet

4 The cooker hood vents out through the back of th house via a flat box pipe above wall units

The cr is no more than 40 feet from the farthest point if i cant hold it for that long u will get nappies.

I dont want everyone coming through mbr. which is more than big enough. only sleep in there. veranda has room for a pool table.

great coment though and thanks for the input

philuk

Ps. i think the main reason for versndas not being used is because they are not easily accesable to all. also a lot of them have no roof and are therefore either too hot or too wet to use.

BossHog

Verandahs and yards are great.

I find this is where you spend most of your time in a tropical environment.

We only get in the house to sleep.

But I'm a nature kinda guy.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 2
SkyMan

Verandahs and yards are great. I find this is where you spend most of your time in a tropical environment.

Well, not really as far as this type of veranda goes, where you have to go upstairs and out over the carport.  A veranda that comes off the back of the house like a typical US patio or deck, yes.  Now in this case:

veranda has room for a pool table.

then yes, I see people going to the trouble of going upstairs to shoot some pool.
philuk

Got the typical out the back veranda for when we have a bbq

but the upstairs one will be great for the morning cuppa and first smoke of the day..

Straight out of bed into the shower next stop the veranda.

cant wait.

Headshot

Ps. i think the main reason for versndas not being used is because they are not easily accesable to all. also a lot of them have no roof and are therefore either too hot or too wet to use.

Our house design originally had a covered balcony over our two car garage and verandas around the sides and back of the house. Unfortunately, the design broke the budget, so we scaled back, and now the balcony over the garage doesn't have a roof over it and the verandas are gone, What I will do instead for the balcony is basically create a large barangay tent over that area, so we will still get the shade, but without the cost of walls (arches in this case) and a roof. The balcony will be accessible through sliding glass doors from the family room on the second floor or on a stairway up from the pool area behind the garage. We will use it as an outdoor extension of our family room (which will give us flexibility for parties) and it will also give us a good place to observe the pool area.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1
philuk

I have looked at many house designs in the phil's,

mostly on Sulit and addpost,

and I noticed that most of the upper veranda's are off the master bedroom, and can only be got to via that room, Which to my mind says it is off limits to everyone else,

like headshot i feel it should be for all the families use, What if you have an early night with the missus, you know, one of those romantic, lets go to bed early and watch tv kind of nights

the veranda would be closed to all, or maybe just when your about to light your short fuse the teenage daughter comes through with cup of coa coa in hand..

I know the landing is taking three feet off the small front bedroom but at the end of the day it is still more than 12 feet square and plenty big enough for a regular double bed,