Just moved to Cebu...YESTERDAY!

After viewing loads of properties with multiple brokers, I am finally settled in a house. Signed the lease for a year and just moved in over the weekend. Sharing the house with 2 other like-minded individuals.

I am glad to have found this forum -- good to know there are a lot of people who are willing to help and loads more that we noobs can be friends with. :)

I have been to Cebu a couple of times before (mostly for SCUBA diving). And I was recently here last April 19th to see if I would be okay to move here for about a year (maybe even more). So far, I LOVE IT! :)

The choice to move to Cebu was for to grow the "biznass" - outsourcing and internet marketing. We now have a team in place in Manila, who are all working from home and hopefully we can start one here in Cebu as well.

My background is MULTIMEDIA - graphic design, web design and development, video production (post-production), motion graphics, 3D animation, etc. Now, am just focusing on project management and client servicing plus more on internet marketing stuff (some software, plug-in creation, theme creation, etc.). I don't speak Bisaya - speak more English than Tagalog too. :S 

So far, we've only been in Ayala and SM to get food -- we got a stay-in helper so that will at least spare us from having to go to the mall to find a decent place to eat -- haven't been around much to find out where the good hang-outs are -- like a pub.

I have not made too many friends YET. I got a few reliable friends already though --

1. the cab driver that we call every now and then as he's the friendliest person I have ever met in my life!
  2. The broker who helped us find the place that we're living in - who's also married to a guy whom I went to uni with
  3. Another broker (LOL) 
  4. And yesterday, An American who asked us where to get a cheap-ass phone (LOL).

Oh, and have also started to meet some of the neighbours. :)

Anyway, am stoked to be here - hope to make more friends and get bucket loads of info about Cebu :)

Paul

I'm impressed. A Tagalog who likes Cebu. :)

I'm impressed. A Tagalog who likes Cebu. :)

LOL When you get to know me you'll prolly say not much of a "Tagalog" anyway :) But YES, I like Cebu!

samatm

curios on your decision to base in CEBU.   How many times had you been here before you decided to move here?    Why Cebu -- say as opposed to other cities not Manila? 

tanks

Brucewayne

Welcome, I hope you aren't disappointed once the excitement wears off.

Sounds like you are off to a good start, just think positively.

Welcome to the queen city of the south!

Headshot

Welcome to the forums. We are just setting up a LinC Forums Chow Club (where we get together and try new restaurants), so if you want to meet other members face-to-face, that might be a good way to do so. Since you have a business, I will caution you to talk with Paul (his email address is in the "contact" function at the top of every page) before you say anything about your business that you shouldn't. If you want to do that, or advertise on the forums in any way, you should talk with Paul first. Have fun. There is a lot of good information here.

Welcome to the forums. We are just setting up a LinC Forums Chow Club (where we get together and try new restaurants), so if you want to meet other members face-to-face, that might be a good way to do so. Since you have a business, I will caution you to talk with Paul (his email address is in the "contact" function at the top of every page) before you say anything about your business that you shouldn't. If you want to do that, or advertise on the forums in any way, you should talk with Paul first. Have fun. There is a lot of good information here.

Thanks for the welcome and the heads up re business posts - will keep a mental note. :)

Haven't gone through all the forums but yes, loads of good stuff. Looking forward to the CHOW CLUB too! 

Welcome to the queen city of the south!

Thank you! :)

Welcome, I hope you aren't disappointed once the excitement wears off.

Sounds like you are off to a good start, just think positively.

My working habits are the same everywhere I go -- am just living in a different city, in a different house where I don't understand the dialect but they at least understand me. 

It'll be a year full of "adventure" -- still excited :)

Thanks for the welcome!

Half Baked

Welcome to Cebu and the forum. Just guessing but I may be one of the neighbors you have met. Small world, huh? (But I wouldn't want to paint it!) :)

Runian

Welcome to the forums and welcome to Cebu, enjoy! 

R

Welcome to Cebu and the forum. Just guessing but I may be one of the neighbors you have met. Small world, huh? (But I wouldn't want to paint it!) :)

LOL Small world indeed!

Welcome to the forums and welcome to Cebu, enjoy! 

R

Thank you!

ILoveCyrus

Welcome to the forum brother.... 

Cebu is my place in the SUN