Top 10 Most Stupid Things About Philippines.

Edwin

http://philippinefailblog.com/top-10-most-stupid-things-about-philippines/

The article would not copy so there is only the link.

I was able to copy this from the philippinefailblog:

About FiloFail

I am Filipino by nationality. But I was not raised in Philippines. I
grew up in USA and came to Philippines at age 38.

I had no idea what I was getting into when I came here. Yes, it was my
mistake to not have made a month or two long visit before deciding to
come here. But to be honest, I think I would have come regardless. It's
not all bad here, and you can certainly live much better on your dollars
here than in USA.

After the culture shock adjustment, I've decided to remain here and
continue with business despite the frustrations. I'm not unhappy here at
all. And this blog helps me vent the frustrations I deal with daily in
this country.

The purpose of this blog is partially for my own personal therapy and
venting my frustrations. Many of the comments by readers completely
agree and identify with my posts. This blog is just one of many which
express the same frustrations and opinions.

I really don't believe this blog will help native Filipinos. I have come
to the conclusion they are helpless because on the most part, they are
completely shut down and closed off to real progress or change. On the
same note, I am certain it won't hurt them any more or less than they
hurt themselves every day with their crab mentality, hypocrisy, and
senseless thirst for revenge against each other for even petty little
bullshit things.

They do not listen or care about criticism of any kind. So this blog is
not necessarily here for the native Filipino.This blog is primarily here
for ME and those from outside of Philippines who must live here or stay
here long term and are as frustrated and as mind-boggled as I am about
the level of idiocy, stupidity, and absence of logic and reason in
Philippines.

It is therapeutic to release the anger and frustrations of having to
live here. This blog also serves as informative to foreigners looking to
come here. They need to know what they're getting themselves into, and
what to expect in order to make an informed decision. Foreigners be
warned. What you will experience here will shock and confuse you!

• Like 4
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• SkyMan

• tokyoman

• KennyF

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So it makes it ok to make generalizing, racist comments if you have the same heritage?  I think that is a stupid thing to do.  Perhaps one of the 10 most stupid things in the Philippines.

It's really only a pain at times because our own background, in our own Countries is just different. Get over it. We are not in our own Countries anymore.   I have lived in the region for over 10

Judging by her answers, I think your wife has been gone too long or never knew in the 1st place. NOW I know why you're always asking questions here.

Posted Images

Topper

Numbers one through ten look about right. The order may change according to one's own experiences. :biggrin_01:

• Like 2
A_Simple_Man

I really don't believe this blog will help native Filipinos. I have come to the conclusion they are helpless because on the most part, they are completely shut down and closed off to real progress or change.

So it makes it ok to make generalizing, racist comments if you have the same heritage?  I think that is a stupid thing to do.  Perhaps one of the 10 most stupid things in the Philippines.

• Like 9
Skywalker

It's really only a pain at times because our own background, in our own Countries is just different. Get over it. We are not in our own Countries anymore.

I have lived in the region for over 10 years, and I love it, despite the 'bumpy roads' because its different from my own Country. None of these problems are Philippines specific by the way, go to other local Countries and you'll experience much the same.

At the moment I wouldn't live anywhere else, mind you I used to say that when I lived in Thailand - but I can say with some certainty that I would not live in Europe again.

Yes, living here is different and challenging, and what is life if not a challenge? Life is for living, so live it. Do you really want to go back to your Country of origin, wasn't there a reason why you left it?

• Like 7
Edwin

It is therapeutic to release the anger and frustrations of having to live here. This blog also serves as informative to foreigners looking to come here. They need to know what they're getting themselves into, and what to expect in order to make an informed decision. Foreigners be warned. What you will experience here will shock and confuse you!

A_Simple_Man, I believe you have become Filipino.

Edited by Edwin
  • Like 1
miles-high

My comments in [ ] :D

1.     SM Mall security checks. The pseudo-frisk at the waist line and dip of their stick in your bag.

[basically they are checking for a concealed weapon so it serves the purpose.]

2.     PLDT, enough said.

[No complaint, in fact I am a satisfied customer.]

3.     Water pressure

[No complaint, I guess it depends on where you live...]

4.     Power lines and posts

[No complaint re power, never used posts.]

5.     Customer service of any kind

[No complaint, try calling Microsoft in the US... I had good customer supports from SONY Philippines, Fujitsu Philippines (tablet repair), etc.]

6.     Honoring warranties (or rather, NOT)

[This is not my experience. Eletrolux, Nokia, Carrier, some computer parts, furniture repair all promptly taken care of under warranty...]

7.     Filipino drivers, enough said again.

[hehe ;) ]

8.     Serving of food at restaurants: Main courses served before appetizers, asking to order dessert before you've even been served your main course, only 1 or 2 ice cubes in your beverage, or glass with ice and ice is half melted, dishes come out one at a time and randomly over the course of your stay instead of all at once like the rest of the world.

[Try "good" restaurants and you will be OK ;)]

9.     Getting your Filipino employee to actually do the job he was hired to do.

[Not my experience, I hired many workers in the US in the past, their Filipino counterparts are just as knowledgeable and hard workers. I guess it all depends on your screening/managerial ability...]

10.   Traffic officers standing in the middle of a straight highway, not at any intersection, waving cars in the only possible direction they can possibly go anyway. But 200 meters away there's an intersection that is all fecked up and uncontrolled.

[if you are a good driver, you would appreciate what they are doing under the circumstance. In fact, most of them do a good job, really...]

:thumbsup: 

• Like 5
towboat72

after reading the o/p and sitting and thinking about it for a bit  I think I agree with 95 percent of it ,

does that make me a racist I don't think so in fact I hope not ,but I also do not understand why a country or the people  can do so many stupid things and when shown a better or easier way still not learn to use it.

I love it here and love most of the people  that I have met and interact with here ,but most of the time I shake my head about things and wonder why its that hard to do .

but it is what it is and ill never see the changes made,but it would sure help the people if they were made .

but if the changes were made maybe I would not like it here  BUT im betteing I would .

• Like 1
Guy60417

I don't know that these would be my top ten. There are so many possible choices.

• Like 3
smokey

number 8(((<<<<  and i eat at good restaurants also )))) and number 9 drive me crazy especially when they want a draw before they start the job and expect meals and a tip 

Edited by smokey
rainymike

It's all about attitude:

1. SM Mall security checks: I always smile if the guard is an attractive woman and she cops a feel.

2. PLDT: what's a landline?

3. water pressure: no complaints yet, my pee still reaches the middle of the toilet bowl and makes nice tinkly sounds.

4. power lines: yea, I have to power up whenever I stand in line, or the little old lola will beat me to the counter. Oh ... you mean the other kind of lines. Yeah, but it's kind of trippy when the light kinda blinks on and off, takes me back to the 60's. Same effect from looking at all the wires hanging from the poles.

5. customer service: back in the states I had some problems with the bank. I called customer service and some dude in the Philippines answered. At another company it was some dude from India. And another from the US. The filipino did the job as requested, I couldn't stop laughing at the Indian guy cuz he sounded like Peter Sellers imitating an Indian guy, and the American gal ... let's just say her IQ was about the level of a cabbage. 

6. warranties: last time I checked on a warranty was when my pecker refused to peck back in the states. Oddly, since living in the Phils, the problem has pretty much gone away. That's the only warranty I really need.

7. Filipino drivers: you know, sometimes I miss the scary rides at the carnival. I take a taxi when that happens.

8. Food service: Hell, I like my dessert first. I don't miss the salad. And when the dishes come one at a time, what I'm eating is usually hot. Chinese style as well.

9. Filipino employees: lol ... you should try being a manager at an American college. Professors have tenure, unions, academic freedom ... I couldn't fire a bastard even if I wanted to. And believe me, I had a few winners that deserved to be shot.

10. Traffic officers: don't bother me at all. I think it's a figment of someone's imagination that they exist.

• Like 2
redman69

what is racist about commenting on the way a group does things, If I talk about the food Iclanders eat, the side of the road brits, drive on, the tsa at a airport in the states. I am a racist?

Well we all just watch 2 British born men run over and kill another British born man. the killers identified with total strangers on another continent and not their home of birth. they also saw white men as the enemy and white women as part of the same foreign oppressed group they perceived themselves to be members of.

The economist magazine just front page Afirmitive action does not work. Angela Merkel in Germany said multiculture is not working.

I am a citizen of the US. We are held together by a creed, And we are a republic and not a democracy, Many and I do mean many will try to tell us that we are a democracy as a way to strip of our rights. like they were voted to us and as such can be voted away. And that one group even though different should be treated different. these are lies and tricks to steal our freedom. Women make babies. Men do not. So, is there a difference? Yes, but we are so caught up in PC talk you guys can not even say yes.

I saw the result of not be able to call something what it is. with out being labeled a racist on TV. I have read the Koran. They were following the teachings of the Koran. I have met priest who have taken vows all kinds of shit. they are following the teachings of the new testament. I have met Buddist monks who live on the street all their lives. They are following the teachings of Buddha.

They are not the extremist. We who eat drink and are merry are the weak ones, who are not willing to walk the life taught.

How is it that so many can not understand teaching lies as truths to make people feel good. Is insane. Doing it over and over again will always end up the same. Humans. 1 st you have to admit a mistake. then you can learn from it. If you are not allowed to talk about stuff. how will you learn????? If you are attacked as a racist for telling your opinon. You will stop. and of course that means not one will tell anyone the traffic light is broken and people will get killed daily because no one is allowed to point out that all the GREENS are on at the same time. Oh, you do not like the greens, you must be a racist.

• Like 3
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

you guys should be proud .. a list of the ten most stupid things in the Philippines and not one forum member is mentioned on the list

• Like 5
motorboy

Most of what you guys complain about is not only the Philippines. It applies to alot of third world countries, and places that want to act like a 3rd world country. I am in Puerto Rico right now, and the do some of the dumbest things I have ever seen. For example: was driving behind a car the other day when the guy stopped traffic both ways, got out of his car, slowly got his kids out, and walked up to a little store to buy candy for his kids. There was available parking on the side of the street, but he didn't want to walk less then half a block. 

Need to answer your cell phone and talk away, fine, I can stand heer and wait for 5 minutes while you stand there holding my change in your hand. Don't bother to take 3 seconds and give it to me. Or they just stop what they are doing and strike up a conversation with a fellow employee.

Need to find a place to park, go ahead and park behind my car (which is in my drive way). I don't mind knocking on your door at 6:00 am to get you to move it. But please don't take a freaking hour to do it.

Want to steal something? My car radio looks good, the change in my ashtray, hell take anything you want. That seems to be the motto anyways. What is yours is mine cause I'm gonna steal it.

Lettuce is 3 bucks for a head of iceburg, but you better eat it fast cause within a few days it will start to rot. That goes for most produce.

So stop complaining, enjoy the low cost of living, or move.

littlePP

Most things on the list can be said of any third world (dump) country - some things you just need to accept when you want a pretty younger woman, or live more on the dollar.

My biggest annoy the shit out of me, this week - cab drivers beeping at me non stop. On the phone talking, walking with my gym gear - sitting at a cafe near the street - does not matter - I'm supposed to acknowledge all of them, every minute of the day.

Sometimes, i actually get into a cab, just to avoid the cabs.

"just drive around - I'm avoiding you"

Edited by littlePP
  • Like 3
A_Simple_Man

Right near the top of my personal list would be foreigners talking to shop clerks who do not speak English:

Foreigner:  What's the matter with you?  Don't ya speak English?

Clerk shakes here head.

Foreigner (raises voice):  I WANT A WHATCHAMACALIT TO FIT IN MY DINGLEBERRY.

• Like 4