Sign in to follow this  
Headshot

Pediatrician (Primary Care for Children)

Headshot

Since Skyman started a topic on house painters, it reminded me that I wanted to start topics on many subjects for services that that are often passed on word-of-mouth. In other words, if you don't have contacts, you don't find the person or company that provides the service. I will start these threads on as many types of services as I can. Note: I consider any specialty as a service, so you will see painters, plumbers, carpenters, masons, electricians, lawyers, medical specialties, dental specialties, diesel mechanics, gasoline engine mechanics, LPG engine mechanics and conversion, brake repair, auto body and paint, auto electric systems, etc. Also, if you think of other specialties that I miss, let me know, and I will add a topic. I will pin all of these topics, so they stick around over time.

So...if you know of a PEDIATRICIAN that you would recommend, please put the doctor's name, whatever contact information you have, where he or she is located (town or city and address of his office), what hospitals he or she is affiliated and why you would recommend this doctor over others. Also, if you know details (like other specialties, years in practice, patient interactions), I'm sure that would be helpful to a lot of other members.

Headshot

Our favorite Pediatrician is Dr. Rhodora Diaz. Her office is located on the second floor in the Diaz Building (across Avila St. from Cebu Doctors University Hospital). Her clinic's phone number is 253-4863. My daughter has had a few different doctors and nurses give her immunizations, and Dr. Diaz is the only one where she doesn't cry when she gets a shot. She talks to the baby or child and tells them what she is going to do before she gives a shot. She is so calming and reassuring that the baby or child loses its fear. Of course, it doesn't hurt that she really knows what she's doing with immunizations for babies and children. Dr. Diaz is the Head of Pediatrics for Cebu Doctors University Hospital. We trust her completely.

Oh...and when you walk into her inner office, it is like entering a giant toy box. My daughter loves to go there to play with the rocking horses and other toys. The child is so distracted, they hardly notice that she is actually working with them. And...if they do, she is so reassuring to them, they calm right down.

Edited by Headshot

ILoveCyrus

Hey Folks,

Please recommend to me a great Pediatrician for my 2.5 year old son.  I prefer around LLC, but sometimes the better ones are in Cebu proper.

Also, we don't have medical insurance (just yet).  I know a guy on the boards who is an Insurance Agent.... what's his name so I can inquire.

I just want a check up for my son.  It's been awhile since his last one (in USA around May this year)

He has a cough that won't go away.  Nothing terrible, but I'm worried that he may have a type of infection...???

Help a brother out now, would ya....???

bargeman

Hey Folks,

Please recommend to me a great Pediatrician for my 2.5 year old son.  I prefer around LLC, but sometimes the better ones are in Cebu proper.

Also, we don't have medical insurance (just yet).  I know a guy on the boards who is an Insurance Agent.... what's his name so I can inquire.

I just want a check up for my son.  It's been awhile since his last one (in USA around May this year)

He has a cough that won't go away.  Nothing terrible, but I'm worried that he may have a type of infection...???

Help a brother out now, would ya....???

Dr. Vicky Bael at basement of Chong Hua Medical Arts Center Cebu City. I can recommend with every confidence. Monday to Saturday (but no clinic Wednesday)

Headshot

Again, we take our two-year-old to Dr. Rhodora Diaz. She is the head of Pediatrics at CDUH. Her office is on the second floor of the Diaz Building on Avila Street (just across from CDUH). Her office phone number is 253-4863. She is absolutely great with children, our little girl looks forward to going to her office (even if she has to get a shot). She talks to small children in such a way that they understand what is happening and aren't afraid. It doesn't hurt that she has a lot of great toys in her office to distract children. I recommend her highly.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

Kreole

I had a personal experience with one very good pediatrician.  His name is Dr. Amatong and he attended to a very sick 5 month old baby of a friend of mine.  I have some older phone numbers you can try.  But he works out of several hospitals so he won't be hard to track down.  

landline# 032-253-5963

cp# 0917-628-8062 and 0922-321-1532

ILoveCyrus

Thanks peeps....good info

ILoveCyrus

Ok, so I was referred to a baby Doc at Mactan Docs.

Question: how much out of pocket am I looking at for a regular physical check up for my son?  Give me a ballpark number?

Doctor Bandong was referred to me by a Nurse that I know.

samatm

We have Visited Dr A. Inting  at  Mactan Doctors for 5 years.     He is pretty good.   cost is 350 per visit.    I ask him to prescribe generic meds.    Just walk in. 

ILoveCyrus

We have Visited Dr A. Inting  at  Mactan Doctors for 5 years.     He is pretty good.   cost is 350 per visit.    I ask him to prescribe generic meds.    Just walk in. 

Thanks boss... I am looking for someone who is GREAT with kids....!!!

samatm

Thanks boss... I am looking for someone who is GREAT with kids....!!!

No worries chief.   Good luck.