Aussie visit rejection

austwin

Can a Fillipino get a student visa for say an Aged care course at Tafe?

I currently sponsor a student here... I was told when organising her course that she was not able to just do the aged care course (however thing sometimes change I guess).

So she is doing the 18 month "Enrolled Nurse" course and this will suffice her being able to get work in a aged care facility. After this she can do the aged care course or continue on to "Registered Nurse course".

Because she had been accepted for the enrolled nurse course she was able to come out 9 months earlier to do 9 months in the local accredited English College.

As she was on a student visa she was able to have a tax file number issued and works 20 hrs per week during school semesters and unrestricted hours during designated school semester breaks. She works in McDonalds to supplement her outgoings and to help her daughter in University back in the p i... It's not cheap though $6,500.00-$7000.00 per semester plus health insurance in advance for the term of enrollment plus books, Uniforms, board, keep and travel. If your going to do it have a big heart and a big pocket ..you will need it. Of course call it a loan with a very long defered period of time before you would want to see repayments :snap: thats never).

• Like 1
tokyoman

I currently sponsor a student here... I was told when organising her course that she was not able to just do the aged care course (however thing sometimes change I guess).

So she is doing the 18 month "Enrolled Nurse" course and this will suffice her being able to get work in a aged care facility. After this she can do the aged care course or continue on to "Registered Nurse course".

Because she had been accepted for the enrolled nurse course she was able to come out 9 months earlier to do 9 months in the local accredited English College.

As she was on a student visa she was able to have a tax file number issued and works 20 hrs per week during school semesters and unrestricted hours during designated school semester breaks. She works in McDonalds to supplement her outgoings and to help her daughter in University back in the p i... It's not cheap though $6,500.00-$7000.00 per semester plus health insurance in advance for the term of enrollment plus books, Uniforms, board, keep and travel. If your going to do it have a big heart and a big pocket ..you will need it. Of course call it a loan with a very long defered period of time before you would want to see repayments :snap: thats never).

Well Good on ya Austwin! With that sort of money you could sponsor around 10 students in the PH. I am sure you have your reasons for doing so.

I noticed that for perm. residents in Australia they can do the " aged care course" for FREE if they are on the DOLE.

• 2 weeks later...
forest51

New to Cebu.......it was lodged by my wife here in Oz...

Ozepete

I approached T Abbotts office as my local Fed rep and went thru their immi rep and was told that the application was complete and thorough and there's no way that it shd hv been rejected...that I shd re submit ASAP...which I haven't done as of this time...

I think this is your best hope..Keep chasing Abbott's immi rep and try to nail him to something in writing then re-apply.  Don't appeal, re-apply and with something out of Abbott's office you may well get a different result. 

The present clowns running Oz are only interested in illegal immigrants who buy their way into Oz and stuff the honest people or the genuine refugees stuck in camps for years.

Good luck mate..

• Like 1
tobster

That is so unfair and so typical of our current f??ked up government. I know that if you watch border security program if the are looking for illegal overstaying worker they tend to be Filopinos.......sad for the honest applicants but the truth is our government is run by idiots who are going to really f??k up the country before retiring on a large pension and really dont give a f??k..................

• Like 2
Mckchrls

That sounds really distressing. No wonder you needed to vent. The poor woman.

I was wondering if you have different chances of success by lodging tourist visa applications in Manila versus Australia? Also whether using a migration agent improves your chances?

My view is that, generally Australia has a racist outlook, which impacts on the immigration bureaucracy. Look at the current obsession with 457 visas, refugees, foreign investment etc. when the numbers are compatatively minimal. it seems to be at odds with the fact that around a quarter of the population is born overseas.

From my experience, I think the best bet is to continue to pursue the matter through your local Federal MP.

I hope she is able to visit soon.

newtocebu

That sounds really distressing. No wonder you needed to vent. The poor woman.

I was wondering if you have different chances of success by lodging tourist visa applications in Manila versus Australia? Also whether using a migration agent improves your chances?

My view is that, generally Australia has a racist outlook, which impacts on the immigration bureaucracy. Look at the current obsession with 457 visas, refugees, foreign investment etc. when the numbers are compatatively minimal. it seems to be at odds with the fact that around a quarter of the population is born overseas.

From my experience, I think the best bet is to continue to pursue the matter through your local Federal MP.

I hope she is able to visit soon.

I agree - which is why I asked whether the application was lodged in Australia or in the Philippines.

I would recommend you try lodging an application in the Philippines, and perhaps include something on a letterhead from your local MP ( in addition to the normal supporting documents )