Aussie visit rejection

forest51

Just a winge to let Aussies know how f..d our immi dept is at the moment.

I have been told due to the overload of work caused by processin the boat people, there is a loooong wait for processing and also rejection of what wd hv been accepted in the past, is common...

My wife who has worked and lived in Sydney for 4 years, permanent resident, asked her sister to come for a holiday in Aust. She had had a tragedy in her life, with her partner and father of her 3 kids being murdered.

The appropriate visa application was completed , for the sister, who despite having a full time business of her own , having 3 young 5-10 kids in her care, etc etc...and despite me offering to cover all costs, insurances , place a bond of any amount....it was rejected in 1 day

Now before u start the negatives ..this visa was completed professionally and was complete..

The Indian /Aussie who wrote the rejection email, stated " that although the sister had ties to the community, a business that she run, had 3 kids, etc etc I feel that she is not coming for tourist purposes"

Her opinion??Based on what...all the facts were there...And no questions, no bond request,,,just rejected in 1 day

To appeal wd cost near $2000 and decision cannot b reversed even if appeal committee agree it was a joke...and appeal takes up to 9 months..

I approached T Abbotts office as my local Fed rep and went thru their immi rep and was told that the application was complete and thorough and there's no way that it shd hv been rejected...that I shd re submit ASAP...which I haven't done as of this time...

I realise hat filios have a high % of overstays, but surely immi cannot discriminate against a true honest tourist with links to Aussie citizen????

Ok Thks for reading just wanted to get it off my chest....

Dolsos

Shitty.  Maybe an Aussie whose familiar with the process here can help you out, though from my experience with  US immigration its damn near impossible to get a tourist visa for a pinay or pinoy in working or marrying age.  Hopefully Aussie immigration law is more forgiving.

Edited by Dolsos
USMC-Retired

That is horrible and sad but Filipinos only have their fellow countrymen to blame not your immigration system. If they did not notoriously overstay and misuse visas around the globe and in your country it would be a whole lot easier. However because of this fraud every request is met with skepticism. In the US for CRBA (birth abroad) they required ultra sound photos for a married couple with residence here to prove the wife was actually pregnant. It upsets me also but they did it to themselves and now we pay that price.

• Like 5
newtocebu

Gday Forest,

Was the application lodged in Australia or in the Philippines ?

SkyMan

I have to say I was quite surprised when my aunt put my MIL up for a tourist visa to Oz last year and it was approved.  There's no way that would have flown in the US and maybe Oz is now tightening up on that?

Aussie Dude

I hate the fact that an Indian/ Aussie is knocking visas back , when you fly into Sydney now the immigration is full of them 

• Like 1
ellenbrook2001

I hate the fact that an Indian/ Aussie is knocking visas back , when you fly into Sydney now the immigration is full of them 

oh realy ???????? that the new AUSTRALIA look at the taxi driver where they come from ?????also those smart PHILIPPINA or PINOY did abused the system so say thanks too them.but also my very good friend GILLARD  put the country in a such mess how are we going too go back has normal.

Mattnlenny

Had similar last week mate.

I have brought my wife ( before we were married ) here on tourist visas 3 times, never overstaying or any problem and she is now on her temp partner visa in Australia.  As we are having our first bub next month, thought it would be nice to get my wifes sister over for the birth and a visit.

Rejected "after careful consideration" on the grounds of possibly overstaying, yet I didn't even get the chance to through up a bond.  I was fecking furious, but I know lots of other guys go through issues with their partner to get them over so it's not that bad really.

@ newtocebu - Glad to hear you have got your missus and kid over now mate.  

• Like 1
mikewright

Just a winge to let Aussies know how f..d our immi dept is at the moment.

I've had many similar knock-backs for my wife's relatives over the years, but also many approvals. Could have a lot to do with the large number of people from the Philippines in the 90's who flew into Australia on tourist visas and then lodged refugee visas, which allowed them to stay for several years while their appeals went through the various tribunals and appeals to the Minister.  They were allowed to work while the matter was being decided, and the process was called the $1,000 work visa, which was the amount paid to the migration agent to process the various applications.

One migration agent in my area who received a jail term for the way he handled these refugee visas.

The good news is that when a person applying for a vistor's visa has a right of appeal to the MRT, a very large proportion of those appeals are successful. Trouble is, it's a lot of time and effort and expense to go through the appeal process, and not all applicants have a right of appeal. 

Have never had a knock-back sponsoring a rellie under a student visa, though. I guess they're considered good for the economy.

tokyoman

Have never had a knock-back sponsoring a rellie under a student visa, though. I guess they're considered good for the economy.

Can a Fillipino get a student visa for say an Aged care course at Tafe?

mikewright

Why the hate? Would you prefer a French, German or English/Aussie knocking back visas? Mate, he or she is just as much an Aussie as you or me.

Mind you, I'm petty biased in favour of Indian immigration officials. I once overstayed my visa in the UK, had to leave England to get to the Munich Beerfest, and was worried that I wouldn't be allowed back in because my UK visa had expired many months before. Being refused entry back to the UK would have been extremely inconvenient; I was broke and the UK was the only place in Europe I could work. Went out to Lunar House in Croydon, explained my problem to an immigration official there, thinking I'd be on the next plane home.

The official happened to be of Indian decent. He was very sympathetic, possibly because Australia was being soundly thrashed in cricket by Pakistan at the time. He started asking me about my parents, then grand-parents. Turned out there was some arcane law that said because I had a grand-parent born in the South of Ireland before 1919 I could get patriality in the UK, a visa allowing me to stay indefinitely. He then gave me a temporary visa to give me enough time to get the paperwork necessary to prove patriality, and a few tips on how Australia could improve its cricket team.

Thank you Mr Singh!

Edited by mikewright
  • Like 3
mikewright

Can a Fillipino get a student visa for say an Aged care course at Tafe?

Which State are you looking at? So far all the students we sponsored went to Uni, but we are now looking for an aged care course for a relative whose grades aren't good enough for a Uni course.  Have found an accredited course in Victoria (not TAFE), but not in NSW yet.

Currently in correspondence with a college in NSW which seems to be waiting for accreditation.  Will let you know results.

tokyoman

Which State are you looking at? So far all the students we sponsored went to Uni, but we are now looking for an aged care course for a relative whose grades aren't good enough for a Uni course.  Have found an accredited course in Victoria (not TAFE), but not in NSW yet.

Currently in correspondence with a college in NSW which seems to be waiting for accreditation.  Will let you know results.

In Adelaide, Mike

Ah, I thought there would be hundreds of courses that are accredited...apparently not

Spango58

can sympathize with the OP I have been knocked back on 3 attempts to bring my GF over on a tourist visa, our Department of Immigration are nothing but a dysfunctional organization, everytime we were knocked back they always had a new excuse not to approve the Visa, they are very difficult to work with, different people tell u different things, I have given up trying.

beercans

my gf visa was approved in 7 days in manila for her to come to austarlia for hoilday no trouble at all