Overstay what next

USMC-Retired

I debated for a period of time if I should or should not post this. I searched the web for information on this topic and found very little to none. So here it is and hope it helps someone out. I will give you background info in May 2010 I was married and renewed tourist visa for 60 days. I applied for 13a and was denied because of a typographical error that must be corrected. This error prevented the wife from obtaining a passport or she would falsify it to obtain one. So obtaining a BB stamp was not possible. Fast Forward to last month.

I had never recieved another stamp since May 2010. Yes a 36 month Overstay. The process to correct this is painless and very easy to do. At the time of my May 2010 stamp I was at 16 months and requried I fly out. So during my Overstay I would have made 3 flights out of the country and back in. However I did not and only one with my wife to Singapore this month.

I was requried to have a letter for why I overstayed and ticket to leave the country. I presented that to the Alien Control Officer and he reviewed it and stamped it. All good so far and thinking are they going to throw me in jail. NEVER HAPPENED. Head off to window 1 recieving few funny looks and laughs they took the passport. 2 hours passed and I was called to the next window. They showed me the amount 68,000 pesos and asked if I was going to pay today or later. I paid in full that day. I was stamped legal and off to enjoy Singapore. They were very easy and professional to deal with. Be honest respectful and they are exactly the same.

Side note there was a guy there American and he was a 78 month Overstay and was not in BOI jail though he spent the night sleeping there to leave in the morning waiting for the American Embassy to act.

So for the overstayers:

If you are not a criminal or trouble maker you are not likely to be blacklisted. If you come in on your own to settle what you owe they frown on it but do understand life happens. In reality it was much easier then I thought.

Edited by USMC-Retired
  • Like 7
TorJay

There's a burden now off your back.

USMC-Retired

3 days following the wife recieving her passport we were in there. It would have been sooner but a holiday in the middle.

smokey

I debated for a period of time if I should or should not post this. I searched the web for information on this topic and found very little to none. So here it is and hope it helps someone out. I will give you background info in May 2010 I was married and renewed tourist visa for 60 days. I applied for 13a and was denied because of a typographical error that must be corrected. This error prevented the wife from obtaining a passport or she would falsify it to obtain one. So obtaining a BB stamp was not possible. Fast Forward to last month.

I had never recieved another stamp since May 2010. Yes a 36 month Overstay. The process to correct this is painless and very easy to do. At the time of my May 2010 stamp I was at 16 months and requried I fly out. So during my Overstay I would have made 3 flights out of the country and back in. However I did not and only one with my wife to Singapore this month.

I was requried to have a letter for why I overstayed and ticket to leave the country. I presented that to the Alien Control Officer and he reviewed it and stamped it. All good so far and thinking are they going to throw me in jail. NEVER HAPPENED. Head off to window 1 recieving few funny looks and laughs they took the passport. 2 hours passed and I was called to the next window. They showed me the amount 68,000 pesos and asked if I was going to pay today or later. I paid in full that day. I was stamped legal and off to enjoy Singapore. They were very easy and professional to deal with. Be honest respectful and they are exactly the same.

Side note there was a guy there American and he was a 78 month Overstay and was not in BOI jail though he spent the night sleeping there to leave in the morning waiting for the American Embassy to act.

So for the overstayers:

If you are not a criminal or trouble maker you are not likely to be blacklisted. If you come in on your own to settle what you owe they frown on it but do understand life happens. In reality it was much easier then I thought.

Tim when we went there the first time with you the guy who fixed your visa asked mimie if she wanted you arrested assuming you were with her she explained you were a nice guy and your family thing and he offered to help , The guy that helped you is a family friend so dont use his name as he might not be able to do the same for others ... 

Edited by Headshot
Removed duplicate post
  • Like 1
BlueFin

The couple guys I know who have overstayed a long while have the same experience.

As long as you can pay up there's no problem (this was in Luzon not Cebu)

Edited by BlueFin
SkyMan

Tim when we went there the first time with you the guy who fixed your visa asked mimie if she wanted you arrested assuming you were with her she explained you were a nice guy and your family thing and he offered to help , The guy that helped you is a family friend so dont use his name as he might not be able to do the same for others ... 

Smokey, would it be possible to just reply and not quote every long post you reply to?  And worse yet, quote it twice every time?

Tim, good info there.  It works out to about p3777/extension and that doesn't even include visa runs and BI trips.  That's a significant savings over pay as you go.  Great deal for you but it sure seems like they're encouraging long over stays.

• Like 1

I heard some people in Bohol say that overstaying wasn't that much hassle.

Cause they had good contacts with some immigration office workers.
Mostly came down to 10K under the table and regardless of your overstay time you would get stamped like you just entered the country today.

not sure how much of it is bullshit

USMC-Retired

Smokey the people you introduced me to are very nice. My charges reflect not having discrectionary fees to my overstay. Those fees are a 5,000 per year overstay and motion for reconsideration at 9,000 pesos. That was a 24,000 peso reduction in my case. I had done prior to worse case it was right at 92,000 and best case 68,000. I do feel if someone has a compelling enough reason (aka writeup) and attitude may get similar consideration.

They asked about the kids, the wife and everone's health. Additional asked about my typo on marriage certificate. So yes I was more at ease with your contacts and it sure helped but there was a genuine concern. This is something anyone will get. Good people are just that and BI has a few. I am so thankful to Smokey and family it took the sting out of going there and made it more comfortable.

I did not want a fixer or under the table deals. I have an official reciept and official stamps. Robert did not lead me to those people but to a legal solution within the scope of the law.

Yes I probally made out for being stuck on a tourist visa yet not what I reccomend As Smokey said Jail was one complaint away then blacklist and bye-bye.

• Like 1
smokey

Smokey, would it be possible to just reply and not quote every long post you reply to?  And worse yet, quote it twice every time?

Tim, good info there.  It works out to about p3777/extension and that doesn't even include visa runs and BI trips.  That's a significant savings over pay as you go.  Great deal for you but it sure seems like they're encouraging long over stays.

i dont do it twice it just happens...

panther

what happens if you can,t pay the overstay fees for lets say 3 years ?

BossHog

what happens if you can,t pay the overstay fees for lets say 3 years ?

Then you should probably not go to the immigration office.

• Like 3
SkyMan

i dont do it twice it just happens...

My point is there's no need to do it once.
USMC-Retired

That is kind of interesting I talked to that American and to the Alien Control Officer about him. He was more then 3 years but destitute none the less. They notified the American Embassy for assistance. He had no where to live or sleep so he slept at BI jail. He was free to roam around during the day. He came in and wanted to go back and wanted to be deported. Well not like the US where they feed you and AC bus ride across the border. BI felt sorry for this guy and there he was waiting on the Embassy. What he does for food and money I did not ask.

shadow

That is kind of interesting I talked to that American and to the Alien Control Officer about him. He was more then 3 years but destitute none the less. They notified the American Embassy for assistance. He had no where to live or sleep so he slept at BI jail. He was free to roam around during the day. He came in and wanted to go back and wanted to be deported. Well not like the US where they feed you and AC bus ride across the border. BI felt sorry for this guy and there he was waiting on the Embassy. What he does for food and money I did not ask.

The US embassy may loan him a plane ride home, but they will not pay his overdue BI fees. I assume the BI has a hold departure order on him and/or has his passport, so he is pretty much stuck here until he can pay the fees.