Sign in to follow this  
Headshot

Dentist / Oral Surgeon / Dentures

Goetz1965

I personally can recommend Dr. Nathalie Pflugfelder Durano at Bright Smiles Dental Clinic at 1 One Square.

Being german its always helpfull that she worked in germany for some years and speaks german too.

She takes her time and cares for her patients - I would recommend her if you are afraid of dentists or have a child that needs special care.

She explains what she is doing so especially philippinos "learn" a bit about tooth care :-)

poby

In these days of rampant litigation, I will be circumspect and not specifically name him but a certain dentist in the near vicinity of Bo's coffee, between fuente and capital, recently cost me a tooth (and a bunch of pesos!).  I needed a fairly routine root canal done on an upper molar.  But 2 weeks subsequent, continuing pain caused me to seek out a 2nd opinion.  Turns out my erstwhile dentist had perforated a root which resulted in an abscess and no choice but to have the tooth extracted.  My new Dentist told me that xrays before and during a root canal procedure are essential to avoid exactly this problem occurring.  No xrays were done at all during the original procedure.  The only xray he had to work from was 5 years old as he didn't have onsite xray equipment.

Not only did he perforate the root, but on subsequent examinations, he either failed to notice it was the cause of my continuing pain or he noticed and simply didn't want to tell me and admit he had fecked up.  My new dentist told me that if the root hadn't been perforated the root canal would almost certainly have been a success and the tooth saved.

Beware!

• Like 1

RogerDuMond

Anyone wanting to be sure that they don't get this dentist can PM poby for further information.

az09

Sue him! Oh, wait...

aussiekangaroo

Can you recommend a good dentist? I need my teeth cleaned and a checkup as having some pain.

JohnSurrey

My new dentist

Hmmm - who is the new dentist - he/she sounds ok ?

I haven't been to a dentist for about 5 years now - that's a lie - I went once, just after I arrived, for small filling on a front tooth here - it was ok - but I kind of got the feeling that she didn't bother to wash the drill between patients...

ex231

I'm sure there are good dentists in the PI. But I never found one.

RAAAY

In these days of rampant litigation, I will be circumspect and not specifically name him but a certain dentist in the near vicinity of Bo's coffee, between fuente and capital, recently cost me a tooth (and a bunch of pesos!).  I needed a fairly routine root canal done on an upper molar.  But 2 weeks subsequent, continuing pain caused me to seek out a 2nd opinion.  Turns out my erstwhile dentist had perforated a root which resulted in an abscess and no choice but to have the tooth extracted.  My new Dentist told me that xrays before and during a root canal procedure are essential to avoid exactly this problem occurring.  No xrays were done at all during the original procedure.  The only xray he had to work from was 5 years old as he didn't have onsite xray equipment.

Not only did he perforate the root, but on subsequent examinations, he either failed to notice it was the cause of my continuing pain or he noticed and simply didn't want to tell me and admit he had fecked up.  My new dentist told me that if the root hadn't been perforated the root canal would almost certainly have been a success and the tooth saved.

Beware!

Sounds like the ' new dentist" told you everything you want to hear.............

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........

delancey

My dentist in Cebu is trained in Japan and U.S. and extremely gentle and she has done superlative work, and I don't remember much better in the U.S. where my dental school is literally ranked world class.

I don't want to hype or even publicly plug her but we have some good health care providers here.

I don't think most people appreciate how bad a dentist can destroy your life, no exaggeration. I feel for the OP.

USMC-Retired

I had a crown put on which came loose and then infectected. They placed the post at an angle instead of vertical. Thus the crown could not be removed without destroying it. Picking a good dentist is vital.

az09

In these days of rampant litigation, I will be circumspect and not specifically name him

I don't really get it, what do you think could happen by stating his name?

ckfm

Personal friend of a sensitive mod or why no name?

samatm

in the same Fuente area near and around the McDoos well nearly on top of the McDoos,  is a very fine dentist of excellent repute.  look for Ramon Sucalit.    I have had Root canals and Crowns done by  Doc Sucalit.    His office looks a bit 90ish...but he does have Xray on hand.. a good  autoclave  and a ton of experience.   Fair prices too.    

Edited by samatm
  • Like 2

Lee

in the same Fuente area near and around the McDoos well nearly on top of the McDoos,  is a very fine dentist of excellent repute.  look for Ramon Sucalit.    I have had Root canals and Crowns done by  Doc Sucalit.    His office looks a bit 90ish...but he does have Xray on hand.. a good  autoclave  and a ton of experience.   Fair prices too.    

I am glad you are happy with Ramon, I believe that I had recommended Ramon years ago, possibly to Poby and if I remember correctly someone, possibly Poby, was not happy with him, my wife and I and friends and their wives use Ramon and his wife for all our dental care and we all are very happy with him. Years ago Ramon put on 4 caps for me and a bridge for my wife and we are both still happy with the work to this day, but no one can please everyone, so like everything else in the Philippines, it is up to the individual. 

• Like 6

delancey

I am glad you are happy with Ramon, I believe that I had recommended Ramon years ago, possibly to Poby and if I remember correctly someone, possibly Poby, was not happy with him, my wife and I and friends and their wives use Ramon and his wife for all our dental care and we all are very happy with him. Years ago Ramon put on 4 caps for me and a bridge for my wife and we are both still happy with the work to this day, but no one can please everyone, so like everything else in the Philippines, it is up to the individual.

I would suggest this be read before using him:

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/21407-dr-ramon-sucalit-general-dentistry/page-5