Sign in to follow this  
Headshot

Dentist / Oral Surgeon / Dentures

samatm

I had two appointments with Dr.Sucalit,all went well.My only concern is that I don't think he has an autoclav.Maybe only washes dental equipment with soap and water.

I believe he does.  I asked about that specifically the first time I went there 4 yrs ago. 

hyaku

I had two appointments with Dr.Sucalit,all went well.My only concern is that I don't think he has an autoclav.Maybe only washes dental equipment with soap and water.

My 5th last Saturday. No complaints from me. I am used to nearly 40 years of dental treatment in Japan. Got my mouth pulled and tugged around much more. What I do miss is paying ¥150 (64 pesos) for treatment.

NHANORAK

The other thing with Dr Sucalits work, is that all three dentists that have looked at his work have criticised it. All say the bottom bridge is poor fitting. That may be a typical dentist thing criticising the last persons work, I don't know. 

Also my current dentist has noticed when you look at the top bridge at certain angle, they is a sort of dark line along the length of it. He's worried this may be a flaw in the crown and could fracture if too much pressure is put on it. Ten months now though and its OK. I'll post again should the bridge fail. 

NHANORAK

Hi Dalis, now you tell me about Dr Sulit. I really should have followed suit and left!

Don't know if you've seen the facebook page for Dentaland and if the number quoted is the same as the one you're trying. You could try messaging them through facebook if you have an account. The pictures shown are representative of the cleanliness my wife and I found there.

Green Apple was the only other dentist we saw there.

https://www.facebook.com/DentaLand.inc

davpag1

Asmeret Pulvera. Bright Smiles. Mango 1, Mango Avenue. Have used her for years. Never problem my teeth since. Excellent and highly recommended.

http://www.dentalclinic-cebu.com

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

billy

If you’re in Cebu City and you need dental work done, I have a great recommendation for you. I recently had some work done at Bite Solutions, a small dental office on Juana Osmena between Baseline and Maria Cristina.[/size]

SANY0446.JPG

It’s a one-dentist office, Dr. Iris Rose Redulla-Salupan. Her work is outstanding and her prices are very, very reasonable (incredibly so, by American standards). I had five fillings done (two new ones and three replacements of old fillings) for 500 pesos each. I also got two crowns at 6000 pesos each.[/size]But much as I enjoy saving money, I’m of the opinion that low prices are meaningless if the work is inferior. Dr. Salupan’s work is excellent, her office professional, and her equipment very much up-to-date. [/size]And there was no pain. In addition, she is an extremely nice person and takes the time to get to know what her patient wants, even spending time just chatting (her English is excellent).[/size]My visits to her office were the most pleasant dental experience I’ve ever had. OK, so ‘pleasant dental experiences’ is not a category with a lot of competition. Still, this was as close as visits to a dentist can get to being a nice way to spend an afternoon.[/size]Before going to Dr. Salupan, I had visited DentaLand, in Ayala Mall. They cleaned my teeth and did an exam for a reasonable price (900 pesos), but then recommended several fillings – at 1500 pesos each.[/size]That price was still very low by US standards, but I knew it was absurd for Cebu, thanks to what I had read here. I really resent being taken advantage of because I am a foreigner, so I thanked them for the cleaning and left. I cannot recommend DentaLand.[/size]More detail on the office location: Coming from Mango/Maxilom Avenue, after you pass Baseline, the building next to it contains a beauty salon. Next to the beauty salon is Bite Solutions. If coming in the other direction, from Escario, on the corner of Maria Cristina is a pension, next to it is a residence, and then Bite Solutions. Should be no problem finding it.[/size]

Its been a long time since i went to a dentist and felt this good. I took my girl friend there and she had three fillings and an xray. Came to 2000 pesos. She was very caring made sure no pain and price was very fair. Thanks for the refferal. Also i have a new dentist.

Enuff

Catan Dental - Mandaue (near Texas Rex)

I had set up 3 appts in advance to get deep scaling done. Cost was p2500 per quadrant total p10k. 1st visit 9am Monday morning, I arrive at 830am, they open at 9am. Door was open I walked in. Sat down and was in the chair by 845am. Upon inspection dentist says "sir who said you need deep scaling? " I only wanted cause I never had. She said you don't need. Teeth are fine, gums are good but don't brush too hard, use extra soft bristles. She did perform a cleaning going down just below gum line but no anesthesia required. The dental office looked just as new and clean with the same equipment my usa dentist has. Walked out 1 hr later p1500.

Mother in town also getting 2 porcelain veneers p22k for both. Appt was 9am Tuesday, arrived 830am, in the chair by 845am. Gave her local anesthesia and away they went. Grinding away she walks out at 10am with 2 beautiful temporaries. Next appt is Saturday. No money paid yet.

2 dentist and 1 asst and they are absolutely beautiful, friendly, personable and thorough. I have a new dentist.

Unit 1B
JaB Commerial Center
A S Fortuna, Banilad 6012
Mandaue City

If standing In front of Texas Rex BBQ they are across the street and 15 meters to the left, 2nd flooruploadfromtaptalk1409685437423.jpg

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2

Scruffydog

I had set up 3 appts in advance to get deep scaling done. Cost was p2500 per quadrant total p10k. 1st visit 9am Monday morning, I arrive at 830am, they open at 9am. Door was open I walked in. Sat down and was in the chair by 845am. Upon inspection dentist says "sir who said you need deep scaling? " I only wanted cause I never had. She said you don't need. Teeth are fine, gums are good but don't brush too hard, use extra soft bristles. She did perform a cleaning going down just below gum line but no anesthesia required. The dental office looked just as new and clean with the same equipment my usa dentist has. Walked out 1 hr later p1500.

Mother in town also getting 2 porcelain veneers p22k for both. Appt was 9am Tuesday, arrived 830am, in the chair by 845am. Gave her local anesthesia and away they went. Grinding away she walks out at 10am with 2 beautiful temporaries. Next appt is Saturday. No money paid yet.

2 dentist and 1 asst and they are absolutely beautiful, friendly, personable and thorough. I have a new dentist.

Unit 1B

JaB Commerial Center

A S Fortuna, Banilad 6012

Mandaue City

If standing In front of Texas Rex BBQ they are across the street and 15 meters to the left, 2nd floorattachicon.gifIMG_154341330446533.jpeg

I wonder if they do bridges and crowns

Enuff

I found them from linc. Friended them on Facebook. They reply in good time and will also quote prices. I never saw another patient in there. They might be more pesos but not waiting and not being rushed in and out was priceless.

Edited by bigmook

to_dave007

Thanks for this. May Canadian dentist just retired, and I don't feel like looking for a new dentist here. Already decided to get all remaining dental work done in PI, and am often in Mandaue when I come into city, and stay on As Fortuna near Banilad. This looks like good choice for me.

Edited by to_dave007

Rocketman

I may have been the post you referred to.  I've used this dentist for 3 years now.  She has always been good, very reasonably priced and I've never had to wait for my appointment.

Edited by Rocketman
  • Like 1

Enuff

My mother also accompanied me on this trip. Upon doing her research she found that Cebu offered quality dentistry at wholesale prices. She also visited Catan Dental and got 2 porcelain veneers for p22k total. In USA would have easily been p120k +. She was extremely satisfied with their work and the results. Again she had 3 visits total in 6 days and never waited a single minute.

Enuff

I may have been the post you referred to. I've used this dentist for 3 years now. She has always been good, very reasonably priced and I've never had to wait for my appointment.

Thank you

Scruffydog

Thanks to all for this thread and the recommendations. Invaluable for a new guy heading out today for a checkup

Dental care in the us has almost become unaffordable with a crown running close to 1000 US now

Thanks again