Sign in to follow this  
Headshot

OB/GYN

Headshot

Since Skyman started a topic on house painters, it reminded me that I wanted to start topics on many subjects for services that that are often passed on word-of-mouth. In other words, if you don't have contacts, you don't find the person or company that provides the service. I will start these threads on as many types of services as I can. Note: I consider any specialty as a service, so you will see painters, plumbers, carpenters, masons, electricians, lawyers, medical specialties, dental specialties, diesel mechanics, gasoline engine mechanics, LPG engine mechanics and conversion, brake repair, auto body and paint, auto electric systems, etc. Also, if you think of other specialties that I miss, let me know, and I will add a topic. I will pin all of these topics, so they stick around over time.

So...if you know of a OBSTETRICIAN/GYNECOLOGIST that you would recommend, please put the doctor's name, whatever contact information you have, where he or she is located (town or city and address of his or her office(s)), what hospitals he or she is affiliated and why you would recommend this doctor over others. Also, if you know details (like other specialties, years in practice, patient interactions), I'm sure that would be helpful to a lot of other members.

• Like 1

LRK

My wife goes to

Joyce C. Orge.   OB&GYN
She in Borromeo building (in the back of Cebu Doc, osmena boulevard) 

Gov. Roa St.    Room 204

Mon-wed 3pm to 6pm

tue-thu    1pm to 5pm

Sat By appointment

032-2661807

She helped with the delivery of our first child, consultancy is around 250 I guess. Doesn't rush, speaks good english and is overal a nice clean looking doctor.
Gives prescriptions for birthcontrol and openly talks about it (had some troubles before trying to get a prescription because of some bitch ass 'pro-life' Doc in mactandoctors, his other customers noticed i guess when i walked out there damning him to hell in dutch)

Edited by Headshot
adjusted font size
  • Like 1

samatm

never needed a perscription to buy the pill  however i once was asked for a perscription to buy asprin.  go figure.    Note ...don't vist ob gynies that have huge Stutues to the Virgin Mary on their desk  if you want  contraceptive info and perscriptions.   Also a clue is the    " NO to RH Bill"   sticker on the door. 

In Ormoc  see Dra  CAM  across from bus station.    Very cool lady.    Very smart and caring.

Edited by samatm

LRK

never needed a perscription to buy the pill  however i once was asked for a perscription to buy asprin.  go figure.    Note ...don't vist ob gynies that have huge Stutues to the Virgin Mary on their desk  if you want  contraceptive info and perscriptions.   Also a clue is the    " NO to RH Bill"   sticker on the door. 

In Ormoc  see Dra  CAM  across from bus station.    Very cool lady.    Very smart and caring.

This was way before the whole RH bill scare.. Actually it wasn't pills but contraceptive shots (who have to be administered by a doctor)

Anyway, no religious figurines on Orge's desk. Just some medical crap and a Padi-sticker

ed villas

has anyone considered or used

rxpinoy.com or flilipinodoctor.com

even the us embassy has a listing of medical doctors.

(sorry but i dont have the time to find and post that link)