Sign in to follow this  
Headshot

Lawyer

Headshot

Since Skyman started a topic on house painters, it reminded me that I wanted to start topics on many subjects for services that that are often passed on word-of-mouth. In other words, if you don't have contacts, you don't find the person or company that provides the service. I will start these threads on as many types of services as I can. Note: I consider any specialty as a service, so you will see painters, plumbers, carpenters, masons, electricians, lawyers, medical specialties, dental specialties, diesel mechanics, gasoline engine mechanics, LPG engine mechanics and conversion, brake repair, auto body and paint, auto electric systems, etc. Also, if you think of other specialties that I miss, let me know, and I will add a topic. I will pin all of these topics, so they stick around over time.

So...if you know of a LAWYER that you would recommend, please put the lawyer's name, whatever contact information you have, where he is located (town or city and office address), and why you would recommend this lawyer over others. Also, if you know details or his or her work (criminal law, civil cases, real estate, wills and trusts, family law, etc.), I'm sure that would be helpful to a lot of other members.

• Like 2

Headshot

My lawyer is Atty. Vicente Roco. He has always done a good job for me. I know several others in the forums who have used his services as well. His office is on the third floor above a bank, and the building has no elevator, but if you can make it up a couple of flights of stairs, it is worth it. To get to his office, go over the old bridge to Mactan, and turn left toward Island Mall. His office is in a bank building on the right side just past all of the guitar shops (it's right across the street from a Cebu Home Builders store). There is some parking in the front of the building. Vicente's cell phone number is either 0933 352 6911, 0935 376 0540 or 0916 475 1483. I don't remember which is current. Anyway, I would recommend Vicente to anyone, and have several times on LinC Forums.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 3

LRK

Thanks Headshot,

Last question, What did you use him regarding for? Just to see if he has relevance for the work i will need him to perform..

Oasis Monarch

My lawyer is Atty. Vicente Roco. He has always done a good job for me. I know several others in the forums who have used his services as well. His office is on the third floor above a bank, and the building has no elevator, but if you can make it up a couple of flights of stairs, it is worth it. To get to his office, go over the old bridge to Mactan, and turn left toward Island Mall. His office is in a bank building on the right side just past all of the guitar shops (it's right across the street from a Cebu Home Builders store). There is some parking in the front of the building. Vicente's cell phone number is either 0933 352 6911, 0935 376 0540 or 0916 475 1483. I don't remember which is current. Anyway, I would recommend Vicente to anyone, and have several times on LinC Forums.

Atty. Roco seems to have good credentials; the only problem is the distance to Mactan. Are there any other recommendations for an attorney in Cebu City?; preferably in the vicinity of Mabolo/SM City/Ayala Centre/Osmena Blvd? I need someone who can notarise documents. Thanks.  

Oasis Monarch

I found an attorney on M.J. Cuenco Ave. near Mabolo Church via google search. They answered my call promptly. 

When I asked about charges for notarisation, the person asked me for the nature of the letter, the recipient, number of pages etc. before quoting me PHP 300 for a 1-page letter.

They agreed to my request to email the draft Affidavit to their office for vetting, and to print it once it is finalised.

So far everything seems professional and efficient....... will post the details of the attorney once I have more experience dealing with him.

Cheers

ancienrocka

Roco, Roco Roco - [email protected]

We have used him personally for the past 7 years and have put many of our clients his way, He is honest, professional and FUN.

He has put a house in his name for a client and held on to a car for another client to keep it out of the hands of the wife/girlfriend. Both were returned to the rightful owner with no problem.

Another Attorney that we use a lot is Atty Yvonne Rivera - [email protected] - young, honest and with integrity.

Neither charges the "white man tax".

• Like 4

Cebu-Viking

Atty Raul C. Padilla

Senior Partner

Steplaw Cebu

Tel No 4124878 Fax 253-0843

Email [email protected]

Room 209 Dona Luisa Bldg, Fuente Osmena Circle, alley next to KFC,

almost true the alley,last stairs on right side with Guard. 2 floors up.

No BS, straight talk right to the point, Attorney.

Used him when I should rent unit from a Filipina, who later showed to be sister of owner.

When we arrived at Atty's office and he checked her Documents:

* ownership was still not transferred.

* owner of building was already dead and new owner needed to sign transfer request.

* and she didn't have power of attorney since unit was supposedly owned by her sister who was overseas.

I only asked attorney 1 question: Sir would you had leased this unit? Reply: NO.

20 minute of his time this day = Fee to Attorney was 0 peso.

He asked 1000 peso to notarize a normal Lease. 

I will return to this Attorney for sure.

Attorney Fee: quoted 500 - 1000 - 1500 from different Attorneys in same building.

Edited by Cebu-Viking

Paul

So...if you know of a LAWYER that you would recommend, please put the lawyer's name, whatever contact information you have, where he is located (town or city and office address), and why you would recommend this lawyer over others. Also, if you know details or his or her work (criminal law, civil cases, real estate, wills and trusts, family law, etc.), I'm sure that would be helpful to a lot of other members.

People, this is NOT an interactive topic to be discussed. If you wish to start a new topic to discuss it, that is fine. This topic is solely for the listing of resources. 

I will split the posts from this topic into a topic of its own, as soon as I get some things sorted here. If another staff member sees this, please feel free to do it, if you have time before I do.

Headshot

Thanks Headshot,

Last question, What did you use him regarding for? Just to see if he has relevance for the work i will need him to perform..

We have used Attorney Roco mainly for real estate transactions, but I have also used him for notary services and to get sound legal advice on other matters as well. He has always done a good job for us.

Edited by Headshot

NHANORAK

When we needed a power of attorney we used Attorney Rico V. Tautho who I had seen mentioned in another thread on this forum. He also dealt with our condo sale and we have found him to be knowledgeable, reliable, honest and more competitively priced than other attorneys we tried. We would definitely use him again if the need arises. Phone 032 254 0451 Mobile 0920 914 5913 [email protected]   2nd Floor, Snow Sheen Building, Osmenia Blvd, capitol site, Cebu 6000.

• Like 1

Rachelnkev

Does anyone know of a good Real Estate/ Land title/deed lawyer's in iloilo city that they recommend.
I had one that just gave us our file today after we had obtained him regarding a lost land deed and we are having some extortion type issues from the so called broker from HillTop land service's Guimaras and we believe he may be holding the title as they are requesting an extra 50k on top of what was paid and the commission was supposed to come from the profit of the sellers. I believe it's a good ole boy system as he apparently knows someone high in local government people because our attorney was somewhat high profile as he was sent to Negros to help in the VP recount and was recommended by a chairman of DAR but cancelled representing us today.
Additionally is there any type of recommendation or referral service from the American Embassy on matters like this ? As for some unknown reason they mentioned concerns of me reporting them to the Embassy.

Edited by Headshot
Removed duplicate text

AndyW

Can anyone recommend a good A1 Visa immigration lawyer based in Cebu city - destination UK.

Many thanks

Andy 

fred42

My Mrs deals with one lawyer and he did good work for us for years..I recommended him to a friend to write out a 25 yr lease...The friend has a long white nose and the lawyer wanted 140K..

Why do I feel embarrassed?

Never again!!

Edited by fred42

AB2000

The wife and I know 3 attorneys in the Tacloban area that we could recommend. PM me if you would like their contact info.