Sign in to follow this  
Headshot

House Painter

Headshot

Since Skyman started a topic on house painters, it reminded me that I wanted to start topics on many subjects for services that that are often passed on word-of-mouth. In other words, if you don't have contacts, you don't find the person or company that provides the service. I will start these threads on as many types of services as I can. Note: I consider any specialty as a service, so you will see painters, plumbers, carpenters, masons, electricians, lawyers, medical specialties, dental specialties, diesel mechanics, gasoline engine mechanics, LPG engine mechanics and conversion, brake repair, auto body and paint, auto electric systems, etc. Also, if you think of other specialties that I miss, let me know, and I will add a topic. I will pin all of these topics, so they stick around over time.

So...if you know of a HOUSE PAINTER that you would recommend, please put his name (or the name of his company), whatever contact information you have, where he is located (town or city), and why you would recommend him. Also, if you know details or his work (like brand and type of paint used and how long it has lasted), I'm sure that would be helpful to a lot of other members.

NHANORAK

I would recommend Ting Ting 0933 2687061.

This thread partly refers to the painting of our condo in Jan 2014. http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/67754-day-rate-or-job-rate-painters/

He has been a house painter for 20 years and has his own equipment. He is a family friend, but I only knew him to say hello, until he worked for us. During the job I always found him to be trustworthy, hard working, good at his job and happy to help.

This recommendation is for him and not other people he employs. So if you have a job that calls for a solo pinter, I would recomend him.

He prefers to use Boysen paint, but will use any supplied. He will quote for a job (see the thread) or work on a day rate. As he lives in Danao, any work in Cebu city has a small premium to cover his extra travelling costs. We paid him 450PHP daily and provided snacks, while he provided his own lunch from within the rate.

smokey

Since Skyman started a topic on house painters, it reminded me that I wanted to start topics on many subjects for services that that are often passed on word-of-mouth. In other words, if you don't have contacts, you don't find the person or company that provides the service. I will start these threads on as many types of services as I can. Note: I consider any specialty as a service, so you will see painters, plumbers, carpenters, masons, electricians, lawyers, medical specialties, dental specialties, diesel mechanics, gasoline engine mechanics, LPG engine mechanics and conversion, brake repair, auto body and paint, auto electric systems, etc. Also, if you think of other specialties that I miss, let me know, and I will add a topic. I will pin all of these topics, so they stick around over time.

So...if you know of a HOUSE PAINTER that you would recommend, please put his name (or the name of his company), whatever contact information you have, where he is located (town or city), and why you would recommend him. Also, if you know details or his work (like brand and type of paint used and how long it has lasted), I'm sure that would be helpful to a lot of other members.

we are painting our house and this time its primer,,, versetex,,, two coats of good quality paint of  course some parts of the house are harder to paint then others 

Headshot

Are you guys using professional painters, and if so, could you recommend them and give their contact details? That is what this topic is about...recommending painters so that the good ones can get more work, and so members get a good paint job done.

• Like 1

Paul

Nothing personal here, guys. But, if you are unable to post the contact information for the person or persons providing the service in question, it doesn't help those who are seeking said information just to view your homes or your homes being painted. So, let's stay on topic here. 

I will give Ian a chance to see this, and post said information, before I just delete his post. I will delete all posts not necessary for this topic. Bill, if you take a look sometime tomorrow, say afternoon, and Ian hasn't posted again, and I haven't visited it, just delete all posts not applicable for this topic, please?

• Like 1

smokey

some painters are great inside and others need to know how to erect bamboo two way different types of painters 

Davaoeno

This topic is about finding someone to paint your house. I have been thru that process about 8-9 times.  What is important for people to realize is that there are many things to consider when hiring someone to paint your house.  A guy who might be ok at doing a simple one story job might also be absolutely the wrong person for you to hire to paint a multi-story job [ such as the one in the picture].  Many people here are not familiar with how such houses are often painted here- so I posted a picture demonstrating the technique.    Of course if you have such a house you have to find someone who is not only skilled at slapping paint on but who is also capable of reaching all the spots you want painted.   And finding the right person is very important, not only to ensure a good job, but also to avoid you getting sued when the workers [ who dont know what they are doing] fall off of the scaffolding. Just remember here they dont wear hardhats, dont use any safety harnesses, and in my case worked in only slippers]flip flops]

And since this forum is mostly Cebu based but not exclusively and since i live in Davao i did not post the phone number of my painter [ besides people here change their phone numbers like i change my toothbrush- and thats even businesses and professionals and the government ] But if someone was really interested i could track him down

Paul -  i have not posted the information that you want -sorry 

Edited by Davaoeno

Headshot

Ian, you raise some good points on painters. However, this topic (and the other topics in the "where to find" forums) are here to help people avoid having to go through the grapevine to find good service providers. Even though you live in Davao, so do a lot of our other members as well, so names and contact info would be appreciated...that is...unless you weren't satisfied with their work. The same goes for you, Smokey. When your paint job is finished, let us know who the painter is...provided he does a good job.

NOSOCALPINOY

Well, in our neck of the woods, you have to pry out the information from our neighbors who they use as their building contractors, laborers, skilled craftsmen and or reputable painters etc! If you are in their good graces, they will gladly provide the information, because most are possessive of their hired help and don't like to share, unless you are their good friend and or neighbor!  

smokey

here is the best all around contractor i have giving his name  out to do some condo work for chris  Henry hadcan he does it all from tile to paint i dont like to give him out because then when i need him he is busy..0905 831 3933   

Edited by smokey
  • Like 2

Headshot

Well, in our neck of the woods, you have to pry out the information from our neighbors who they use as their building contractors, laborers, skilled craftsmen and or reputable painters etc! If you are in their good graces, they will gladly provide the information, because most are possessive of their hired help and don't like to share, unless you are their good friend and or neighbor!  

Thank you. I couldn't have said it better. That is exactly why we started the "where to find" forums. Most of us don't come here with a ready-made grapevine to find people who are good at what they do. Truthfully, for many LinC members, other members are the only grapevine they have. Even though I understand the reluctance to give out the names of people that you may need again in the future, if others do the same, then we all benefit from the resource we create.

• Like 1