Where and how did you meet your Filipina GF or Wife?

• Admin (Retired)
broden

granted i couldn't of started my life with my wife when we first got to know each other.. but i wish we had married much sooner than we did

• Like 1
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ThomsonJr

• ellenbrook2001

• Brucewayne

• BossHog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many moons ago (I was only thirty!)  I was having a cold afternoon beer at a table in front of a sari-sari store here on Siargao.   She stopped in to buy some cooking oil and we started chatting.  

Met my wife online in 2002. We were only going to be good friends. In 2004 I came and met my good friend; later that year we got married. Been married to the love of my life for 8 and a half years. Sh

Cherry Blossom's had a website that had dating interviews...   In 2005, I signed up for this program...included air fare, hotel stay...and you could interview as many girls as you like...I met over

Posted Images

ThomsonJr

Many moons ago (I was only thirty!)  I was having a cold afternoon beer at a table in front of a sari-sari store here on Siargao.

She stopped in to buy some cooking oil and we started chatting.

Invited her to a Valentine's Day dinner party later that evening during which we decided to get married which we finally did three years later after running a beach resort together and making enough money to start a family.

Still here, still going strong, and still crazy after all these years.

Nice! So you already lived in Siargao as a single man before you met her? 

Edited by ThomsonJr
BossHog

Nice! So you already lived in Siargao as a single man before you met her?

Yep. I was just planning to chill out here for a few months at the end of a gruelling solo year-long backpacking trip through Asia when we met.

Found the island randomly on the suggestion of an Aussie guy I met on the boat from Malaysia to d'Phils.

Haven't been back to the States since.

Oddly, I had never even considered marriage and wasn't even looking for a girlfriend at that time.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 4
ellenbrook2001

on line but took me 2 years too realized was the right girl a must be blind at that time and too busy working earning $$$$$  anywhere was not ready too commit until a move permanent here, then do my home work what will be the future with her ,even her dad was very strict too strict over protected ,but not strict if a did help grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr same story?

• Like 1
Brucewayne

unless the first one is the right one

took me better than two decades to work my way back around to the first one

You've always been a bit slow, haven't you?

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

You've always been a bit slow, haven't you?

even slower than that

Brucewayne

Many moons ago (I was only thirty!)  I was having a cold afternoon beer at a table in front of a sari-sari store here on Siargao.

She stopped in to buy some cooking oil and we started chatting.

Invited her to a Valentine's Day dinner party later that evening during which we decided to get married which we finally did three years later after running a beach resort together and making enough money to start a family.

Still here, still going strong, and still crazy after all these years.

Ahh, cold beer and warm oil have always been an igniter of beautiful relationships.

• Like 1
Brucewayne

even slower than that

A lot of times, I wish I would have taken more time, but she was so cute.

• Like 1
JollyJim

Met her thru Cherry Blossom after being scammed by a real pro.  Funny thing is I was attracted to my wife because she didn't "love" me right away as most other girls did.

• Like 5
JamesMusslewhite

Snorkeling just off Moon Beach, Okinawa, Japan back in 1985... The old fashion way, we meet, we corresponded over a year and a half, traveled to the Philippine many times to court her, than I filed a Fiance Visa in the States, brought her to the States and we were married on Pearl Harbor day 1987..... which makes it a little hard to ever forget our anniversary... "The Day that is remembered in Infamy"... Been together ever since..

• Like 8
dc3driver

That's a good way to put it.....:)

Edited by dc3driver
  • Like 1
streak03

Met in Kabul, she was working for PAE at the time and I was doing some contract work that brought me over to their offices.

Dolsos

Met on Cherry Blossoms.  She was one of the few I talked too that wasn't always having issues, some flat out asked for money up front others just slyly hint around it... 

Regardless wish we could have lived together longer before getting married (On 90d fiance visa) but now we have a daughter together so kind of sealed the deal.

• Like 2
David_LivinginTalisay

I was living/working in Hong Kong, having accepted promotion to Engineering Manager - Asia Pacific, in September 1997, This was after having visited Hong Kong, before making a Service call to upgrade the firmware of their NETRIX 5000 Series ATM Switches of KEB (Korean Exchange Bank).  I spent a month in Hong Kong on the way back, before returning to the UK.   Having determined I liked Asia, it's people and Hong Kong, I asked for and extra US$5,000 as the Rents were higher than I expected (US$1200/month).

I was living in Kennedy Town, to the West of 'Central' Hong Kong, where the NETRIX office was in Wilson Street (near Lan Kwai Fong).  I wanted more, than just drinking, and decided that I would like to learn how to dance SALSA.

There was this tall dark, Latino looking guy with a pony tail, with the name Ricky, who ran a SALSA Dance Class in the Mexican Restaurant in Times Square.  It seemed like a good deal as there was this 'Special Offer' - buy a Mexican Meal - 3 courses, with 2 x Drinks included (Corona Beer /Margarita), and SALSA Dance Lesson FREE!

At the end of the SALSA Dance Class (where Ricky got you introducing yourself to at least 6 girls), there was the guys at one end and the gals at the other, and Ricky shouts "Girls, it's time to grab a Guy!". There was this frantic rush by the girls to find a guy (turns out there is typically more girls than available guys, and the girls don't want to be dancing with another girl, for the last part, before it become a SALSA Disco Party.

This Filipina girl 'Mercy; (who was not any of the 6 girls I had introduced myself to during the Dance Class of Ricky).  Mercy just wanted to know who I was, why I was in Hong Kong and what I was doing there.   She made a point of asking me if I was planning to come the following week.

I made sure that I did go along to the following SALSA Class of Ricky in that same Mexican Cafe in Times Square.  This was early in November 1998.  Mercy was there but was not taking part in the Salsa Dance Class.  At the end though, when there was the same mad rush by the girls for the guys, Mercy shoved this small Filipina girl towards me.  She looked shy and rather nervous, but looked pretty and had a nice smile.

That small shy Filipina, was Salome or Sha-Sha,  I got to know Sha-Sha better, and went to her Birthday Party @ Cinta J, about a week later.  Her friends had bought her cuddly toys as presents for her, if she were still a teenage girl.

We were married on 16th June 2002, in Cebu, after my Divorce was finalized the year before.  We had relocated from Hong Kong to Cebu on 1st May 2001 .

• Like 3