Young one from Cebu

Been patrolling this forum for a couple of weeks now, haven't properly introduced myself.

I'm Lars, young fella originally from Amsterdam.
Been scouring this mystical islands for around 3.5 years now. Primarily came here to work for a charity organization but actually never left.

Before I came here I had no clue at all about the PH except the usual palmbeach pictures.

Some of you have probably seen me walking around somewhere in Cebu, (or the newspaper, been featured twice now) I might reckon that i stand out in the crowd a little bit been only 24 years old. I've had some of those looks glancing at me from some of the older fella's, and I can see in their eyes they wish they knew about this place and made the step years ago.. Well I did, pretty unplanned but nonetheless happy with my decision and no feelings of homesickness yet (except income wise but the simple life should be appreciated)

Mostly work online doing graphics, video-editing. Officially i have a background in Photography, but I expanded that into video-production/editing and some graphic design cause it's easier to generate an income non-location based.

Looking forward to see some new information and idea's spreading around Cebu. I've got a handful of foreign friends living here but most of the time i'm still quite eery with the age-gaps with most other foreigners here. And what most of the long-stayers probably know is the amount of foreigners you specifically don't wanna know.

Don´t let the looks fool you, we are all young in mind here...

:hi: Welcome from CdO City

Canuck Joe

Welcome young fella.

Edited by Canuck Joe
Brucewayne

Allooo Sonny, speak up willya?

dutchben

He Lars welkom bij dit superforum, ik kom ook uit amsterdam en leef hier al 7jaar na mijn pensioen

He Lars welkom bij dit superforum, ik kom ook uit amsterdam en leef hier al 7jaar na mijn pensioen

I´m glad that there is NO sound on Google Translate... :ROFLMAO:

• Like 2

Always good to see more dutch people..

Ben waar kom je vandaan?

dutchben

From Amsterdam, i am retired policeman and live in Cebu city Mabolo for about 7years now.

welcome   :hi: 

i was quite surprised how many under 30's i saw when i renewed my visa last time

Glad i did not discover the Philippines when i was 20 , i probably would be dead now !

RogerDat

Greetings and welcome! Last visit to BIR there were mostly younge people there, some said they were working for charity to try and teach locals skills. They were also from the NE europe, all tall blonds, never did find  the charity printed on the shirts they were wearing  on line.

Greetings and welcome! Last visit to BIR there were mostly younge people there, some said they were working for charity to try and teach locals skills. They were also from the NE europe, all tall blonds, never did find  the charity printed on the shirts they were wearing  on line.

I guess those are my neighbours haha..