surf laundry powder is it safe

Faktor

last year i got a rash that started on my left hand then came on the right and slowly worked is way up my arms, i went to skin clinic and was told solar allergy but it kept spreading over a 4 month period until my back was totally covered, one day i had to do a litle laundry and when my hand touched the water with surf it felt like it was on fire and the rash grew big in seconds, so i put 2 and 2 together and stopped using surf. and the rash disapeared. recently i changed laundry service and now my back is 1 big rash again and guess what they are using surf.. i have never had allergie rashes before other than my skin turned a bit rough when i was a kid when drinking milk.

and a friend of mine started using surf and within a short period of time he and his gf both got the red exem om the hands i told them stop using surf and there rashes faded within a week... 

they most be using some bad stuff in that product but i dont know what. the locals dont seem to take damage of it often though. but personally if i never came across it again that would be fine by me, it itches like u wont believe

Scruffydog

last year i got a rash that started on my left hand then came on the right and slowly worked is way up my arms, i went to skin clinic and was told solar allergy but it kept spreading over a 4 month period until my back was totally covered, one day i had to do a litle laundry and when my hand touched the water with surf it felt like it was on fire and the rash grew big in seconds, so i put 2 and 2 together and stopped using surf. and the rash disapeared. recently i changed laundry service and now my back is 1 big rash again and guess what they are using surf.. i have never had allergie rashes before other than my skin turned a bit rough when i was a kid when drinking milk.

and a friend of mine started using surf and within a short period of time he and his gf both got the red exem om the hands i told them stop using surf and there rashes faded within a week... 

they most be using some bad stuff in that product but i dont know what. the locals dont seem to take damage of it often though. but personally if i never came across it again that would be fine by me, it itches like u wont believe

I worked in the chemical fragrance and cleaner industry for 13 years. It does not mean SURF is unsafe, it just means that you have an allergy to a specific ingredient that most do not have. Probably one of the  perfumes.  Could just have easily been Tide, Gain or any other product. Kind of like how some are allergic  to peanuts. Nothing wrong with peanuts, unless you happen to be allergic to them.

Lot of push in the industry right now to eliminate unnecessary chemicals, dyes and perfumes from cleaning products . especially in commercial applications. If you are bored Google DFE or Green Seal. The next biggie in the industry

All that having been said..Tide is hands down the best Detergent out there. They have access to surfactants and things that others just can not compete with.. Is it worth the extra money.. That is  personal call.  No I did not work for P and G

One last insider tidbit----- Febreze is all marketing hype... Look for products that actually kill the source of the odors.

Edited by Scruffydog
  • Like 1
Faktor

Look for products that actually kill the source of the odors.

winegar will kill the odor and is a good alternative to fabric softner, i know the allergi union in denmark used to recomend that one.. personally i use ariel i am used to that from denmark and never got a rash from it

Faktor

but a chemist i used to know out here even told me they allow the use of asbestos in many products here incl talkum and whitening lotion. and u will find that most chemicals banned in many parts of the world because of big health risks are totally legal here. and since i have never had problems before i think there are some of those products in it.. even there bread here contains stuff to make them last longer that has been band more than 30 years in europe

• Like 1