Dolsos

Going to start planning to file for 13a soon, my bb stamp will expire in Nov so want to get it taken care of sooner then later.

I'm sure this has been covered but I fail at the search function..

Whats the total cost of 13a?

Are there going to be hidden under the table charges tacked on?  

Whats the timeframe for approval/denial?

I've seen it  both ways, do I need some sort of police report from the US?  How would I get that if I'm here?  What would disqualify a person from residency?  Any crime at all or just violent? 

I also remember a temporary resident visa being listed somewhere, is that different then 13a? Is it easier/better/cheaper?

The immigration.gov.ph website is apparently down so didn't have much luck going there for answers.

cebubird

Many folks on here would argue with me,  but we did it the simple way-just went to RJ Agency next door to BOI. They have been in business for years and have good rapport with BOI. Cost 25k and I thought it was worth every centavo. Couple visits to them to fill out papers. They even do your wife's petition. 10k downpayment. think about 2 months later they called us to come back in to go next door and finish it up.

Good reputable folks-see lots of foreigners there-heck I have even seen Jenny at our bank(bank of commerce)helping people set up accounts for retirement visas.

They did name change for wife's passport, and did the "authentication" crap for our marriage back in the US.

If we ever  need to get a Philippine passport for our son, will let them do that as well.

No you don't need some kind of police report-closest thing to that is wife had to get Barrangay "clearance".

SkyMan

No you don't need some kind of police report-closest thing to that is wife had to get Barrangay "clearance".

How recently did you do your 13A?  The police clearance for the husband seems to be a recent requirement.

I think Paul, ancienrocka, does 13As?  P25K seems very high unless that includes both the Probationary and Permanent 13As.  A friend of mine used an agency and paid about p1500, I think, each time.  Using the agency he probably saved more than the p3K for the under the table requirements anyway.  When he was asked for a tip he simple said, the agent is handling all the money so ask her.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I agree. Lots of talk here, but who in the last 60 days has applied for a 13A and didn't have to submit a police clearance from their home country? The answer is NONE.

mpt1947

I will be going to BoI in the next couple of weeks to pick up my Permanent ACR I-Card.  I intend to ask them if there are new requirements regarding police reporting and the need to have a 100K Pesos on deposit.  I will update.

We did all the paper work ourselves - it isn't that difficult - time consuming but not hard.  Not counting what we had to pay to NSO for copies of Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates and the like, for the Probationary we paid Php 7755.50 

You are warned not to pay bribes - we were not ask for any additional fees to expedite things and we paid none.  I have a friend who is online here who was asked, he refused and he was kept busy for most of the day getting copies of pages that he had already had copies of.  But he paid no under the table fees and his Probationary was approved before mine.

I just finished my Permanent the total cost at BoI was Php 8843. But we didn't need much documentation - you already have your letter from your wife - they just take another copy of it, all the Birth Certificates and Marriage Certificates are included.  There is a place next door to BoI Right Hand side, as you are looking at the front of BoI (Mandaue).  They will do all the paperwork and take photos, all the things that someone else quoted, for under 1000K - this doesn't count any notary that needs to be done.  I was having some copies made and these ladies told be I was missing a form - I disagreed.  They insisted I was missing a form - I told my wife they were nuts - I went up to hand in my information to ACR area and was told I was missing a form - went back down stairs filled out the form - even though it said $50 - paid no more fees. Had an official sign it and went out to have copies made - 4 Pesos...

Time required for Probationary- you need to have at least two months on your current Visa - I had to extend my visa for a month, because Manila was slow in giving the approval - on the Permanent I was told 3 months - again Manila was having problems, but I made it within the 3 months.  So if you have a BB now it isn't costing you any money  - why not apply now? Or you can wait until after school starts - June.

Remember, you cannot travel outside of the Philippines once the process is underway.  Once you have your Probationary or Permanent ACR Cards then you can come and go as you like - you will need to pay extra fees, but all of that is done at the airport.

Total Cost for both the Probationary and Permanent under 17K Plus 310 pesos for the Annual Report.

Like I said, I will update in the next week or so if Police Reports and Deposits are required on the 13a

cebubird

I will be going to BoI in the next couple of weeks to pick up my Permanent ACR I-Card.  I intend to ask them if there are new requirements regarding police reporting and the need to have a 100K Pesos on deposit.  I will update.

We did all the paper work ourselves - it isn't that difficult - time consuming but not hard.  Not counting what we had to pay to NSO for copies of Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates and the like, for the Probationary we paid Php 7755.50 

You are warned not to pay bribes - we were not ask for any additional fees to expedite things and we paid none.  I have a friend who is online here who was asked, he refused and he was kept busy for most of the day getting copies of pages that he had already had copies of.  But he paid no under the table fees and his Probationary was approved before mine.

I just finished my Permanent the total cost at BoI was Php 8843. But we didn't need much documentation - you already have your letter from your wife - they just take another copy of it, all the Birth Certificates and Marriage Certificates are included.  There is a place next door to BoI Right Hand side, as you are looking at the front of BoI (Mandaue).  They will do all the paperwork and take photos, all the things that someone else quoted, for under 1000K - this doesn't count any notary that needs to be done.  I was having some copies made and these ladies told be I was missing a form - I disagreed.  They insisted I was missing a form - I told my wife they were nuts - I went up to hand in my information to ACR area and was told I was missing a form - went back down stairs filled out the form - even though it said $50 - paid no more fees. Had an official sign it and went out to have copies made - 4 Pesos...

Time required for Probationary- you need to have at least two months on your current Visa - I had to extend my visa for a month, because Manila was slow in giving the approval - on the Permanent I was told 3 months - again Manila was having problems, but I made it within the 3 months.  So if you have a BB now it isn't costing you any money  - why not apply now? Or you can wait until after school starts - June.

Remember, you cannot travel outside of the Philippines once the process is underway.  Once you have your Probationary or Permanent ACR Cards then you can come and go as you like - you will need to pay extra fees, but all of that is done at the airport.

Total Cost for both the Probationary and Permanent under 17K Plus 310 pesos for the Annual Report.

Like I said, I will update in the next week or so if Police Reports and Deposits are required on the 13a

The agency he is referring to here is the RJ agency, and as I said Jenny and all the girls in there are top notch.

I think the 100k thing this guy is talking about is for a Retirement visa---TOTALLY different thing. Like I said I have seen Jenny at our bank helping clients get set up for that kind of visa.

I think roger dumond got his 13-a while still in US and believe he did have to get a police report.

Again, I just got my permanent 2 months ago and have never heard of needing a police report.

I am certainly not going to argue with people about tho. If you need one-you need one-I didn't.

SkyMan

Time required for Probationary- you need to have at least two months on your current Visa - I had to extend my visa for a month, because Manila was slow in giving the approval - on the Permanent I was told 3 months - again Manila was having problems, but I made it within the 3 months. So if you have a BB now it isn't costing you any money - why not apply now? Or you can wait until after school starts - June.

On this I'll note a friend's experience and my own.  My friend's tourist visa expired before they called him to say his probationary was done.  When he went to pick it up they checked his passport and they said he needed to extend a month.  The extension was done in about 10 minutes (they were running half a day or more at that time) and he said something seemed odd about how they did it but then he got the 13A and on his way.  Later looking at the paperwork he saw the approval date for his 13A was before his tourist visa expired so he thought he got scammed but didn't bother doing anything.  When I did mine my tourist visa expired but I figured I'd rather do the 10 minute extension than the half day version so I blew it off and when I got my 13A nobody noticed.  Cha ching!
dc3driver

You make a good point, don't leave the country while it is in process, or you will have to start all over again.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Hand side, as you are looking at the front of BoI (Mandaue).  They will do all the paperwork and take photos, all the things that someone else quoted, for under 1000K - this doesn't count any notary that needs to be done.

Interesting, they don't provide free notary service at BI Mandaue? There is a desk in the BI Manila office that has two friendly girls who check your paperwork, provide advice, free notary service etc.

As for copies and little nuances along the way that you would have no idea about, we also encountered this annoyance. Why have a checklist for document submission if it isn't complete? Why can't they just agree on how many copies they want of things and give a checklist so you don't have to run around back and forth making photocopies. Oh well, it doesn't do any good to wonder about those things.

tomaw

To get the 13a while still in The U.S. would I go to The Philippine Consolite Office (for me in Los Angeles Ca.)? Is it better to get it while in The U.S. or wait till I'm in The Philippines?

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

To get the 13a while still in The U.S. would I go to The Philippine Consolite Office (for me in Los Angeles Ca.)? Is it better to get it while in The U.S. or wait till I'm in The Philippines?

Apply for it in the US. I wish I had. You'll save time and money.

johnboy999

Apply for it in the US. I wish I had. You'll save time and money.

Agreed. Much better to do it in the US as you will get a permanent 13a straight away. Here, you get a probationary for 1 year and then get the full 13a 1 year later.

• 4 weeks later...
SkyMan

:popcorn:
  • Like 1
Nangulo

There was a thread, a while back, from a guy who did his 13a at the L.A. embassy in a matter of hours.  From what I've read through all of these posts about 13a's, if you get it in the USA (out of country), it's permanent right off.  If you apply for it in the Philippines, you get a temp and then have to re-apply in one year to get the permanent.  So, it's double the cost for doing it in-country.

SkyMan

Well, not double as from what I've seen, you can't quite do it all out of country.  Then when you arrive in the Phils you have a limited time to get the rest done here and there are some added things to do here you wouldn't have to do if you applied here but yes, it's faster and cheaper to do it out of country.