Sign in to follow this  
spydoo

Due Diligence for Online Dating

shadow

No webcam?  I guess some guys aren't worried 'what' shows up to meet them eventually, man, woman, in between, or beast....

You guys are mostly in a different situation, these girls are somewhat local to you.     A lot of the guys who initially fall into contact with these girls aren't local.    Some will chat with these 'girls' for months, send money, and the 'girl'....isn't, or the 'girl' is actually just a set of pictures of Angel Locsin.        

Our latest case was Merian Rivera!

;)

KennyF

You see Anne Curtis fairly often too.

KonGC

Dragonladies.org

I could handle seeing Anne Curtis or Marian Rivera fairly often, but they would have me arrested for stalking.

• Like 1

smokey

so guys are pissed that the girls would have some nerve expecting money ?  yet the guys often over 65 come to the philippines and expect a 20 year old women to spend the night ... ha ha ha 

• Like 2

Headshot

1. The topic is due diligence in online dating...NOT how many girls you can have your way with. If somebody brags about their supposed exploits in the open forums again, they will be dealt with (and not just by removing the post or banning them from the topic).

When somebody makes a comment like that (where you can easily see they have crossed the line), please do NOT reply to them (even sarcastically) or reference their post in any way. If you do, it just means that the mods have to delete your post as well. Generally, the mods can find an offending post without being directed to it by others. However, if you really want to make sure a mod sees it, please PM one of us and reference what you see as a problem post. If we agree, we will deal with it.

throttleplate

this happened the other day. I was eating dinner with 2 other expat couples,one couple has an age difference of 50 years or so he thought.While we were eating I asked how old my friends fiancé was as she looked so young to have a baby 2 years old already from another guy not current fiance and she replied 22 and bf says 22? with a look of shock on his face,you told me you were 24 and she says well on my facebook im listed as 24 but my birth certificate says 22.

Thelandofku-an!

Dragonladies.org

Along with the previous suggested tips or filters, what seems to work is to find one who isn't online all the time because she is actually WORKING.

Most of the ones who are online all the time, are online all the time for a reason. It's a JOB.

I can't decide on this, most of my company's teachers abuse their workstation for personal stuff in company time.

They also use the company wi-fi to stay connected by cellphone sending free text through their messenger.

I guess these legitimate employees are on-line all day, so maybe they are a sub category?

Edited by Thelandofku-an!

JackJohnson

Youtube has a series of videos about scammers on DIA, and they seem to be updated fairly regularly.

Generally the videos expose fake profiles and pics of models and actresses. I hate to admit that I have been taken in

a few times, although I would never send money.

Nearly every woman on DIA will eventually ask for money or hint about it, some quickly and others in a week or two.

I know some of the guys get angry when I say this, but the scamming is so widespread on the dating sites that you have to figure that

there is a certain amount of tolerance for this kind of behavior in the culture at large.

The best clue has already been mentioned, the ones that are online ALL THE TIME are pros and working many guys at the same time.

If you chat with them also you will notice long gaps in the conversation because they are working multiple screens at the same time.

My profiles usually mention outright that I will NEVER send money for any reason, so don't bother asking me. And I also mention that I hate fake pics and will

ask to chat on webcam if I am seriously interested in the person.

Oh, and I use a tip that Larry mentioned years ago that I will be moving to asia to live and will NOT bring anyone to the states. Hopefully this weeds out the green card

scammers.

I have lost count of the fake pic ladies I've connected with. Loads of them. So many I've lost count.

And a similar thing is the doctored but real photo. My God! This is a huge shocker when you first discover the practice. To start with they use makeup and professional lighting

and great clothes, but then they go a step further and photoshop themselves into Kristin Kreuk. Then you see them on webcam and you literally do not recognize the girl at all, since she doesn't remotely resemble the woman you thought you were getting to know all along. This has happened to me quite a few times as well, so as others have mentioned it's best to avoid any women who use glamorous photos.

The online thing is so hard. The guys here always say come and meet ladies in person and that is great advice.

• Like 2

JamesMusslewhite

Old Smokey is pretty crispy around the edges but inside he is always a soft touch with a huge streak of  generosity  and caring    - and prefers to be that way !!

[ just dont tell him that I told you that tho !!  it would ruin his reputation !]

Smokey is a class act. I like to give the man a hard time because he is thick-skinned old goat who can take it as well as he shovels it out. But over the years I have been on the forum I have learned to trust what he says.

• Like 3

Brucewayne

Smokey is a class act. I like to give the man a hard time because he is thick-skinned old goat who can take it as well as he shovels it out. But over the years I have been on the forum I have learned to trust what he says.

Smokey seems to have lived a hard life, but at least he has the fight to come out on top.

Not a quitter the way some people are.

Dragonladies.org

There are some ladies who are online a lot, from actual jobs, or claim to be.   Unless they can turn a cam on,  (Not real likely in a real workplace) and show you they are in an appropriate office setting, or wherever they claim to be...you  kind of have to take what they tell you with a grain of salt.

When I'm 'baiting' and too lazy to use my video program,  and chatting, I'll tell the ladies 'I'm at work, can't use a cam'.   The aggressive, predatory ones are usually happy to let me see them on cam, anyway.

I hate to suggest my  tips are surefire, 100%, but prefer to call them 'filters'.  

Hell, i give the same tips to ladies.   If the guy doesn't show a face on cam, walk away.

(If he turns his cam on and is waving something else in your face that isn't capable of smiling.....tell him to bugger off, block him and silently thank him for exposing (Bad choice of words maybe?) what and who he is quickly, so you didn't waste time on him,)

Oh, I sometimes get messages from guys who live in the Philippines, who use large dating sites to find young girls to 'enjoy', and get mad because they sent them bus or ferry fare to come meet them where they live, and they didn't show up.     In a way that is stupider than the guy who sends some fake Russian 'hottie' plane fare to come to Ottumwa, Iowa, thinking she is going to do him, and marry him, cook him dinner, cut his lawn, etc.

:)

• Like 1

smokey

Smokey seems to have lived a hard life, but at least he has the fight to come out on top.

Not a quitter the way some people are.

and he is running for mayor so lets get out and vote .... smokey for mayor or the new fire chief ///   please dont tarnish my rep. as dip shit ass h???

Brucewayne

and he is running for mayor so lets get out and vote .... smokey for mayor or the new fire chief ///   please dont tarnish my rep. as dip shit ass h???

If that doesn't work out for you, we do need a dog catcher here.

broden

people on both sides of the screen should take care

312bn92.jpg

• Like 1

smokey

If that doesn't work out for you, we do need a dog catcher here.

thats cool everyone needs a lic. for their dogs and i will start an express window