Cebu immigration, is it worth asking for this ?

Dolsos

I'm obviously the only one here that seems to know anything about the Philippines, I spend my time trying to help a lost and confused bunch, and people are upset? 

Except a great deal of what you said is obviously wrong.

Return ticket for BB stamp?  Please.  

Have to be out of the country 12 months for new bb stamp?  A member here JUST complete a bb run and was out of the country for a couple days, no issues.

Calling out moderators trolls because they "don't know anything" about the Philippines?  Telling people they don't live here because they know nothing?

You're here solely to get a reaction out of us, my guess is you're a former member who was banned, one related to a rock mayhaps, but even if not you're methods and attitude is totally unnecessary and just makes you come off as a spoiled little twat.

• Like 2
Paul

I think I hid all the posts that referenced the troll, as well as posts in reply to his misinformation. If there are more, please feel free to let me know.

musicman666

I think the immigration staff in mactan airport are pretty clean....also it's all on show .....unlike some other places I could mention. I think they would get pretty angry if you offered money...especially a lousy 1k.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I think the question is basically, "Would immigration be offended if an unaccompanied married foreigner ask for a BB stamp?"

I have asked and received such. I have asked and not received such. Nobody was offended in either case. I asked politely (and in Tagalog) on each occasion.

If he is leaving in 3 weeks with the wife, why bother asking?

Edit - I never offered money in any case and strongly recommend one does not do so.

Further - the 'onward ticket' debate is simple - almost nobody is ever asked about it at immigration, however checking in for your flight without one will be an adventure for you - just try it. In other words, don't do it.

Edited by Monsoon
Sven

Further - the 'onward ticket' debate is simple - almost nobody is ever asked about it at immigration, however checking in for your flight without one will be an adventure for you - just try it. In other words, don't do it.

Well I was asked about it the last time I entered the country, at Mactan. They took my word for it though, when I explained about my onward plans.

The airline check-in was a whole different, and painful, story.

I would advise not only to have an onward ticket, but to ensure (1) it is for less than 21 days after arrival, and (2) it should be printed on good old paper, ready to show... as opposed to stored within some cloud service which requires Internet access...

Sven

mpt1947

That sounds correct to me. My wife & I went to HK for a couple of days & she got a 1 year renewal.

About that onward ticket, In my personal experience of arriving 10 or 12 times, never once was I asked for an onward ticket. Others have been, so plan accordingly.

The question is did you have a return ticket or an onward ticket?  If you had a return ticket it would be in the computer so they won't have a need to ask you.  I carried the onward ticket with me until I got my 13a probationary and then I tossed it.  When my wife and I left HK last year Cathy Pacific asked if I had an ACR Card - I did and showed it to them - the ACR Card serves as proof that you are a resident and don't need Return or Onward Tickets.

USMC-Retired

Well I was asked about it the last time I entered the country, at Mactan. They took my word for it though, when I explained about my onward plans.

The airline check-in was a whole different, and painful, story.

I would advise not only to have an onward ticket, but to ensure (1) it is for less than 21 days after arrival, and (2) it should be printed on good old paper, ready to show... as opposed to stored within some cloud service which requires Internet access...

Sven

Cebu Pacific gave me a hard time in Singapore. Trying to get me to purchase an onward ticket. It took some understanding and a copy of the menorandum. But hey what ever it takes

Cebu Pacific gave me a hard time in Singapore. Trying to get me to purchase an onward ticket. It took some understanding and a copy of the menorandum. But hey what ever it takes

yes, had the same in Singapore, fortunately I had a Clark to Kota Kinabul throw away, purchased online for about A$30 ..

its my understanding that it is the respoinsibility of the Carrier ( Airline ) to ensure you have the ongoing, and Immigration

appears to have no or little interest at all.

SkyMan

If he is leaving in 3 weeks with the wife, why bother asking?

I think if he gets the BB, then that trip won't need to happen.
JSL-USMC

Get the 21 day visa. Since he is going to HK in three weeks what does he have to gain with some devious maneuvers. Although it wouldn't hurt to ask about the BB Visa,what's the point?

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Cebu Pacific are the worst for this. They will seem to have trained their staff abroad to do anything they can to sell tickets to non-Philippino passport holders at checkin. I've had more high blood pressure moments arguing with check in staff that have never been to the Philippines about the 'requirements.'

Also, Cebu Pacific makes you have a printout of your onward ticket. They have even conveniently put it into their terms and conditions, and my experience has been, if your onward ticket is not with them, they will send you off to find an Internet cafe to print out the copy.

This and several other reasons has me hardly ever flying flyingCebu Pacific internationally anymore. Basically only as a last resort.

Some members can see what I was initially asking,.. would anyone be offended if he asked politely for a BB ??!

The part about the 'bride' was never set out as what he intended to do,..only that I'd heard about it before on some forum.

The reason he was going to ask was to save him the journey to Hong Kong within the next 3 weeks as he could far better spent the fare money on something else.

Hang on in here,..he flies out in 10 days time and I can tell you what happened....

####... BRIBE ...#####   lol

SkyMan

Get the 21 day visa. Since he is going to HK in three weeks what does he have to gain with some devious maneuvers. Although it wouldn't hurt to ask about the BB Visa,what's the point?

He doesn't need to go to HK in 3 weeks if they give him the BB stamp.  That's the point.  Asking for something doesn't rate as devious maneuvers in my opinion.  When pulled over I always ask for a warning.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

JSL-USMC

He doesn't need to go to HK in 3 weeks if they give him the BB stamp.  That's the point.  Asking for something doesn't rate as devious maneuvers in my opinion.  When pulled over I always ask for a warning.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I thought he had planned to go to HK regardless. You're right ,asking isn't devious, sorry if you misunderstood my meaning. One can pick a "post "to pieces while ignoring the point.

Mr. Gruff