Sign in to follow this  
datkins587

Best place to shore snorkel on Panglao or Bohol

datkins587

I finally moved to Panglao, so far I love it compared to Cebu City. I live in an area called Daius more towards Tagbilran but before the bridge. I was wondering if any locals know of a good area with a decent reef I can do some shore snorkeling from. I have been out on the boats that take you island hopping but I seemed to get ripped off somehow every time I go. I would prefer just to go off shore if there is some place around to do it.

I drove up towards Lila yesterday and that looks like it may have some possibilities but I didn’t have my snorkel gear with me. Plus it would be a bit far to do on a regular basis.

tim1967

just what i have read on the internet. it sounds like there is a double reef on the north side of bohol. google it.   maybe this will give you some info

BoholoX

The double reef is a very long way from Dauis......dont bother with the local bankas, get friendly with a dive shop and hop on their boats when they do suitable trips (Balicasag/Arco/Bohol Beach Club) My shop just charged P150 for snorkellers with their own equipment, P100 if they were regulars. No cost to me as the divers paid the fuel/wages.

• Like 3

Fred M

Approximately half way between Loay and Lila is a fish sanctuary. There is some good snorkelling there. Look for a long hollow block wall on the right hand side. Access is there. It's rocky but there are corals there

• Like 1

lexus

Doljo and Momo beaches have sanctuary in the eastern side. Leave Your ride at Muro Ami in Doljo and end of the road in Momo, and walk the beach to sanctuary. Low tide better for snorkeler.