Hello from Finland (and Leyte)!

Hi!

Im 41 years old guy from southwestern Finland and my wife is 29 and from Leyte. We are currently living here in Finland, but sometime in the future we will propably move permanently to PI. We will settle either in Leyte or Cebu, not sure yet.

We just had our first (and propably last) child, a healthy babyboy, 3 weeks ago and thats why we will stay in Finland for the next few years at least.

From this forum i will be looking for information about permanent living in PI, because tourist info can be found everywhere, but useful and reliable knowledge about everyday life is harder to find. I have been browsing this forum for few days now and i think here i can get all the help if needed.

Thank You All!

Raven

:hi:  Welcome to Forum from CdO City...Enjoy

Mr. Mike

Welcome Domi and congrats on your new baby boy!

Skywalker

First of all, only take advice from people who actually live in the Philippines.

Secondly there is no way to compare Cebu and Leyte. Well done on making a baby, probably the easiest thing. Good luck with the rest, that's the hard bit!

Raven

First of all, only take advice from people who actually live in the Philippines.

Secondly there is no way to compare Cebu and Leyte. Well done on making a baby, probably the easiest thing. Good luck with the rest, that's the hard bit!

Unless they have been living there to long... :rofl:

• Like 2
Lauie

Welcome and congrats on the new baby. I came from Leyte.

Mang Kanor

welcome to the forums and congratulations on your new baby

Half Baked

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the little baby, they grow up too fast.

Tip: try to video everything your baby does, even the small stuff (learning to roll over, pulling himself up,etc) even though it may seem like a pain in the rear to get the phone/camera, you will be glad you did later. I watch stuff our daughter did almost on a daily basis, she's 16 months now. And I'm still videoing.

Faktor

welcome fellow scandinavian. and gratz with the kid. i would say where to live depends on how u can adjust to local foods. even in ormoc it is had to get decent food and what we do have here is being shipped in from cebu. on the other hand if u dont like alot of polution, tons of ppl everywhere, then u dont want to settle in cebu or any other major city.. as for crime my guess is the more ppl the more crime seems to be the tendency. the corruption is everywhere. i have never lived in cebu but hear alot of stories about it.. i know ormoc has alot of crime. lucky usually not so much against forigners but there is a gang war in this part of leyte, so really to say where it is best depends on what your needs and dislikes are

Banacon

Welcome to the forum, ... wishing you and yours the best.

• 3 weeks later...
mikewright

Welcome and congratulations on the baby.

You'll find a lot of very good information on the forums which will help when you eventually make the move.  :welcome:

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum! 

From Cebu City! 

(and originally from Leyte  :wheel: )

Tervetuloa foorumille.

Samoin minulta kans.

Welcome   Meet in Cebu one day.