time deposits

Davaoeno

if you can get 7-8% insured for 5 yr. TD why would i want to lend at 5% with risk?

where do you get those figures from ? The highest the BPI chart shows for a peso term deposit  is 1.25% [ and thats for a 5M deposit]

That is very good.  Do they still deduct 1/3 off the top for taxes?  Even so you would net over 6% which is a decent return if secure.

maybe i am being dense today but i believe that the rate that Theland is quoting is if you want to borrow money - not deposit it . [ why else would he talk about the banks ROI ?]

billy

5 year time deposit 7% . Also borrowing for over 7 years is around 10% minimum. Forget about tax free. That's not your problem. No one will lend you money for over 7 years for 5% per year that's a joke. The borrower is the desperate one not the lender. You got it?

A_Simple_Man

No one will lend you money for over 7 years for 5% per year that's a joke. The borrower is the desperate one not the lender. You got it?

Ha ha.  I got it.  You so funny.  Me so desperate.  And yet . .  I'm not the one to open a thread pleading for better investments.   :snap:

• Like 1
billy

Well I'd rather have money in my pocket then have to be the borrower

Ha ha.  I got it.  You so funny.  Me so desperate.  And yet . .  I'm not the one to open a thread pleading for better investments.   :snap:

Common sense I'm the person with the money your the one without. Pick your side

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I could be interested in a private mortgage.  If anyone would be interested in earning about 5% for about 7 years, paid out in quarterly installments  secured by an actual title to a house and lot in the Philippines then here is what I have in mind:

Investor puts up 2.5 million pesos, holds title to property and/or mortgage on property until paid (bank appraisal at 3.5 million pesos)

30 Quarterly payments of 100,000 Pesos which equates to about 5% ROI, not reported anywhere, totaling 3 million Pesos returned .. . (half a mill profit)

If this intrigues anyone then send me a PM. .

HSBC offered me about 5% on a loan for property in the Philippines. You should be able to do the same if you have 20% down.  

David_LivinginTalisay

I wish I was still working in Hong Kong with my Residence Permit/ID Card.

China Construction Bank in Hong Kong, is LENDING @ 2.23%

575x130_1303ploanrebate3800.gif

http://www.asia.ccb.com/hongkong/promotions/loans/1303ploanrebate3800/?cmpid=1303ploanrebate3800_sectionmain

common_header_landing_logo.jpg    

Personal Loan

Monthly Flat Rate as low as 0.14% (APR 2.23%)1     Repayment tenor up to 84 months     Up to HKD3,800 cash rebate2     Loan amount up to HKD1.2 million or 21 times3 your monthly salary(whichever is lower)     Instant approval4 and same day funds disbursement5

I am paying rather more than that 2.23%, on Credit Card Debt per month!

Just think, if I could borrow enough to completely wipe out all the balances on the Credit Cards, and to Finish, Fit-out, and Furnish my Ramos Tower Condo, and another 50% of the Total.  Then put that 50% extra in the Thift Banlks paying 7%pa, this would more than cover the Loan Interest.  

Then with the Condo finished and generating rental income, I would not have to be working in China.

• Like 1
Thelandofku-an

Nice, I read this that the 2.23% is arrived at after taking into consideration the 3,800 HKD, which presumably

is based on your borrowing some unknown sum?

The flyer and website read slightly differently, but still a fantastic deal limited only by income?

Edited by Thelandofku-an!
David_LivinginTalisay

Nice, I read this that the 2.23% is arrived at after taking into consideration the 3,800 HKD, which presumably

is based on your borrowing some unknown sum?

The flyer and website read slightly differently, but still a fantastic deal limited only by income?

http://www.asia.ccb.com/hongkong/promotions/loans/1303ploanrebate3800/?cmpid=1303ploanrebate3800_sectionmain

The Annualized Percentage Rate (“APR”) of 2.23% includes HKD3,800 cash rebate amount and is calculated based on the monthly flat rate of 0.14% with loan amount of HKD800,000 or above and the repayment tenor of 12 months  The APR is calculated according to the standard of Hong Kong Association of Banks and rounded up / down to the nearest two decimal places. Interest is charged daily and calculated on the basis of 365 days per year. The above interest rate offer is only available for selected customers who apply Personal Installment Loan, the final interest rate will be subject to credit condition of the customer.  China Construction Bank (Asia) Corporation ("The Bank") reserves the right of final decision on the interest rate and approval result.

Even if it was 3%pa, this is still one hell of a lot (*>12 x bettter), than being charged *3.0/3.5/3.54% as the Monthly Interest Rate, on a Philippine issued Credit Card.  

Who do I know, still living in Hong Kong, who is wealthy enough to secure such an Asia CCB Personal Loan, and will then undertake a private loan with me, backed by the security of the Ramos Tower CCT?

http://www.asia.ccb.com/hongkong/personal/accounts/rateenquiry/dep_rates_hkd.html

For a 12 month Time Deposit of HK$250,000 and above, AsiaCCB.com only offer 0.35%pa Interest.

Remember what I said about 7% difference?  

Well here it is 0.35% to Savers, and 2.23% to Borrowers - almost 7:1 as as a Ratio!

On a Saving Account of HK$200,000, they only offer 0.01% Interest Rate per Annum

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
  • Like 1

Things to think about.  There's an ETF composed of high dividend international stocks (SDIV) paying an annual  yield over 6%.  There are a number of emerging market bond funds paying 5.5 to 6% yields annually (monthly payments are made - TGEIX, etc.).  Brokerage accounts for firms in the U.S. (as are those in several other first world countries) are insured.

Edited by Kaku
David_LivinginTalisay

post-198-0-96110000-1368249142_thumb.jpg

post-198-0-39628400-1368248978_thumb.jpg

As I said, there are some Banks (at least 2) in the Philippines that are/were offering 7%pa on Peso Time Deposits.

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay