Tips to buying a condo...

Thelandofku-an

I'm not sure how the market is going to look like in 6 to 10 years from now but we will have quite a large choice when they are done with their building sprees. Theres projects on the way all over the city from Banawa to Banilad and Mandaue.

I guess in ten years most people would have had to pay modest rent while waiting for property prices to come down?

Ahm, conservatively; 10years x 12months x 15,000 Php = 1,800,000 Php or about half the price of a liveable unit?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thelandofku-an

• ThomsonJr

• Skywalker

• billy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Houses tend to find their own level.   The condo explosion is being fuelled by very slick, intensive, high pressure marketing, they are more about selling a dream, a concept, a fantasy than the rea

After the children are grown and out the door, we will be getting rid of the maids and moving to a condo near Ayala Mall. However, we are going to rent. No matter what the price, the flexibility of no

Trust me, I lived in Bangkok for 8 years, the condo market there has been established for much longer than Cebu, it's flooded with property, and loads of empty condos - many for years.   Not a place

Posted Images

Skywalker

Strangely enough, the rent from one of my bedrooms in my central London house, over that period of time, pays for my brand new condo here!

Love to play with maths.

Thelandofku-an

Ah nothing like being stuck in a time warp :) 1 bad Manila building that didn't actually collapse means all Manila buildings collapse..the logic is brilliant.

Seems to be global, I found this link, but unfortunately I can't edit out a picture of the World Trade Centre collapse, please delete if it offends anyone?

:link:  http://www.bestonlineengineeringdegree.com/the-10-worst-high-rise-building-collapses-in-history/

• Like 1
Skywalker

as I was sitting outside giligans last week while visiting Cebu what is the tall building with the red Q sign on the top

Actually that red Q is an apple logo (not mackintosh) and I think the building is mixed use. Google appleone.com

• Like 1
quit_yume

Don't be afraid of fire... be afraid of this:

yeah.. im afraid of that too

Thelandofku-an

Perhaps related to Manila's lower prices, this unit perhaps qualifies as low cost apartments,

hardly a condominium? It had defective foundations.

I do feel the stronger category earthquakes but no damage has ever occurred.

Edited by Thelandofku-an!
Thelandofku-an

This is a far more common scenario to be afraid of, I don't think any condo's fell, but survivors lived in them!

Even our country house is 100 metres above sea level!

:link: http://tsunamis.sciencedaily.com/d/a/Philippines

Edited by Thelandofku-an!
  • Like 1