Tips to buying a condo...

Contango

Do you know the price of a condo in muntinlupa is 40% of the price of a condo in cebu

Yes crazy cheap in Manila and everything is there, the best of everything..i can catch a train to Makati for like 25P, i like Cebu and other places down south but the city is where its all happening...i mean why pay a premium to live in Cebu, i don't get it?
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thelandofku-an

• ThomsonJr

• Skywalker

• billy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Houses tend to find their own level.   The condo explosion is being fuelled by very slick, intensive, high pressure marketing, they are more about selling a dream, a concept, a fantasy than the rea

After the children are grown and out the door, we will be getting rid of the maids and moving to a condo near Ayala Mall. However, we are going to rent. No matter what the price, the flexibility of no

Trust me, I lived in Bangkok for 8 years, the condo market there has been established for much longer than Cebu, it's flooded with property, and loads of empty condos - many for years.   Not a place

Posted Images

billy

Yes crazy cheap in Manila and everything is there, the best of everything..i can catch a train to Makati for like 25P, i like Cebu and other places down south but the city is where its all happening...i mean why pay a premium to live in Cebu, i don't get it?

If you haven't lived in cebu you wouldn't know. Manila is so over built with condos soon cebu will also be over built. But where muntilupa is in the province that's why it so cheap or actually reasonable

Dolsos

i don't get it?

I don't consider it paying a premium to be close to my wife and her family.  She wants to live here, I want to live with her, Cebu, Manila or Davao I go where she is.

Well maybe not Davao, too many gay korean's.

• Like 1
David_LivinginTalisay

The building I am in (Ramos Tower, I am on the top floor) doesn't have any penthouses.  

Ramos Tower top 2 Floors, was originally supposed to feature Loft Style Apartments.  

But they were getting the Sales Inquiries for these, rather for smaller, Studios costing under 2.5M, that had virtually all sold out.  I have e-mails from FTRDC advising of such.  Sp that is why more Studios came onto the Market. at a late date, sometime after the first 6 floors had been constructed.

So FTRDC had the designs changed to convert the Loft Units top floor, into 2 floors of more Studio Units.

Skywalker, have you been up on the roof of Ramos Tower?

I was there for some Opening Ceramony, and after the 'Service', we went up on the roof.

I posted a Message Thread about such, with photos.

Since then, they seemed to have added a 3 storey addition, as can be seen from Club Ultima - what is that?

post-198-0-92932100-1368107029_thumb.png

quit_yume

i would love to buy a condo there one day in the future..  but i would be afraid of fire.  based on the quality of everything else i have seen in the philippines i just cant imagine a sprinkler system actually working when needed there..   im a bit surprised some disaster hasnt already happened in a condo there. 

ThomsonJr

The condo explosion is being fuelled by very slick, intensive, high pressure marketing, they are more about selling a dream, a concept, a fantasy than the reality, which is an over priced small modular unit.

Is it a good investment? - probably not, for a commercial let. I didn't buy it for renting out, since it was purchased to be my main home here in Cebu.

Did you buy a penthouse unit or a similar big unit? I don't think it's that bad of an investment... especially if you want to live in it. Just dont get a studio unit or similar.

Edited by ThomsonJr
ThomsonJr

i would love to buy a condo there one day in the future..  but i would be afraid of fire.  based on the quality of everything else i have seen in the philippines i just cant imagine a sprinkler system actually working when needed there..   im a bit surprised some disaster hasnt already happened in a condo there. 

Don't be afraid of fire... be afraid of this:

Skywalker

Okay David, since you don't live here, and you can't therefore see the reality, what you can see on the top of the building, and you never bothered to ask me, ever though we are in touch.

You know, I'm not sure I want to clue you in.

I'm actually so bored trying to clue you people who don't live here, I'm thinking what the hell.

You work it out.

ThomsonJr

If you haven't lived in cebu you wouldn't know. Manila is so over built with condos soon cebu will also be over built. But where muntilupa is in the province that's why it so cheap or actually reasonable

but they even started pre-selling at higher prices than Manila...

JohnD

A couple of important tips when buying a condo from a  developer:

Charges: Check on what they are not telling you. Make sure the total price is the final total. There are some developers who add charges for things like fire extinguishers, connection fees, etc. The sales agent will not tell you unless you ask.

Paperwork: Copy, copy, copy all paperwork. To many of the large developers you are one of many and paperwork gets lost especially little things like copies of your bank transfer. Along that line when you do make payments ask the developer to verify with their bank and give you written confirmation.

Water: Where does the water come from and does the developer test it. If your buying in the provinces do they have a back up water source.

Community: On the investment side take a look around. Is the community good or improving. Oceanfront property allows has added value. What amenities does the community have: swimming pools, boutique shops. Also take a look at the construction you can see. Are the sidewalks new and in good condition or are they cracked. Is the landscaping professionally done. This may give you an indication of the quality of the work you cannot see.

There are more but these are important. Good Luck,

John

• Like 1
smokey

And I have to leave my best friend at the country house chasi'n birds and eating papaya!

you mean your ONLY friend ???

• Like 1
Thelandofku-an

you mean your ONLY friend ???

Only trustworthy friend that would die for me, or chocolates/treats!

• Like 1
ellenbrook2001

The downside with the condos in Cebu is that most are so expensive for what you actually get (small condos at a high price). If you really want to invest in condos and you want them rented out 12 months a year i'd buy them in Thailand instead of Cebu. Theres direct flights n

correct all condos are over priced  in CEBU why???????????

billy

the developers are asking high prices and so far people are paying it. if condos weren't selling prices would come down. if in mantilupa they are selling for 40% of the price here in cebu that means they are trippling there money on new condos here

Dolsos

Well, hire some crew, buy a piece of land, get the permits and drawings for a condo unit then build us some cheap ones, but make sure they're to western standards of course, we don't want to have to live like savages.

• Like 1