vitamins and supplements

msmith524

msmith524

where do you get yours? (this is directed at people who use them, not at those who want to argue if they're necessary).

Online is cheaper but wonder if it's worth the shipping hassles and if the sites are honest.

Any vitamin stores in Cebu? USA has tons of them.

ellenbrook2001

a alwayls order on line from USA never has a problem just wait  4 too 5 weeks that all never has a problem in the custom just go there with a photocopy id with your notice that all,.

Captainmike

When I lived in Cebu about  1 1/2 years ago I would buy them at S&R.  It was the best pricing I could find for (Multi and C).  They were still about 3 to 4 times more expensive than Costco in the States but everywhere else I looked in the PI was more expensive.

easy44

S&R has the Costco Kirkland brand vitamins for sale.  The price is much higher than you would pay at Costco but still cheaper than the local pharmacies.

liquido

Whatever you do,,,,,Do not give in and buy a local brand...D o not trust the locals standards here.

Lee

There are vitamin shops or booths in the malls and SM has a nice vitamin store that sells many of the same brands as in the US.  I have compared prices on some I use with The Vitamin Shoppe back in the states and find the same vitamins in that store in SM are about 25% higher than they are in the US on the ones I checked, probably due to Vat and shipping costs. I would say for people moving here to bring or ship a large quantity in a BB box with your other items since availability of items such as vitamins has gotten better over the years here in Cebu City, so who knows what will be two years down the road, but then that would be the time to worry about it and decide which route to go.

If you already live here, then the cost in the SM store Cebu City verses shipping them here yourself might be a wash but probably best to compare online prices on the ones you use and then decide if the difference would be worth it. 

smokey

i use supplments and found they are times 3 in cebu if you can even find them better to ask someone to BB them to you 

• Like 1
Knowdafish

Be sure and check the expiration date of ANY and ALL vitamins and meds you buy in the Philippines BEFORE you lay out any cash. 

Edited by Knowdafish
easy44

Be sure and check the expiration date of ANY and ALL vitamins and meds you buy in the Philippines BEFORE you lay out any cash. 

True.  Even check the Costco Kirkland vitamins.  I have found some that expired before I finished them.

Irenicus

i use supplments and found they are times 3 in cebu if you can even find them better to ask someone to BB them to you 

This.

And not to fall into product placement or anything, but I swear by a vitamin/joint/immune system booster by the name of Orange Triad.  They have them on Amazon but they are not orange anymore as they removed the coloring.  Might be coincidence, but I haven't gotten a cold in three years since taking them.  I also work out very hard in the gym, and these by far work the best.  I don't take six a day - just four.

• 4 weeks later...

Just moved to Cebu about a week ago and also looking for the same stuff -- more on body building supplements really like protein shakes and lipo6 plus fish oils, iron, zinc, b12, etc. 

Got one bottle each from Manila (Cash & Carry mall seems to have the cheapest), left the protein powder as it's too bulky and my luggage was already full -- figured here in Cebu, I can just get from GNC?

I haven't been to S&R yet though so will check that out as well. 

Thanks for the info :)

• 6 years later...
nothingbutquestions

Anyone know the name of the vitamin/health food store in SM mall?

Goetz1965

Healthy Options

But better order from LAzada, much cheaper.

SkyMan
On 5/31/2020 at 9:18 AM, Goetz1965 said:

But better order from LAzada, much cheaper.

Test it for lead first, though.

• Like 1