Jump to content

Getting a baby to the US


Recommended Posts

azaleah5

I was in Cebu last april 30,2013 and applied CBRA to my son out of wedlock to a US citizen.I went there 3 times to complete all the requirements but Mr. John did not ask for a DNA, he received my payment..the Consul had me signed the form and told me to wait 2 months for the US passport..I'm on a fiancee visa it will expire by june so I have to leave before my expiration date and I want to bring my son with me..What will I do?Is my Son's US passport application good to go or I still have to wait any approval from Manila?..please help..the time is fast approaching and my son is dependent on breastfeeding I want to prepare what to be done...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • USMC-Retired

    10

  • shadow

    7

  • azaleah5

    5

  • Headshot

    4

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Cebu Consulate verifies you've submitted the correct forms and forwards them to the embassy in Manila. The CRBA is (or is not) approved in Manila. Since you've submitted the paperwork I would call

NSO can be a feat in and of its self.  That takes 3 months and on a rush it takes 30 days.   I just see a DNA test forth coming.   How can you get ahead of that ball is what needs to be happening.   T

You have fallen into the black hole. Immigrant and fiancé/e visas cannot be extended. If the visa is not used within its period of validity, you must take it and the visa packet to the embassy for can

Headshot

Well, you already know that you waited longer than you should have to apply for your son's CRBA and passport. You might want to ask John what you should do. I'm not sure if babies need a visa to enter the US with their mother, but you need to find out for sure from John. If they baby doesn't require a visa, then quickly (use a travel agency like Destination Travel in SM Mall) get your son a Philippine passport. Using an agency will cost just a little more, but it will expedite the process at DFA. Good luck. When exactly does your visa expire in June? When was your baby born?

Link to post
Share on other sites
enoonmai

 

I was in Cebu last april 30,2013 and applied CBRA to my son out of wedlock to a US citizen.I went there 3 times to complete all the requirements but Mr. John did not ask for a DNA, he received my payment..the Consul had me signed the form and told me to wait 2 months for the US passport

The Cebu Consulate verifies you've submitted the correct forms and forwards them to the embassy in Manila. The CRBA is (or is not) approved in Manila. Since you've submitted the paperwork I would call them - Phone: 02 3012000 and follow prompts. They only answer between 2-4pm Mon-Fri, you may have to leave a message for a call back.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Thelandofku-an

Well, you already know that you waited longer than you should have to apply for your son's CRBA and passport. You might want to ask John what you should do. I'm not sure if babies need a visa to enter the US with their mother, but you need to find out for sure from John. If they baby doesn't require a visa, then quickly (use a travel agency like Destination Travel in SM Mall) get your son a Philippine passport. Using an agency will cost just a little more, but it will expedite the process at DFA. Good luck. When exactly does your visa expire in June? When was your baby born?

If you are stuck in Dumaguete the travel agent in the hotel lobby facing the park next door to Tops and Bottoms got my friends replacement passport, check what they can do for you?

 

Can Shadow facilitate this?

Edited by Thelandofku-an!
Link to post
Share on other sites
USMC-Retired

You are screwed.  Unless you get very very lucky.  

 

Couple of things are red flags:  Out of Wedlock Child, Fiance Visa approved,

 

Manila has the final say and it takes 4-6 weeks for them to approve or deny it.  Then you get 90 days from that date to correct the errors if denied.

 

 How was your son listed on your Fiance Visa?  Hope you did not list him as a US Citizen because he is not till the CRBA is approved.  That could create more issues.    

 

Why did you wait till your application was approved to apply for him?  That will send red flags all over the place and will surely result in a DNA test at St, Lukes.    So I would assume that they are going to require a DNA and your trip will be delayed.  Unless you leave him here and go alone and then wait the 2 years so you can travel back to get him.   This really in all honesty does not look good for you to travel in less then 45 days from now to the US with him.  I am no expert but common sense and an understanding of how the system works.  That alone tells me after 6+ years here it is not going to happen.

Edited by USMC-Retired
Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot

Well, Tim, there is another possibility...that the child hadn't been born when she was approved for her fiance visa, but that she was too far along in the pregnancy for the airlines to allow her to fly. There is no doubt that she is between a rock and a hard spot. I think she needs to go to the US consulate here in Cebu, explain her situation to John Domingo, and find out what her options are (if there are any options). I don't know what the embassy's rules are for a visa extension, but if an extension (on the time period for the fiance visa) is possible, NOW would be the time to apply for it. She needs to go talk to John and see if anything can be done. Unfortunately, John is on vacation at least part of this month. She needs to be at the US Consulate next week on May 16 or 17 (Thursday and Friday).  The Consulate will be in operation those two days. Otherwise, the only other alternative is to go to Manila and talk with a Consular Officer there (she may end up having to do that anyway after she visits the Consulate in Cebu. .

Edited by Headshot
Link to post
Share on other sites
USMC-Retired

To bad the Consulate in Cebu is closed the majority of the month.  Yes we do not know why she waited.  But you know as well as I do Headshot how things progress.   There are just red flags with out more info from her. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot

To bad the Consulate in Cebu is closed the majority of the month.  Yes we do not know why she waited.  But you know as well as I do Headshot how things progress.   There are just red flags with out more info from her. 

 

I agree. Like I said, she is between a rock and a hard spot. If she delayed in getting the baby's paperwork started (as we well know, you have to wait until there is an NSO certified birth certificate to apply for the CRBA), or if she could have flown to the US to have the baby but decided to have the baby here, then at least part of this was self-inflicted. However, to just despair and give up is certainly not the right choice. If she is going to go down, she at least has to try every angle possible to get herself out of this jam.

Edited by Headshot
Link to post
Share on other sites
USMC-Retired

NSO can be a feat in and of its self.  That takes 3 months and on a rush it takes 30 days.   I just see a DNA test forth coming.   How can you get ahead of that ball is what needs to be happening.   Then she needs go ahead and get that extension NOW!!!!!!!.  However the US citizen needs to be engaged heavily to get that extension.  It will just help.  

 

 

A consular officer can revalidate a K visa petition any number of times for additional periods of 4 months provided the officer concludes that the petitioner and beneficiary remain legally free to marry and continue to intend to marry each other within 90 days after the beneficiary’s admission into the United States.

To have the petition revalidated send a written request to the Embassy that includes a statement of your intention to go forward with the marriage.

Edited by USMC-Retired
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
smokey

i also think they will ask for a DNA many assume if cebu dont ask its not needed but i think cebu just forwards what they are giving and its out of their hands..

Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot

 

NSO can be a feat in and of its self.  That takes 3 months and on a rush it takes 30 days.   I just see a DNA test forth coming.   How can you get ahead of that ball is what needs to be happening.   Then she needs go ahead and get that extension NOW!!!!!!!.  However the US citizen needs to be engaged heavily to get that extension.  It will just help.  

 

A consular officer can revalidate a K visa petition any number of times for additional periods of 4 months provided the officer concludes that the petitioner and beneficiary remain legally free to marry and continue to intend to marry each other within 90 days after the beneficiary’s admission into the United States.

To have the petition revalidated send a written request to the Embassy that includes a statement of your intention to go forward with the marriage.

 

So there is her answer. She needs to contact the US Embassy in Manila as soon as possible (like tomorrow), and send a letter (as stipulated) to wherever they tell her. She needs to send the letter by courier (Air 21) to make sure it gets there. Do NOT trust PhilPost with this. Then, she needs to follow up at least once a week with a phone call to the embassy to check progress. She can check progress on the CRBA at the same time.  If they require a DNA test, then she will be taking her baby to St. Lukes in Ermita as soon as they tell her to. St. Lukes is the only place that the embassy will accept for taking a DNA sample. Then St. Lukes has to send the DNA samples to a lab in the US. If DNA is required, then the father will also have to go to a hospital in the US to have DNA taken.

Link to post
Share on other sites
USMC-Retired

I am not going to question your integrity however I will say if you petition to extend K-1 for the CRBA of the child you better be 100% sure that the child is his, there be zero doubt or room for error. Otherwise the whole application process will restart.   I wish you the best and the clock is ticking...

Edited by USMC-Retired
Link to post
Share on other sites
azaleah5

If you are stuck in Dumaguete the travel agent in the hotel lobby facing the park next door to Tops and Bottoms got my friends replacement passport, check what they can do for you?

 

Can Shadow facilitate this?

 

 

If you are stuck in Dumaguete the travel agent in the hotel lobby facing the park next door to Tops and Bottoms got my friends replacement passport, check what they can do for you?

 

Can Shadow facilitate this?

my visa will expire by july 7 and baby was born last september 14,2012

Link to post
Share on other sites
azaleah5

You are screwed.  Unless you get very very lucky.  

 

Couple of things are red flags:  Out of Wedlock Child, Fiance Visa approved,

 

Manila has the final say and it takes 4-6 weeks for them to approve or deny it.  Then you get 90 days from that date to correct the errors if denied.

 

 How was your son listed on your Fiance Visa?  Hope you did not list him as a US Citizen because he is not till the CRBA is approved.  That could create more issues.    

 

Why did you wait till your application was approved to apply for him?  That will send red flags all over the place and will surely result in a DNA test at St, Lukes.    So I would assume that they are going to require a DNA and your trip will be delayed.  Unless you leave him here and go alone and then wait the 2 years so you can travel back to get him.   This really in all honesty does not look good for you to travel in less then 45 days from now to the US with him.  I am no expert but common sense and an understanding of how the system works.  That alone tells me after 6+ years here it is not going to happen.

Actually, I never thought of any problems not until i was able to read this site. I was confident that I will have it easy since my application for US passport and CRBA were accepted and Mr. John just told me to wait for 2 months to have it on hand but never said about approval or denial.

 

yes, I listed him as dependent on my fiance visa

 

I believed I can't apply my son not until i gave him birth since I need his birth certificate..It so sad to hear that it won't be easy but thanks a lot for your honesty at least I would be able to get ready in case I won't be able to travel with my little boy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
azaleah5

To bad the Consulate in Cebu is closed the majority of the month.  Yes we do not know why she waited.  But you know as well as I do Headshot how things progress.   There are just red flags with out more info from her. 

I guess I have to travel to Manila to be more informed about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..