my experience at BOI Manduane for exit clearance cetificate

throttleplate

I traveled to Cebu to visit my expat friend and also mainly to get ecc for tourist visa past 6 months stay as I am in month 12, Iloilo city does not have authority to issue one.I arrived in Cebu Tuesday night and on wed morning I find out its labor day and govt is closed.On Thursday I go to the new boi in giasiano mall mactan as friend lives in lapu lapu but the mactan office only does visa renewals so now on the way to manduane.

Arrive at 9.am and the place is standing room only,i get in a line and quickly I am handed the ecc paperwork from a big fat dude whom was very informative in answering my questions.It took me 2 minutes to fill out paperwork and then back in line to fat man and gave him my passport and 3 pictures with paperwork I filled out,again very quick line only a couple minutes both times.He didn't need any of my passport stamp receipts or proof of airline ticket on date leaving because I was not over stayed to this point,if I was a to date overstayer then airline flight out and stamp receipts will be needed.

He took my passport and ecc and took them to processing and soon I was called to see the cashier and paid her total of 500php and then I sat down again and later was called to get fingerprinted and then sat down and then at the 2 hour mark I was called to processing window and handed my completed  and approved ecc.

I rate this experience as a grade A,the day after labor day and a packed house and 2 hours was painless.I did witness some bad anger by one expat,he was wearing slippers and was told to exit the building but he got pissed and he was pointing out others at their footwear including guys wearing crocs with no socks and assorted sandals with no socks and he then went outside and came back in with a armed guard and went to certain individuals and pointed at their shoes and then pointed out that the ladies had slippers on albeit they were nice fashion slippers but slippers they were but according to the guard woman are allowed to wear slippers.

The dude then went out and I guess rented some shoes cause he came back in and did his extension,Other guys were so loud in explaining their problem to whomever was dealing with them as if they talked as though they were screaming at them and from what I could make out it had to do with overstaying and someone other than them fecked it up so they pleaded. 

• Like 3
johnboy999

Exactly the same as my experience when I went in for a ECC on Friday 26th April. Funnily enough, mine also took 2 hours so maybe that's just how long they take in there to process the ECC. Just to clarify one point for anyone reading in, when you say fingerprinted, they actually only take your thumb prints. I was expecting to pay more as that's what I'd read in other threads previously, but I can also confirm the total cost was 500php for mine too

• Like 1
A_Simple_Man

Thanks for the report.  I am pleased to hear it is still only 500 pesos.  I looked at the poster on the wall last visit and it said something about extra fees that bring the cost up to 1200 pesos for the ECC.  Maybe that is in the cards for the future?  Or is that the cost for the ones on a 13a?

USMC-Retired

what color is the background for the ECC picture?

SkyMan

Maybe that is in the cards for the future? Or is that the cost for the ones on a 13a?

ECCs for 13As are done only at the airport unless that's changed since my last exit.

You have a 13A.  No pictures, just go to the airport early.

USMC-Retired

Thanks to my marriage license I am on a tourist visa and have been forever.  So I need to exit now and come back on BB.  So I stop paying fees.  So I need the picture just I want to know if the back ground is blue or white.

• Like 1
Dolsos

Thanks to my marriage license I am on a tourist visa and have been forever.  So I need to exit now and come back on BB.  So I stop paying fees.  So I need the picture just I want to know if the back ground is blue or white.

Can you do that?  I thought BB the pinay had to be out of the country for a year to qualify, or do they just not enforce the requirements strictly?  

USMC-Retired

They do not enforce it.  As long as your wife and you go together and come back together.  

Edited by USMC-Retired
johnboy999

Thanks for the report.  I am pleased to hear it is still only 500 pesos.  I looked at the poster on the wall last visit and it said something about extra fees that bring the cost up to 1200 pesos for the ECC.  Maybe that is in the cards for the future?  Or is that the cost for the ones on a 13a?

I'm on a tourist visa, so that might be entirely true. On my receipt, the only charge showing was the express lane fee. I did some research on here before I went to the BOI in Mandaue so that I was prepared and I found a thread from 2008 which had some correct information but one post was definitely very wrong....

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/8374-emigration-clearance-certificateexit-visa/?p=72505

On this, he claimed that the ECC is 3 pages long and that on his one pages 2 and 3 were blank so they denied him boarding. I can tell you this is absolutely NOT true. The ECC is a single piece of paper with your photograph attached and your thumb prints and looks similar to the certification you get on a visa extension to say you're not on the blacklists etc

On the pictures I used, the background was white. Just 3 standard passport photos is all they specify

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I wonder what they do with all these pictures. Surely nothing of any sense.

Yes for 13a holders just turn up at the airport. At NAIAA proceed directly to the immigration cashier window before standing in immigration line.

I just left a week ago and I am positive I could hav avoided the travel tax. As I was checking in for my flight I sebt my wife over to pay both our travel tax. She came back telling me they said "no need". I was sure it would causea problem somewhere along the line so I went over there myself and paid the tax. Nobody along the way asked me for proof I paid it. The airline asked for my wife's only. At immigration I was chatting with the girl stamping us out anyway so I asked her why she didnt ask me for it and she said it was the airline's responsibility. There is no computerization with thr travel tax like immigration so I doubt it would b caught upon return. And the immigration girl smiled when I asked about it. So...

Edited by Monsoon
USMC-Retired

Can you do that?  I thought BB the pinay had to be out of the country for a year to qualify, or do they just not enforce the requirements strictly?  

I just returned from Singapore and have BB stamp in my passport.  Cebu Pacific gave me a hard time in Singapore they wanted me to purchase an onward ticket.  However after a few mins they caved and I was on my way.  

Dolsos

I just returned from Singapore and have BB stamp in my passport.  Cebu Pacific gave me a hard time in Singapore they wanted me to purchase an onward ticket.  However after a few mins they caved and I was on my way.  

I assume your wife was with you?  Did immigration give you any issues or just stamp and go?

USMC-Retired

Yes the wife was with me.  No immigration was easy.  Just gave them both passports and forms filled out.  They asked one question from the both of us (how was your vacation).    Then gave us the stamp and out the door.  Really pleasant and nice.  

Edited by USMC-Retired