Western scammer?

USMC-Retired

It seems to me that they did a lot for him  .  They fed him and flew him twice- all the way from Toledo to Alabama

I'm sure he managed to get to Toledo all by himself tho !!  There is no cure for stupity . 

Toledo city Cebu Philippines.  Just so we are all clear.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• JamesMusslewhite

• jme

• udonthani

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two guys recently came up to me looking for assistance  and a  place to live.   I told them to beat it and to get a job .  My wife got mad at me for being so rude to her pa and bro... (dog house  time

whats up with the just go to the embassy and they will help you ??? Has anyone ever tried that ?   It sounds so easy like you show up and they punch the airline booking and you pick your seat and whal

strangers helping ........ taking a chance ...... once i was stationed in foot hood texas and another fellow trooper asked me to ride with him to alabama for the weekend to see his GF i went and he le

Buko Beach

I met a guy just past the check out, in the supermarket in the basement of Ayala quite a while ago.  I spotted him looking at me, and starting his approach, I could almost see what was coming.  Anyway he started with 'Are you an American' - and when I answered quite firmly 'No' he shrugged his shoulders and walked on.

He was an American.  At the time there was a guy fitting this description, who was begging with a sob story about a business he was in that went belly up.  I don't remember the details.  He was clearly targeting fellow Americans.

You never read about guys like this going into a restaurant and asking for a free meal - but hey ho, not my business.

Sky,

This is the same guy who came up to me and asked for cash  !! He opened with the same line... and that was atleast two years ago. Geessh he's still begging scamming.

• Like 1
smokey

It's illegal to give money to a beggar in the PI

Yep, buy them bread with it

At least you will know the ring leader won't get his cut

its also illegal to jay walk and to park in a no parking zone and to pick up passengers outside of a assigned area so if you want to use the law as a reason make sure you follow all the laws

• Like 2
Bill H

whats up with the just go to the embassy and they will help you ??? Has anyone ever tried that ?   It sounds so easy like you show up and they punch the airline booking and you pick your seat and whalla on your way ... i am sure its a long process...   does anyone remember the movie... planes trains and automobiles.. funny but just one mess after another now think a foreign country i am just glad i have not had to face the embarrassment of begging from total strangers , whats funny is most of the guys in here would not think twice about sending money to some girl they meet on line but scream at 50 peso some foreigner is in their mind trying to scam 

Yes the US embassy will help you.  They will even fly you home, but if you don't pay them back, you never get another passport to leave again.  That's the catch for any help they render.  Of course if you are truly broke, how would you get to Manila to get to the embassy?  I'm not sure if the local Consulate would help you with that or not.

SkyMan

There was a guy from Alabama that was stranded here in Toledo City. He went to the Embassy for assistance. If that is what you call it. Basically they called 5 or 6 people and asked if they could help him. Which every single one said no. It took about a week. They provided him with airfare back to the US. Not to Alabama but to LA where he will have seek additional assistance. He hung around broke and homeless for a couple of weeks till they got him a trip home. That is all they did for him.

Sounds like over $1000 of US taxpayer debt if you ask me, I'd say that's helping him above and beyond.  If I was stupid enough to get destitute in a foreign country I'd damn happen to get dumped in the nearest US city for free.  No, they didn't fly him to Alabama and no they didn't fly him first class. Too bad.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1

there has been a guy from America very southern Alabama or new orlens or whatever voice, been hanging around Ayala and mango for a few years. Not sure if he is still there, last seen him over 6 months ago in SM and tells everyone he is waiting for his check. He is well built and early 50's. There is about 10 threads I have seen on this forum about this guy, everyone thinks its a new yanky begger but I think it's the same one, I'm surprised people still think it's a new one.....

• Admin (Retired)
broden

all in all if i was going to be a begger i'd rather be doing it in miami .. better pay scale and nice enough weather.. or NYC and winter in miami 

Runian

I'v met him many times in ayala. PPL here tell him to get a job, well he has one : getting money from goodhearted foreigners ! First time he chat me up he was robbed and gf just given birth, a few weeks later a new robbery and fresh baby :ROFLMAO:

BossHog

He's obviously an amateur.

A pro would rent a little Badjao infant and apply whitening cream until it passed as mestizo.

Gotta try your best in life no matter what your calling is.

• Like 1
smokey

i just have to put this on my list of fun things to do in the tropics..... become a beggar  high pay ... 

• Like 2

you could make quite a bit if you had no care of what people think of you and don't mind feeling like the lowest of the lowest... If you can take in 2,000 pesos per foreigner and do 10 a day (for 20,000 per day) then that is enough to live quite comfortable there.

smokey

you could make quite a bit if you had no care of what people think of you and don't mind feeling like the lowest of the lowest... If you can take in 2,000 pesos per foreigner and do 10 a day (for 20,000 per day) then that is enough to live quite comfortable there.

:yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo: i think your math is a little off it should read ... IF you can take in 20 peso per foreigner and do 10 a day for 200 per day you can live quite comfortable there /////    you could go to mandue and rent a large cardboard box to sleep on and just gaze at the stars ... does it get any better then that

Edited by smokey
  • Like 1
Thelandofku-an

there has been a guy from America very southern Alabama or new orlens or whatever voice, been hanging around Ayala and mango for a few years. Not sure if he is still there, last seen him over 6 months ago in SM and tells everyone he is waiting for his check. He is well built and early 50's. There is about 10 threads I have seen on this forum about this guy, everyone thinks its a new yanky begger but I think it's the same one, I'm surprised people still think it's a new one.....

Maybe the same guy who approached me twice with different stories over the years, think he's living near 

JCentre Mall, lower AS Fortuna.

Doesn't look  like "bandage man" unless he's really cleaned up??

His "mo" is to spot you entering a store and bushwack you, he wears washed-out shirts and pants, with sockless moccasins, called himself David Martin, which I somehow doubt?

My "mo" was to leave the store and wait, he left without the purchases he had been holding as "props"!

To his credit he recognized me as a tight-fisted Scot and did not ask for money!

Edited by Thelandofku-an!
smokey

Maybe the same guy who approached me twice with different stories over the years, think he's living near 

JY Mall, lower AS Fortuna.

Doesn't look  like "bandage man" unless he's really cleaned up??

His "mo" is to spot you entering a store and bushwack you, he wears washed-out shirts and pants, with sockless moccasins, called himself David Martin, which I somehow doubt?

My "mo" was to leave the store and wait, he left without the purchases he had been holding as "props"!

To his credit he recognized me as a tight-fisted Scot and did not ask for money!

maybe he noticed you checking him out a little too close and figured you were going to want to bargain