Western scammer?

Last night as I about to entry Robinson fuente I was approached by a American who started a conversion , as I ve just moved here I welcomed the chance to make new westerner friends , as the conversion went on he went on to tell me about his hard story and how he and he's heavily pregnant wife have lost everything and livinf on the street ,no disrespect to the locals , but seeing westerns with this problem I was about to hand over a few thousand to help him out , then I offered him and his wife a bed at my place which he diclined, so after that I quickly ended the conversion and got out of there thankfully with my money stil in wallet.

Has anyone encounted this fellow before ???

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• JamesMusslewhite

• jme

• udonthani

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two guys recently came up to me looking for assistance  and a  place to live.   I told them to beat it and to get a job .  My wife got mad at me for being so rude to her pa and bro... (dog house  time

whats up with the just go to the embassy and they will help you ??? Has anyone ever tried that ?   It sounds so easy like you show up and they punch the airline booking and you pick your seat and whal

strangers helping ........ taking a chance ...... once i was stationed in foot hood texas and another fellow trooper asked me to ride with him to alabama for the weekend to see his GF i went and he le

Buko Beach

I dunno if it's the same guy or not, but several years back I encountered an American guy 'down on his luck' who was hitting up any foreigner that came within yelling distance out front of Robinsons fuente. He was filthy and looked every bit the part of a guy who sleeps on the street. He told me how he lost his passport, that he was stranded and down on his luck. He laid the story on thick. I told him to go to his embassy and they would help him. The guy cringed and held his hand out and I told him to get a job, that if he really needed help there were lots of places he could work for food. He got upset at me lol and followed me down the street increasing his bola boloney story trying to tug at my heart strings.

At one point I could smell alcohol and I told him that he was a worthless alcoholic and that any money I gave him would be used to buy his next bottle. Once he realized I would never give him any cash he stopped and yelled at me saying how cruel and mean I was to leave him stranded and on and on. Total scumbag.

panther

I think he,s been through us all at some point lol me twice 

smokey

Last night as I about to entry Robinson fuente I was approached by a American who started a conversion , as I ve just moved here I welcomed the chance to make new westerner friends , as the conversion went on he went on to tell me about his hard story and how he and he's heavily pregnant wife have lost everything and livinf on the street ,no disrespect to the locals , but seeing westerns with this problem I was about to hand over a few thousand to help him out , then I offered him and his wife a bed at my place which he diclined, so after that I quickly ended the conversion and got out of there thankfully with my money stil in wallet.

Has anyone encounted this fellow before ???

so did he ask you for money or was he just talking ?

Headshot

He used to wear a bandage around his head and talk about how he had been beaten up and robbed (passport gone). I guess he's been told enough times that his embassy or consulate can get him a new passport that he has given up that tack. The two places you are likely to see him are in the Fuente Circle / F. Ramos area and outside in the Terraces area of the Ayala Mall. It's funny how he never asks for help from Filipinos...even rich ones.

Dolsos

Anyone know his story?  May be some interesting backstory to this.

smokey

yes he is broke so therefore we dont like him .... also he is dirty so therefore we also dont like him even more...maybe we should save our uneaten fast food and when we see him drop it at his feet and move quickly so he dont talk to us in public or the locals will think we are like him... 

• Like 1
Headshot

Anyone know his story?  May be some interesting backstory to this.

Which story would you like. He has lots of stories.

• Like 2
Davaoeno

Which story would you like. He has lots of stories.

There are 8 million stories in the naked city !!  Just chose the one that most appeals to you !!

The bloke I encounted last night was fairly clean cut , didn't look homeless , but if you have no money and pregnant wife would the first thing you do is go back to USA earn some money and sent back ??? Yes he did ask for money

tokyoman

they always seem to be Americans. I don't remember coming across even one who wasn't.  http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/27541-american-beggar-on-fields/

I ran into a British guy sleeping on the streets in Makati once

Never asked me for anything and I told him to go to the UK embassy and get his ass back to the UK where he will be fed and looked after.

He told some story about his UK passport being expired and all that.......red tape etc

I always thought that the UK government would fly you back if in hardship (loan ofcourse)

I saw him again 10 days later and asked him what it is like to live on the streets

He said his biggest concern is about being killed by other homeless....some of the Pinoy homeless think he has MONEY apparently

• Like 1
smokey

The bloke I encounted last night was fairly clean cut , didn't look homeless , but if you have no money and pregnant wife would the first thing you do is go back to USA earn some money and sent back ??? Yes he did ask for money

oh yes easy ans....but alas how does one go back to the usa ,,, find a place to live... a job etc without money?    i moved back to the usa and it cost me about 16,000 us...  cheap , car  no money down house... furniture, tv,, turn on utilities etc... i guess he could ask the embassy for a ticket and just find a place under a bridge for a while... i am just happy i am not him

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

oh yes easy ans....but alas how does one go back to the usa ,,, find a place to live... a job etc without money?   

first get to cuba

then swim

I did offer the so called homeless guy a bed and place to sleep , surely if he was for real , I would of jumped at the chance for a bed and hot shower