Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Folder Attributes Changed?

Paul

Okay, I screwed the pooch.  I didn't intend on ticking the check box next to "Hidden", on a couple (yes, two) of folders on a Micro SD card. But, I did. It apparently hid the folders. Now, I am unable to "unhide" them?

Can anyone tell me how to go about by doing this, please?

To clarify, in folder (memory card) L:, I have sub folders that are now hidden, which I am unable to view. How can I view them, please?

presbo

Assuming you have your SD Card plugged into a USB slot on a Windows 7 computer, highlight the assigned drive of the SD Card in Windows Explorer. Then click on the Organize tab, Folder and search options. Go to View tab and the is a radio button under Hidden files and folders which controls showing and hiding files, folders and drives. Hope that's what you need.

SkyMan

After a new Windows install, one of the first things I do is go through the windows explorer options and uncheck any option to Hide anything and check any option to Show anything.  :)

I also make sure the recycle bin never asks for confirmation.

Edited by SkyMan

miles-high

Connect your memory card to Win7:

Go to Start -> Type "folder options" (on search window) -> Open it and Click "View"

You will see "Hidden files and folders" -> Click "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" -> Click OK

Go to "Computer" and click open your memory card

You will see the hidden folders -> Right click on those folders you like them to be visible, go to "Properties" and uncheck "Hidden" -> Click OK

Once your folders are unhidden, repeat the above and click "Don't show hidden files, folders, or drives" to hide non-essential items.

Hope this helps. :)

Edited by miles-high

Paul

Sorry. It's in a Android hand computer.