What is typical cost of Concrete Driveway?

ILoveCyrus

I've looked for topic but could not find a specific one on this subject....sorry mods.

Anywho....I'm going to need concrete poured with rebar reinforcement for a driveway and front porch area.  What would be the typical cost of such project per sq. foot or sq. meter...?

As you know, we aren't made of MONEY and budgets are tight.  I need cheap but quality work (is that an oxymoron?)

thanks guys.....

Ozepete

Best if you are where they deliver pre-mix. Driveway should be 100mm thickness so each 10 sq meters is a cubic meter. Find out the area in meters, divide by ten then you have the cubic meters needed. Contact the pre-mix company for a quote to supply XX meters to your lot. Acquire the reinforcing mesh or bars, boxing, a good concrete layer with helpers and then you're next move is to prepare and pour. Most important: supervise the job!!  (The pre-mix is likely to be about p8K a cubic meter delivered)

SkyMan

Driveway should be 100mm thickness so each 10 sq meters is a cubic meter.

That's probably twice what is necessary for typical passenger cars and definitely for a porch.  If the ground is properly prepared and the slab reinforced, 2 inches would suffice. 

(The pre-mix is likely to be about p8K a cubic meter delivered)

I called CSi and they quoted p4050/m^3 for 3000psi and p4650/m^3 for p5000 psi.  Their small trucks carry 5.5 m^3 and the large trucks 9.5  I think they charge extra for a smaller load. 

1 m^3 of concrete would cover 20m^2 5cm thick or 2m wide 10m long.

Unless your patio and driveway are large I'd opt for hand mixing or perhaps renting a gas/diesel mixer.

ILoveCyrus

That's probably twice what is necessary for typical passenger cars and definitely for a porch.  If the ground is properly prepared and the slab reinforced, 2 inches would suffice.  I called CSi and they quoted p4050/m^3 for 3000psi and p4650/m^3 for p5000 psi.  Their small trucks carry 5.5 m^3 and the large trucks 9.5  I think they charge extra for a smaller load. 

1 m^3 of concrete would cover 20m^2 5cm thick or 2m wide 10m long.

Unless your patio and driveway are large I'd opt for hand mixing or perhaps renting a gas/diesel mixer.

Ok, so this is the approx size of my project.........9m X 11m at about 2 inches thick with good rebar foundation.  That is 99sq meters.  What will that cost me with labor for workers.....?  Help a brother out now......plz

SkyMan

Well, that would be about 5m^3 so a 5.5m^3 would give you some extra and run about 22K from CSi.  If you need the Cement super flat CSi can provide an experienced crew (with power float and other tools and lots of experience) and may advise you differently on the thickness/amount of rebar/etc.  If some or all of the slab is hard to access they can rent a pumper along with the mix to pump it over the house into the backyard or whatever.  They might even send out a rep to tell you what you need and the costs.

http://www.concretesolutions.com.ph/

Of course there are other concrete contractors so shop around.

SkyMan

Or if you don't need super flat, I did a slab about half the size of yours.  With the forms and rebar in place it took about half a day with a mixer to pour it.  I think we used 15 bags of concrete, ~p3K, most of a pile of sand and rock, ~p700 ea.  Then hiring 3 guys for the day.  Hand smoothed and fairly flat but not perfect.  Might be good enough for tile though.

ILoveCyrus

you say tile...?  I'm not going for any fancy tile.  Just a driveway and a front yard.  For vegetation, I will just put some potted plants and shrubs later on.