To the business owners: How do you pay your employees? Cash, Check, Bank Transfer?

bepresentnow

bepresentnow

What is the most convenient way for you to pay your employees?

What is customary at the call centers and other offices here?

Currently doing the cash thing, not really safe or professional as I'm paying twice a month.

Thanks a lot!

SkyMan

What is customary at the call centers and other offices here?

I know of one guy that worked for a call center and they gave him some kind of a BDO prepaid MasterC or something.  That's probably the best way to do it as far as your employees are concerned.  My MIL is a security guard at Colonnade Super Market downtown.  Everybody has to come to the store on the Friday Payday and stand in line waiting for them to count out the cash for each.  Even if it's your day off.  Of course everyone knows it's payday and now you walk out on Colon with your pay in your pocket.  Real nice. 

Currently doing the cash thing, not really safe or professional as I'm paying twice a month.

Are you paying every two weeks?  Figuring income tax/SSS/Phil Health/etc?
Knowdafish

My brother-in-law works for a local ice company and gets paid through a Metrobank debit card once a month. The company set it up for him. The 1st month was the toughest, but they are doing very well now. 

I have been researching this a little bit too for an upcoming business.

I am considering payoneer mastercard debit cards.

http://www.payoneer.com/

Many of the freelance job sites like elance and odesk that some filipinos use for online work pay through them.

bepresentnow

Spoke to a bank and was told the most simplest and cheapest way is to have the employee setup a saving atm account with the same bank that you have, takes 10 minutes with their TIN & any government issued ID.

Then just fill out an over the counter transfer (free) and have your helper take these forms to the bank every pay period to have them process it. You don't need to be at the bank. 

No checks, no handing out cash.

• Like 1
mabutiman

Spoke to a bank and was told the most simplest and cheapest way is to have the employee setup a saving atm account with the same bank that you have, takes 10 minutes with their TIN & any government issued ID.

Then just fill out an over the counter transfer (free) and have your helper take these forms to the bank every pay period to have them process it. You don't need to be at the bank. 

No checks, no handing out cash.

Yes thats the way we did it way back in 1995 for over 100 employees ....worked fine for almost 20 years ....first thing we did when they were hired was to set up an account in their name with our bank ....each employee had his own atm card ...all was handled by our messenger with a company wages check every 2 weeks for most ...but labourers were paid weekly .... office staff every 2 weeks ....

Knowdafish

I have been researching this a little bit too for an upcoming business.

I am considering payoneer mastercard debit cards.

http://www.payoneer.com/

Many of the freelance job sites like elance and odesk that some filipinos use for online work pay through them.

What fees do they charge?