Your guard dog(s) desired vs. P.I. landlords T & C "no pets"

questsea73

On all the ads for Cebu/Davao I have looked at closely for "apt. or house for rent" in the online listings on the most popular sites if the ad is in detail I see the note "no pets".

Do Filipino landlords...at least for residential houses.....waive this requirement normally if the prospective tenant states he must have a dog for security purposes?

When is a Pet not a Pet?

Ken

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Davaoeno

• hyaku

• Skywalker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no excuse - The Dog whisperer is here on Discovery channel!  

common i hate dogs barking no stop for nothing, the street are full of them yes a pet hes good but you have too train them how many dogs here have been train properly in useful manners

I like the show but it's really not so much about training dogs as correcting problem dogs bad behaviors.  And actually it's more about teaching unstable owners to be stable so their dogs are stable.

Skywalker

It's possible that other tenants just don't want to deal with the noise of a barking dog, or possible injury to their children?  

Most Filipinos who have anything of value generally have guns!

smokey

It's possible that other tenants just don't want to deal with the noise of a barking dog, or possible injury to their children?  

Most Filipinos who have anything of value generally have guns!

we have 4 dogs and a gun and have never had anything stolen in 7 years except for inside jobs .... 

Edited by smokey
Skywalker

Don't you also have an ex-United States Marine in situ?   :yahoo:

• Like 1
ellenbrook2001

common i hate dogs barking no stop for nothing, the street are full of them yes a pet hes good but you have too train them how many dogs here have been train properly in useful manners

• Like 2
ed villas

how many dogs here have been train properly in useful manners

is this a trick question? :yahoo:

seriously very few have ever given their pet any sort of training. much less proper care and love that 1 on a 1st world country would give,

• Like 1
Skywalker

There is no excuse - The Dog whisperer is here on Discovery channel!   :regler:

• Like 4
smokey

Don't you also have an ex-United States Marine in situ?   :yahoo:

he never comes up stairs , we live by the golden rule.... do unto others as you would have them do unto you .... or dont get mad get even 

• Like 1
RogerDuMond

i hate dogs barking no stop for nothing,

Get a bullmastiff the breed usually doesn't bark until it is too late for the intruder. People here are afraid of my little 4 month old female just because she is 16 kilos.

From things I have read here in the past, many landlords will accept a dog even though the advertisement says no pets.

Edited by RogerDuMond
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

yeah usually the bigger the dog the less the bark

SkyMan

There is no excuse - The Dog whisperer is here on Discovery channel!   :regler:

I like the show but it's really not so much about training dogs as correcting problem dogs bad behaviors.  And actually it's more about teaching unstable owners to be stable so their dogs are stable.

Like, hey lady, you need to walk your dog an hour a day.  What, you mean I can't lock my greyhound in a two room apartment all day and expect him to be stable?

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2
smokey

i think the fear of dogs is not in the size of the dog to the locals but the mystery of will i get rabies and die painfully in one week.... everyone knows of someone who died of rabies after being bite by a stray and not having the 25,000 peso for the shots... native dogs scare bad guys 

• Like 1
ellenbrook2001

Get a bullmastiff the breed usually doesn't bark until it is too late for the intruder. People here are afraid of my little 4 month old female just because she is 16 kilos.

From things I have read here in the past, many landlords will accept a dog even though the advertisement says no pets.

[/quote

here where we live no pet at all.but the lady guard here hes the dog what a big mouth you can heard shouting on her cellphone or have her musique very loud never see that before from a guard then every week for her day off shes do the normal day shit plus all the night so shes sleep you have too wake up her if you want too go out late at night cause all gate looked woww very funny

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I have a small indoor dog and already see that it's going to be tough finding a rental that does not say no pets. I was wondering if it's just the owner that doesn't want pets or if the entire condo building might not allow them. I found a nice place and it just said no pets without permission. I explain my situation and asked for permission. I was told we don't allow any pets, not even birds.

I often see where the postings online says no pets but that it is kid friendly. Give me a break. Kids can make more noise and do more damage than my little guy could even dream of.

No pets are allowed where I currently live. I told the landlord I would be responsible for damages (there never have been any) and if noise became a problem that I would fix it. I told her I would understand if she didn't want me to rent one of her units and that I would just have to go somewhere else. She just grinned and said no problem. Later found out that of the 9 units, 3 already had dogs.

• 3 months later...

i think the fear of dogs is not in the size of the dog to the locals but the mystery of will i get rabies and die painfully in one week.... everyone knows of someone who died of rabies after being bite by a stray and not having the 25,000 peso for the shots... native dogs scare bad guys 

600 bucks for a rabies shot?  You've got to be shitting me.  According to this: http://www.pia.gov.ph/news/index.php?article=1101363600835 'A rabies shot costs approximately P350, so victims would have to pay P700 per treatment.'

Edited by rayhigh