Online FX traders ?

Still trading after 8 years, love it. Used to trade other accounts in London, now trade part time for myself. All I can say is do your research and do lots of stats.

Cheers,

Daz

• Like 1
samatm

Still trading after 8 years, love it. Used to trade other accounts in London, now trade part time for myself. All I can say is do your research and do lots of stats.

Cheers,

Daz

Cheers,

Daz

What do you trade?   equities ?  FX ?   commodities,  Gold ... ?         Care to share a bit more about your experience?   Are you as stay at home online trader or what?  :) 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

nice thread. will be checking this more often.
iv'e been trading since last year and so far my trades are doing good.

samatm

Update:   I have been placing trades every day with my $50.00 account.   May/JUne was not kind to my  YEN dropping theory and I made one irrational trade late in the evening and it sunk me by the next morning when I had rechecked. I had lost  17.00 bucks.    I had placed a 1000. unit order from my 50.00 account and I received my first Margin call closeout which OANDA did automatically.     Bummer!    since then I have tracked the trends each day, made much smaller orders, am now on a winning streak.    My focus is on the USD/JPY paring and  I now have financial news feeds covering Japanese news and USD  news influencers.  I am now up from a $20.00 balance to over 26.00.   

this is just training .. If I am able to take this 26.00 and build it to  $100.00, I will add real cash to the account and begin using the same strategies on a  larger scale.  

Davaoeno

. If I am able to take this 26.00 and build it to  $100.00, I will add real cash to the account

I think that what is more important than your plan to build your $26 account to $100 is that your $26 account started off at $50 

samatm

I think that what is more important than your plan to build your $26 account to $100 is that your $26 account started off at $50 

51.75 to be precise.     Yes.  Its trial and error.    I made one trade without much consideration with no stop loss protection.   Won't make that mistake again.

sm.

Davaoeno

51.75 to be precise.     Yes.  Its trial and error.    I made one trade without much consideration with no stop loss protection.   Won't make that mistake again.

sm.

But of course you will - many times !!  Not because you are stupid- but because that is the nature of the game !!   Believe me , after doing this for over 20 years i can assure you that psychology plays a much bigger part than logic !! lol

Canuck Joe

Im new to this stuff

i dont know much about trading nor have much money to play with but i have found out Forex is the best cheapest way to send money and retain true value with out the bank gouging for exchange in BPI

Been holding off to send money to Phill until CAD trades higher to the PHP...it was over .42 just a week ago then dropped before i had a chance to set up account with these guys.

http://www.canadianforex.ca/?cid=206&kid=445&gclid=CIiXqfGK87YCFWNxQgod1gQAqA

Its sweet, i can pay direct from my CAD HSBC account.

any other tips?

Edited by Canuck Joe
Contango

Anyone wanting to trade FX probably needs to get an education in trend following, and momentum trading, especially the money management side of it...half the battle is in not losing large chucks of money, limiting your losses with stop loss orders...goes for a lot of other trading to.