Sign in to follow this  
smokey

a site that allows you to est. the cost of sending containers

Axel C

Cool site, Atlas quoted me $9,000 usd for a 20' container, the site you posted from Northern CA to Manila same size container $2,300

Big difference, not 100% sure why. Not quite door to door, they will pick up the container at my house but you have to get your stuff at the port in Manila or Cebu.

The reason for the price difference is - door to door they do all the paper work and taxes in manila - no need for a broker/forwarder.

We got a 20 f container from Denmark recently and there was a huge price difference in the offers we got. We choose the cheapest and did all the paper work and tax here our self. We also had to do the packing of the container in Denmark our self - and here unload our self. Some of the more expensive have these things included.

In the end it was cheaper for us to do that, but it did involve some work and logistic 

• Like 1

cogon88

If your sending a container to your address Its Cheaper to buy a last use container a 40 Footer is around 900 USD

I just imported some farm equipment from china the right from Shanghai China to Manila South port 650 USD freight from Manila to our Rice Mill on 2 Go was 125,000 Piso this is just one way 

If i did not own the container another 125,000 to return to Manila 

Sold the container for 125,000 after it was unloaded 

• Like 2

Ed1961

Sold the container for 125,000 after it was unloaded
~~~~~   smart man

Ozepete

There was an expat LinC member some years ago who ran a Cebu company involved if freight / container handling. He was very helpful but I cant remember his name or know if he is still around.

Maybe someone might remember him

Paul

There was an expat LinC member some years ago who ran a Cebu company involved if freight / container handling. He was very helpful but I cant remember his name or know if he is still around.

Maybe someone might remember him

He lived on luzon?

Ozepete

He lived on luzon?

Not 100% sure but I thought he was in Cebu. I corresponded with him on-line regards shipments to and from Cebu (via Singapore) and he seemed to know his stuff.