Sign in to follow this  
smokey

a site that allows you to est. the cost of sending containers

Lordblacknail

not much help if your going from Cebu to the US. There is no US in the choice of countries.

broden

didn't see canada either but you can ship to mexico

• Like 1

smokey

not much help if your going from Cebu to the US. There is no US in the choice of countries.

i have noticed that just like see if you can bring a pet from some countries to the usa its very very very hard .... guess the shippers don't want the hassle of dealing with having to follow the rules 

Wanabethere

Cool site, Atlas quoted me $9,000 usd for a 20' container, the site you posted from Northern CA to Manila same size container $2,300

Big difference, not 100% sure why. Not quite door to door, they will pick up the container at my house but you have to get your stuff at the port in Manila or Cebu.

contraman

but you have to get your stuff at the port in Manila or Cebu.

Thats when the huge charges start :idontknow:

• Like 2

Paul

Thats when the huge charges start :idontknow:

An additional $6,700 USD?

• Like 1

Mandingo

I looked at from the Port of Tacoma to Cebu for a high-cube 40' can and is was $2,816, pretty good price actually. From the Port of Tacoma to where I am in Alaska I pay around $4,000+ per dry 40' can and that is with a long term contract and shipping over 400 per year.

Headshot

didn't see canada either but you can ship to mexico

Maybe that is because their program is assuming that you are shipping a container "by sea" FROM the US.

Wanabethere

An additional $6,700 USD?

Ouch that is crazy money....

Paul

Ouch that is crazy money....

Exactly my point. It wouldn't cost anywhere near that, above the $2,300 USD, to get the container to its final destination.

Wanabethere

I just have a few items I want to ship over and a friend also was looking at splitting it. At $2,300 I am willing to split that and ship my 14' sea kayak plus my tool chests and 20 or so boxes, but to split $9K there just is no way to justify shipping y things.

• Like 1

Wanabethere

Has anyone picked up a container at a Philippine port and paid the fees? Wondering what that might actually cost?

RogerDuMond

Has anyone picked up a container at a Philippine port and paid the fees? Wondering what that might actually cost?

We paid $3400 to ship a 40' container from loading point in Florida to the port of Cebu.

Many will tell you that you need a Customs Broker to clear shipments through Customs at the port, but we acted as our own broker and saved quite a bit of money. At that time (2012) the rate we were quoted for a broker was 120,000 pesos and all the fees cost us right around 46,000 pesos. We have a stack of receipts that is almost one half inch thick. It was time consuming, but saved us 74,000 pesos. There was an attempt to get a few extra pesos by an inspector who said that if they inspected the container it would cost money to get a crew to unload and reload the container and take extra time. My wife said we have time, if you want to inspect it go ahead, He didn't feel like doing the extra work so he released it just by opening the doors and looking inside.

Edited by RogerDuMond
  • Like 2

smokey

The standard rate was suppose to be 1.000 peso a foot we got a 40 footer of household stuff out of Cebu for 82,000 peso... I just shipped a car last year and it was 2,300 us from HTX in Long beach California to manila all straight forward but once it gets here hold on to your wallet tight no one signs for free and it takes lots of signers to get cargo released

depends on what is in it and who your wife knows that can help you with the paperwork

• Like 1