Need to drill a water well

Hello,I am buying a small house in Compostela,cebu with no water supply to house.I want to get some estimates from people in this area to drill and install electric pump and pipes to the house,can anyone help me...thanks in advance for your help...John

Thelandofku-an

Hello,I am buying a small house in Compostela,cebu with no water supply to house.I want to get some estimates from people in this area to drill and install electric pump and pipes to the house,can anyone help me...thanks in advance for your help...John

I don't know what your ground structure is there; obviously compare prices for each meter of depth drilled?

If the ground is like Mactan stone (soft, whiteish-yellow) it can probably be drilled without a motorized drill rig!

Sounds like you need to store water in a tank, below ground is cool but requires a hand pump (for brownouts) or additional cheap electric pump to raise it up to your demand point.

Conversely, a tank on a tower (warm) works by gravity but needs to be high enough for showering using  1inch pipes (minimum) to your faucets which can "tee off" in 1/2 inch (faucet thread size).

I think the formula is each 10 metres (33 feet) height difference between shower head and tank floor equals 1 atu (14.75 lbs/sqinch) pressure. 

Edited by Thelandofku-an!

We just had a well put down for the family in Mactan, Not sure how deep it was, the wife says " it was deep " but that does not mean much LOL, I can find out more information from the boys if you would like, it cost us 12000 Peso including a hand pump...

SkyMan

This guy posted a series of like 30 videos on the construction of his house in Magay Compostela including some of the well drilling.  Maybe you can find him from the videos and find out who he used and what he paid.  If you need a deep well I know a driller in Liloan price is p350/ft including the drilling and install of the casing and pump but does not include the casing and pump, etc.

• Like 2
towboat72

we had a well drilled in compostela 3 years ago.drilled down to 93 ft hit good water.

then had a gould pump  for pumping up to tank then gravity flow to house.well is at the top of the hill so we have good pressure and water during power loss.

ill have to ask the wife what it cost .I think it took about 4 days to drill it. was drilled with trip hammer

• Like 1

This guy posted a series of like 30 videos on the construction of his house in Magay Compostela including some of the well drilling.  Maybe you can find him from the videos and find out who he used and what he paid.  If you need a deep well I know a driller in Liloan price is p350/ft including the drilling and install of the casing and pump but does not include the casing and pump, etc.

thanks...my wife say our house is not too far from that place,maybe we will contact the owner and ask him about the well and who his builders were..our house is incomplete and we need to have some work done

we had a well drilled in compostela 3 years ago.drilled down to 93 ft hit good water.

then had a gould pump  for pumping up to tank then gravity flow to house.well is at the top of the hill so we have good pressure and water during power loss.

ill have to ask the wife what it cost .I think it took about 4 days to drill it. was drilled with trip hammer

we live in Barangay Cogon,not so far from the main hi'way.yes I would like to know the cost and the name of the driller if you still have that info...thanks

I don't know what your ground structure is there; obviously compare prices for each meter of depth drilled?

If the ground is like Mactan stone (soft, whiteish-yellow) it can probably be drilled without a motorized drill rig!

Sounds like you need to store water in a tank, below ground is cool but requires a hand pump (for brownouts) or additional cheap electric pump to raise it up to your demand point.

Conversely, a tank on a tower (warm) works by gravity but needs to be high enough for showering using  1inch pipes (minimum) to your faucets which can "tee off" in 1/2 inch (faucet thread size).

I think the formula is each 10 metres (33 feet) height difference between shower head and tank floor equals 1 atu (14.75 lbs/sqinch) pressure. 

Thanks..your info will be helpful to me when I find someone to drill the well at a good price

SkyMan

thanks...my wife say our house is not too far from that place,maybe we will contact the owner and ask him about the well and who his builders were..our house is incomplete and we need to have some work done

I happened by that guy's place today and his isn't done yet either.  Lots of scaffolding still up and some of the finishing not done but I think they're living there.  I'll probably stop by to say hi in the next week or so.

towboat72

my wife says it cost us 20,000P to do the well im not sure what all that included

the well driller lives in lion she does not have a phone no but knows were he lives ,so she can put you in touch with him

we also live in cogon ,if you drive past the cemetery  then the school on left our house is next on left has red primer gates.if I could pm you id give you our phone no to call

• Like 1

Thanks,the house we bought is on the small dirt road cross from the cemetery headed south.my gf/wife to be has a friend that lives near you.....it would be nice to  know whats included for that price...thanks again

my wife says it cost us 20,000P to do the well im not sure what all that included

the well driller lives in lion she does not have a phone no but knows were he lives ,so she can put you in touch with him

we also live in cogon ,if you drive past the cemetery  then the school on left our house is next on left has red primer gates.if I could pm you id give you our phone no to call

towboat72

if you our wife or both go up to the house and talk to her she can show you what was done and give you a lot more info then I can .

she was born and raised in compostela so maybe the girls know each other or have mutual friends .here name is ledenia.

• Like 1

if you our wife or both go up to the house and talk to her she can show you what was done and give you a lot more info then I can .

she was born and raised in compostela so maybe the girls know each other or have mutual friends .here name is ledenia.

maybe this weekend we will take a walk to your place..my wife name is Estela and her friend's name that lives near your place is Luz......don't know here last name

John3150

maybe this weekend we will take a walk to your place..my wife name is Estela and her friend's name that lives near your place is Luz......don't know here last name

Thanks again....we were at your place today,met your wife,she was very helpful.we are going to get an estimate from the guy who drilled your well....Take care