Taking GF to US for Family Visit

Headshot

By whom? As long as they get married, the visa is good for two years a green card can be applied for, and it is renewable just like a spousal visa. If you are correct in that, it would explain somewhat the difference between their statistics and reality for people trying to get an actual tourist visa.

Edited by Headshot
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USMC-Retired

• Dolsos

• Headshot

• Monsoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's quite correct, Filipinos can thank their fellow countrymen and women for their denials not only in the US but elsewhere. China is getting hard to get visas now for Filipinos as well because the

Get tickets to Mexico. Pay someone to sneak the both of you across the border and she can stay as long as she wants. When caught, they will be happy to fly her back to the RP, compliments of the US ta

Here is the what the website says.       This is what the official word from a Senior US Senator written to me about getting a tourist visa.     Click Here

smokey

By whom? As long as they get married, the visa is good for two years a green card can be applied for, and it is renewable just like a spousal visa. If you are correct in that, it would explain somewhat the difference between their statistics and reality for people trying to get an actual tourist visa.

and how many AMERICANS did you see doing the interviews ?????    i dont think they have anything against you as an american they just dont want any of their fellow countrymen leaving them behind 

dc3driver

By USCIS, the US govt. agency that issues them.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

and how many AMERICANS did you see doing the interviews ?????    i dont think they have anything against you as an american they just dont want any of their fellow countrymen leaving them behind 

Actual consul is always an American. You will go through some local employees but ultimately be interviewed by an American.

smokey

Actual consul is always an American. You will go through some local employees but ultimately be interviewed by an American.

really well we did see an american women counsel and she was very helpful and listened to what we had to say then she left and the employee that came to take her place was a local who gave us lots of headache and many trips back and forth ...   Example we bring the annulment papers and her original marriage cert.. the guy sent us back to cebu to have the WORD annulment stamped on the original marriage cert...  Then we went back and same guy who knew we came from cebu says i want to see the transcript of the annulment to make sure YOU (my wife ) is not the crazy one... so another trip ... then by the time the physical was done and she had to do the spit test over and over to prove the shadow on her x ray was from a broken bone and not TB the 6 months and 3 days had passed  and she had to RE take the physical again as they are only good for 6 months ...Just a bunch of power hungry jealous employees 

Edited by smokey
  • Like 1
Headshot

By USCIS, the US govt. agency that issues them.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html

Thanks for that. It goes a long way toward explaining their statistical approval rates. Spousal AND fiance visas are almost always approved unless there are real known problems with the applicants. With a regular tourist visa, they can disapprove the visa without really looking at anything.