Sign in to follow this  
vguy

anyone know where to find vegemite

vguy

i had seen it in fooda mango and in ayalla supermarket , but now neither of those have it .Anyone seen it anywhere else ?

tobster

As an Aussie I cant believe you like that stuff but its at Rustans

vguy

the one in basement of ayala ? im pretty sure i looked there a month ago and they didnt but ill give it another go cheers !

mikejwoodnz

The  earthquakes in Christchurch, New Zealand, destroyed the Marmite Factory causing a run on Vegemite - stocks will be stable again shortly as the Marmite Factory is back in production. However the difference or otherwise between  Marmite and Vegemite is more than you need to know.

• Like 2

vguy

yeah thats my hometown , i did hear that actualy. theres definitly no susbstitute. fingers crossed

Thelandofku-an!

Gaisano stores seem to pass it around even they run as separate businesses, have seen maybe a dozen jars in Country Mall during the past year, Robinsons BTC nearby is worth a look cos they may sell-through slower?

Maybe you can buy the ingredients from San Mig Mandaue?

Edited by Thelandofku-an!

dc3driver

Why would anyone want to fine vegemite?

• Like 1

jme

However the difference or otherwise between Marmite and Vegemite is more than you need to know.

i prefer marmite, also vegemite is not very healthy as it has preservatives and a high salt count...
  • Like 1

mabutiman

Yes last week I found a whole shelf full of large and small jars ....Thai Huot Supamart ...99-105 Monivong Ave. Phnom Penh ...so sarap on my brown bread toast everymorning !!!

miles-high

I prefer Bovril, not that I have ever tried Vegemite/Marmite before… (In fact, I had to look them up in Wiki...)

Can you buy Bovril here in the Philippines? Adds flavor to certain dishes like veggie soup...

:)

Thelandofku-an!

the one in basement of ayala ? im pretty sure i looked there a month ago and they didnt but ill give it another go cheers !

You'll need to look hard, it may be in a different section than anticipated, go to the office and they can check 

inventory!

I have done this on occaision for various products in Ayala grocery, a winning smile helps a lot!

Edited by Thelandofku-an!

POTATOMAN

tinder box apparently

Headshot

Why don't you just have somebody in Australia send you a small BB Box full of vegemite and whatever else you are missing from home? I'll bet people in Australia can still find it. What is the shelf half-life on that stuff anyway? 50,000 years? How do you even know when something that normally tastes like crap goes bad?

:ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO:

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2

Paul

the difference or otherwise between Marmite and Vegemite is...

... that Vegemite is a LOT better.

Marmite tastes horrible in comparison.

• Like 2

Paul

How do you even know when something that normally tastes like crap goes bad?

When you can't see yourself in your chrome wheels after using it to shine them up. That's when you will know it isn't good any longer.

• Like 2