PapaRay

Ok came here 7mos ago on a 13a.  My concern is my wife has gone off the deep end since our return here and things are not going well.  Trying to work it out, but may not be able to.  Can she have my visa revoked?  Should I invest in the retirement visa?  Suggestions please just in case

Skywalker

From memory didn't you build a house here?  I assume it's in her name, with you also on the title?  This is something that happens quite often here.

I suspect more experienced members will quickly fill you in on your options.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

As it has been explained to me, the13A visa is very much at the pleasure of your wife. She can cause a problem with it.

Jim Sibbick

Ok came here 7mos ago on a 13a. Can she have my visa revoked?  Should I invest in the retirement visa?  Suggestions please just in case

Yes, she can have you revoked.

In my opinion, you should not invest in a retirement or any other visa until you have to

You can stay 2 years continuously as a tourist. Plenty of time to get a feel for what is going on.

BossHog

Hey Ray,

get on that new motorbike and come on up island. we'd be happy to listen to it and give what advice we can. hope to see you soon.

BH

• Admin (Retired)
broden

sorry to hear .. hope you can work things out

I don´t know if there is difference in 13A and 13G visa, but I have 13G and BI told me it for life, as long as I show up and pay the yearly fee of P300,-. Divorce will not change anything on that.

Headshot

I don´t know if there is difference in 13A and 13G visa, but I have 13G and BI told me it for life, as long as I show up and pay the yearly fee of P300,-. Divorce will not change anything on that.

A 13G is for a former Filipino who returns to live in the Philippines but who has not reapplied for Philippine citizenship. My question is why would anybody do that rather than just reapply for citizenship and never even need a visa.

With a 13A, if your marriage ends (through any means), then you lose your visa. As far as a legally married wife requesting that her husband's 13A visa be revoked, I don't know if that is actually possible.

SkyMan

Yes, she can have you revoked.

diid you me?  Cause either way you're right.  It's apparently fairly cheap to have someone revoked here.
dutchben

You can never lose the 13a iff you married in the filipines.

Only way to lose it is when you have legal divorce(in other country) and you wife reqesting by the bi to revoked.

Als long there is no legal divorce here you can never lose it

A 13G is for a former Filipino who returns to live in the Philippines but who has not reapplied for Philippine citizenship. My question is why would anybody do that rather than just reapply for citizenship and never even need a visa.

With a 13A, if your marriage ends (through any means), then you lose your visa. As far as a legally married wife requesting that her husband's 13A visa be revoked, I don't know if that is actually possible.

But with 13G you don´t lose your visa... and now she´s dual and I got my 13G...so quite clear why!

Headshot

But with 13G you don´t lose your visa... and now she´s dual and I got my 13G...so quite clear why!

Not to me. Were you a Philippine citizen at one time? If not, then you got your 13G because your spouse requested it...just like with a 13A visa. If a 13A visa for a foreigner can be revoked, then a 13G  visa (for the foreign spouse) can be revoked on the same grounds. The fact is that a foreigner cannot apply for either of these visas unless their Filipina spouse applies for it and sponsors him. Why would you think then end result would be any different between the two visas? If you are taking some official's opinion as law, then you may be disappointed at some point.

Edited by Headshot

Not to me. Were you a Philippine citizen at one time?

No, only my wife was former citizen, but I got same visa as her. She could not apply for dual in Mindanao and did not have time to go to Manila, so we just applied for 13G and then later for dual.

• 3 weeks later...
Durham

Only BI can revoke visas ;)

If you are on a 13a Provisional, she can cause trouble for you. Not necessarily revoke it, but it's possible. If you are a 13a Permanent, you are good for life. No matter what. Well, with the exception of committing some heinous crime.

I would assume you are a Temporary Permanent Resident. Which could give your wife some pull. However, worst case scenario, you can apply for a 13 visa. You don't need a wife for that. It's easy to get once you've already been a 13a.

13a Permanent status is not really a visa. You have life time Immigrant status in the Philippines. Just like green card holders do not need a visa to live in America. Life-time is life-time. In the US it's 2 years of marriage/residence in America. In the Philippines it's one year residence(with no checks to physical presence, ahem).

Only on Provisional Status. Permanent is permanent. Once you Immigrate, no one can take that away from you! Keep that in mind guys! BTW- have none of you watch Dayuhang Dukha??? 

Correct.

• Like 1
smokey

Ok came here 7mos ago on a 13a.  My concern is my wife has gone off the deep end since our return here and things are not going well.  Trying to work it out, but may not be able to.  Can she have my visa revoked?  Should I invest in the retirement visa?  Suggestions please just in case

its very hard to deport someone unless they are off the deep end...personal questions are best done in PM