500 PHP Forgeries

Yesterday at the market the trader refused my wife's new issue 500 PHP note which he claimed was a forgery.  It was indeed a forgery but it was not the same note that my wife tendered.  Obviously there had been some legerdemain but what could my wife do?  She brought the fake note home and I was able to confirm it was not the one she obtained from me that morning.

I realise these incidents have probably been reported here before but this is perhaps a timely reminder to maybe note the last three digits of any high denomination note tendered in less salubrious suroundings.

Edited by GoHuk
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GoHuk

• smokey

• KennyF

• Raven

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

pay your next traffic bribe with it....roll it up with a one Hundred. Salamat Noy.....Vroooooom!

PHP001.jpg   The note above is fake.  It is printed on slightly thinner paper.  Note also the smudging and fading of the ink, particularly the numerics in the bottom right-hand corner.   PHP002.jp

I got one out of an ATM machine a few weeks ago. Saving it for a taxi driver who refuses to turn on the meter.

Posted Images

SkyMan

They probably took it earlier, found out it was fake and blamed your wife.  Good thing to watch out for.

Edited by SkyMan
smokey

dang i have been on earth now 61 years and i have never touched a fake note am i missing something 

• Like 1

dang i have been on earth now 61 years and i have never touched a fake note am i missing something 

Open a Sari Sari Store and you get many...notes and coins... :biggrin_01:

smokey

Open a Sari Sari Store and you get many...notes and coins... :biggrin_01:

I dont want to worry SM 

• Like 1
easy44

Coins?  Who would bother faking a 5 or 10 peso coin?  Aside from the fact it would be very difficult to do, it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

smokey

Coins?  Who would bother faking a 5 or 10 peso coin?  Aside from the fact it would be very difficult to do, it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

why not with the locals and jeeps its a real hot seller 

Edited by Headshot
Removed duplicate quotes

If I post a picture of the note you could touch your screen.  Would that suffice? :fool:

... and yes there are fake coins around, we occasionally get one at the carinderia.

smokey

If I post a picture of the note you could touch your screen.  Would that suffice? :fool:

... and yes there are fake coins around, we occasionally get one at the carinderia.

cool make sure you write fake on the picture ..... 

Edited by Headshot
Removed duplicate quotes

Yes, many P5 coins fake

smokey

Yes, many P5 coins fake

maybe the work is subcontracted to china 

Canuck Joe

pay your next traffic bribe with it....roll it up with a one Hundred. Salamat Noy.....Vroooooom!

• Like 3

I dont want to worry SM 

As long as you don´t use a business name like SM OKEY OKEY... :frantic:   they will not worry.

• Like 1

cool make sure you write fake on the picture ..... 

post-14483-0-00881600-1366429535_thumb.jpg

The note above is fake.  It is printed on slightly thinner paper.  Note also the smudging and fading of the ink, particularly the numerics in the bottom right-hand corner.

post-14483-0-18355500-1366429655_thumb.jpg

The note above is genuine - direct from BSP.

Touch the top one, Smokey, and make a 61-year old dream come true.  B)

Edited by GoHuk
KennyF

Have they duplicated the upendicular woven in foil strip or simply printed it?

KonGC