Hello from Dumaguete!

Knowdafish

Knowdafish

Hi,

A little about me. Been living in the Dumaguete area for 1-1/2 years now and been to Cebu once in that time period. I think I like it better on Negros. I work online and do some aquaculture consulting now and then. Married with a 2 year old son. Life is good. What's up?

Paul

You''re up really late - or really early?

Either way, welcome to the forum.

Back in 2003, I lived in Dumaguete for about six months. That is the only city I ever actually lived in, outside of Cebu Province.

samatm

Welcome .    Aquaculture is interesting topic.     visited Duma once.  really enjoyed it!       Do you have your own Fish pond.   Tell more aout your  Aquacultre.   Perhaps start another thread.

:hi: ...and welcome from CdO City

shadow

Hi,

A little about me. Been living in the Dumaguete area for 1-1/2 years now and been to Cebu once in that time period. I think I like it better on Negros. I work online and do some aquaculture consulting now and then. Married with a 2 year old son. Life is good. What's up?

LOL, all the upset at DI drive you to a new platform?

Welcome

Welcome knowdafish,  greetings  from Cebu City

Was going to PM you regarding A/C but as a newbie priv. mes not allowed on this early stage.  

If you have time , can you email me on h j v 5 5 5 at g mail dot com

Cheers.

Edited by Hy H
Headshot

Welcome .    Aquaculture is interesting topic.     visited Duma once.  really enjoyed it!       Do you have your own Fish pond.   Tell more aout your  Aquacultre.   Perhaps start another thread.

Starting a new thread will be appreciated so the mods don't have to split it out. Welcome.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1
Knowdafish

You''re up really late - or really early?

Either way, welcome to the forum.

Back in 2003, I lived in Dumaguete for about six months. That is the only city I ever actually lived in, outside of Cebu Province.

Thank you! Up late. I work all night online, among other things. Internet is faster late at night, and it's quieter. I don't get interrupted as much either.

Knowdafish

:hi: ...and welcome from CdO City

Thank you!

Welcome .    Aquaculture is interesting topic.     visited Duma once.  really enjoyed it!       Do you have your own Fish pond.   Tell more about your  Aquaculture.   Perhaps start another thread.

Thanks. Yes, I also find it interesting. I've been into fish almost my whole life. I started keeping fish when I was 9 years old. I managed the

fish dept. of a very large pet store in S. California as a teenager and through college. Been an active member of a few fish clubs, and attended numerous fish conventions. (Who knew there was such a thing!) I've bred and kept all sorts of freshwater fish since then. I

managed the construction and maintenance of a few ponds back in California (central) and some more of the same on Negros, and lately

by long distance on a resort island off of Luzon. For the time being I only have one small (seasonal) pond of my own on our farm property.

It does extremely well for the 6 months or so it has water in it. It is more for fun than anything. If I did it for money I suppose I would have to put up a 4m high electric fence, a guard tower, and man eating dogs, to keep the neighbor kids out of it. My wife's family manage to eat or sell all of it's contents every year, so no complaints. 

As a side hobby (fish related of course!) I've fished from Alaska to Baja and have had my share of excellent, great-eating fish! 

You could easily call me a “fish geek” which would be accurate. Not to toot my own horn, but I've found that people that are rabidly enthusiastic about something, even if it is something obscure, and not something I am very interested in, make interesting friends.   

Knowdafish

Welcome knowdafish,  greetings  from Cebu City

Was going to PM you regarding A/C but as a newbie priv. mes not allowed on this early stage.  

If you have time , can you email me on h j v 5 5 5 at g mail dot com

Cheers.

Thanks! I will be emailing you. 

Knowdafish

LOL, all the upset at DI drive you to a new platform?

Welcome

No. I just want to broaden my horizons, make some new friends, and get a different round of opinions. hehe

towboat72

welcome and enjoy the forum  there is a lot of knowledge on here

Edited by towboat72
Knowdafish

welcome and enjoy the forum  there is a lot of knowledge on here

Thank you!