Sign in to follow this  
Half Baked

Another foreigner killed

quit_yume

so i looked at that website for the deaths..   in 2012 only 1 american was killed by homicide in thailand..  but in philipiines there are 10 american homicides ( same amount as in columbia)..   as far as i know thailand has way more visitors and expats than phils..   so its pretty clear to me that philippines is a much more dangerous place for americans statistically speaking..   more fun in the philippines

Edited by quit_yume

Ozepete

so i looked at that website for the deaths..   in 2012 only 1 american was killed by homicide in thailand..  but in philipiines there are 10 american homicides ( same amount as in columbia)..   as far as i know thailand has way more visitors and expats than phils..   so its pretty clear to me that philippines is a much more dangerous place for americans statistically speaking..   more fun in the philippines

Perhaps the promo should be "More GUN in The Philippines"  

Sad.

ellenbrook2001

anywhere those killers are coward no brain so he make them strong too kill ,honestly too kill just with a bullet he very weird,how those guy can sleep at night,i hope they hunted by bad dream or maybe go too the church too confess then god remove they sin?? honestly something very wrong here or those killers are on drug nothing stop them then i beat you they will never maybe found the murderer or murders .

Bill H

anywhere those killers are coward no brain so he make them strong too kill ,honestly too kill just with a bullet he very weird,how those guy can sleep at night,i hope they hunted by bad dream or maybe go too the church too confess then god remove they sin?? honestly something very wrong here or those killers are on drug nothing stop them then i beat you they will never maybe found the murderer or murders .

Most of these guys are deep into Shabu so it's debatable how much brain they have left.  The others are antisocial and simple aren't burdened by a conscience.  Ergo, I suspect they sleep very well. 

• Like 2

CardiacKid

Most of these guys are deep into Shabu so it's debatable how much brain they have left.  The others are antisocial and simple aren't burdened by a conscience.  Ergo, I suspect they sleep very well.

You forgot to mention the ones who think that their elevated status allows them to do anything they want without consequences. They have a warped view of the world and their place in it. 

HTM

Or other types of "Americans" come here.

Skywalker

so i looked at that website for the deaths..   in 2012 only 1 american was killed by homicide in thailand

Don't believe those 'statistics' - for instance there are a great many recorded 'suicides' from foreigners jumping out of tall buildings in Pattaya.  A great many of these guys had 'help', but without their families being there to pressure the police into making a proper investigation, nothing happens, except that the number of 'suicides' keeps rising because too many murderers are getting away with it.

Edited by Skywalker

smokey

Don't believe those 'statistics' - for instance there are a great many recorded 'suicides' from foreigners jumping out of tall buildings in Pattaya.  A great many of these guys had 'help', but without their families being there to pressure the police into making a proper investigation, nothing happens, except that the number of 'suicides' keeps rising because too many murderers are getting away with it.

well there is also a rash of Americans killing themselves or no foul play for as hard as it is to have legal weapon there should be a lot LESS shootings... and grenades tossed i forget where i saw it but one place broke down the killing by weapon and one country had 10 deaths by large bladed instrument 

NM1938

Any comment that doesn't take in the numbers, would be general.  We don't have all the gear of someone in a war zone, neither does the vet when he's home on leave.  The killing ratio of foreigners by Filipinos I don't know.  Wrongful death, in spite of statistics is the issue.  Stats just serve to make a point.  It just seems glaring when it is a resident victim. 

quit_yume

what's really funny is that nearly every filipina has her radar up coz she has heard a story about a filipina getting killed by her foriegn husband for the insurance money... how many times has that happened in the last 10 years?  maybe 2 or 3 total including usa, canada, australia and UK ?   but in phils foriegn guys seem to be getting killed by their filipina partner almost every week.. lol. 

questsea73

I find it interesting that every murder in P.I. I have seen noted on the forum in the time I have been here that was with a handpiece was identified as a .45 caliber.  I assume this is the USA automatic pistol which saw much USA military use and is therefore readily available to the criminal elements there.  I am under the impression that it has a significant recoil and it is not easy to hit a target in a vital spot at any range over maybe 30 feet or so even if you have had some training with the weapon.   ((With infrequent use I find it difficult to hit much at 50 feet when target is inanimate, not moving, and I am using a very nice weapon(Walther PPK .380/9mm) )). It(the .45) was a weapon of choice for US troops facing Moros in Mindanao many decades ago because of its stopping power in close quarters conflict.  Just once I would like to read a story about the tables being turned on a hitman by the intended victim or a non-involved bystander.

How many traffic officers there would like to stop two guys on an unreadable license plate motorcycle/both guys wearing helmets to check to see if one of them is carrying a .45?

Ken

• Like 1

mabutiman

Dont ever ever think that Thailand is more dangerous than the Phils !!! ....just look at the attitude of Filipnos toward foreigners ....much much more confident than a Thai or Cambodian who generally ignore you ...in Cambodia and Thailand they walk past you in the street as if your not there ....not so in the Phils ....always staring at you or talking to you ....big difference in the attitudes !!

Wolfpack

I would have to say, depends on the area of the country you live...Cebu is much safer place than Manila...

Depends on the way you live your live, look at the traffic accident death tolls...

Something the stats do not say, how many were single vs how many were married...

The OP here is about a married guy with 2 kids living in a province in Luzon...shot in his own place of business...that should concern every one of us living overseas...be it Thailand, Cambodia, Philippines, ect.....

Skywalker

Dont ever ever think that Thailand is more dangerous than the Phils !!! ....just look at the attitude of Filipnos toward foreigners ....much much more confident than a Thai or Cambodian who generally ignore you ...in Cambodia and Thailand they walk past you in the street as if your not there ....not so in the Phils ....always staring at you or talking to you ....big difference in the attitudes !!

Well, I don't know what your experience is, but I lived in Bangkok for nearly 8 years.  The idea that, because in general people there appear to be ignoring you, somehow makes them less dangerous is a very strange statement.  They certainly do not ignore you out of the capitals in both Thailand and Cambodia.

The Thai's are probably the most xenophobic race I have ever experienced (I have heard the same said about the Japanese, but haven't been to Japan yet).  The Filipino's are probably the friendliest people in the region, in my experience.

• Like 2

mabutiman

Well my 6 years in Manila is much better so far than my 12 years in Angeles city where I was robbed in both houses a total of 5 times ... no intention to ever return to murder city !! ....Davao is the safest city to live in ....