Sign in to follow this  
Half Baked

Another foreigner killed

ellenbrook2001

very sad again anywhere those killers are professional they always get away with it ???????? then they know how too used a gun? what going on here .

love too know a much they get pay too a such horrible cold blooded execution.those killers do have family?or wife what about if happen too them sure the police will found out the murder? again i am right zero tolerance in gun cause more and more will get shot.

shadow

I'm not making excuses, I'm explaining that a very big problem caused by mismanagement/incompetence within the LTO is having an unwanted side effect in that it's making it much easier for these people to "blend in with the crowd". Just as an example, one of our bikes was bought brand new and in cash last May and we still can't get any plates from the LTO for it, and believe me, we've been trying to get them! Before, a bike with no plates would set off alarm bells, but now it's a common occurrence to see it and they're just not going to be spotted so easily. Hopefully they are going to start to pull their finger out at the LTO and start issuing new plates again and then the dodgy bikes with no plates would be spotted again. Also, previously, it was uncommon to see 2 people on a bike with helmets. Hardly anyone was wearing helmets, but now that the helmet law is being pretty well enforced in the cities, seeing 2 people on a bike with helmets wouldn't be unusual either. So, what I am saying is that recent changes within the last year or so are making it much harder for these hitmen to be spotted either before or after the crime. Do you see where I'm coming from now?

And as for you getting pulled for your seat belt, that's easy to explain. You're a rich foreigner so you can easily pay for the enforcers lunch - easy target :P

Plenty of bikes running around in this area with no plates. It took us 6 months to get a plate for our new bike, and another month to get the sticker. By then, of course, it was nearly expired...

• Like 1

udonthani

Who could it be?

Wife?

Jealous girlfriend?

Loan shark he owes?

Former business associate?

Jealous competing business owner?

wife and competing business owner, likeliest suspects. Might even be a combination of the two, as in a conspiracy between them. As in competing business owner kills him, but she isn't really bothered about it as it enables her, with the kano gone, to liquefy the assets easily.

NM1938

We have limited control over where, when, or how our dream may be interrupted.  Vets who survive several or more tours in war zones are sometimes killed during a home leave.

This is the kind of story we need maybe a 'concerned' button to select, to be on all networks...

alexccms

Vets who survive several or more tours in war zones are sometimes killed during a home leave.

I have a theory about this.  It's pretty preliminary so I'm sure it's full of holes.

In a warzone you have your buddies backing you up, you have your helmet & body armor, you have air support.  You have your rifle, your sidearm, etc.  It allows you to survive pretty hostile situations unscathed.  When you go home and a scuffle breaks out between your buddies on the street, how do you turn that off and remember, nobody really has your back here.  Street violence kills soldier occasionally, I think, because they may be too brave for the situation.  

Monsoon

wow, I never imagined there were so many unnatural deaths here...scary numbers

That's only Americans...

Wolfpack

That's only Americans...

I saw homicide, suicide, vehicle accident...did not see "drank himself to death"..either that is considered a natural cause or maybe suicide...

broden

hit man needs to work 

hit men vote too

Kim_

I saw homicide, suicide, vehicle accident...did not see "drank himself to death"..either that is considered a natural cause or maybe suicide...

If its water then its suicide....

Headed that way

One advantage of this forum existing is that newcomers can learn what not to do.   I learned not to compete with the locals but to export everything we are making in the Philippines to avoid competing with the existing local competition or becoming a target for someone wanting to take over the local market after you establish a new product or service.  Plus you can get a whole lot more for your work if you ship it to the U.S.

The second thing I learned from reading the stories of the men killed allegedly by wives and family is that you keep control over the sales and money so they have to have you in the loop.  No Al, no money to pay salaries and the bills.

Manufacture locally, sell somewhere else, stay alive!

• Like 3

SkyMan

In a warzone you have your buddies backing you up, you have your helmet & body armor, you have air support. You have your rifle, your sidearm, etc. It allows you to survive pretty hostile situations unscathed. When you go home and a scuffle breaks out between your buddies on the street, how do you turn that off and remember, nobody really has your back here. Street violence kills soldier occasionally, I think, because they may be too brave for the situation.

I think the problem is the spouse deciding he/she likes their new life better without the soldier home.

Wolfpack

I think the problem is the spouse deciding he/she likes their new life better without the soldier home.

One of the problems, girls go from rags to riches so fast...they lose their mind...people put all kinds of thoughts in their heads...and most do not have the type of background to handle it...

• Like 5

tobster

very sad again anywhere those killers are professional they always get away with it ???????? then they know how too used a gun? what going on here .

love too know a much they get pay too a such horrible cold blooded execution.those killers do have family?or wife what about if happen too them sure the police will found out the murder? again i am right zero tolerance in gun cause more and more will get shot.

The amount paid varies and depends on how desperate the gun for hire is for cash. For example one who I know will discount his price when he has school fees to pay or if they are on shabu and need a fix a thousand pesos will see the job done.