Overnight parking at Mactan Airport?

johnboy999

Does anyone know if it's possible to park overnight in the car park at Mactan airport? I'll be taking a visa run to Hong Kong and returning the following afternoon. 

jtmwatchbiz

yes john...it's quite easy. when you drive in, rather than head for the pick up/departure lanes on the left, stay in the middle or kinda right lane and go straight to the toll booth. get your ticket and then park in the lot. we do it all the time and no probs. i don't remember the rate but it's not too much. 

Edited by jtmwatchbiz
johnboy999

Thanks, I've used the car park before but never overnight. Didn't know if that would be a problem or not.....

I parked today, left it at 6:30am and picked up 12 hours later and it only cost Php 80.

miles-high

It's more expensive but there is a "park & fly" service at the airport Waterfront Hotel... secure and accessible 24/7, if you are lucky may get a spot under the roof, a free car wash (need to tip though)... just turn right into the basement area after the ticket booth and ask.

SkyMan

yes john...it's quite easy. when you drive in, rather than head for the pick up/departure lanes on the left, stay in the middle or kinda right lane and go straight to the toll booth. get your ticket and then park in the lot. we do it all the time and no probs. i don't remember the rate but it's not too much.

I think it's p120/day.
johnboy999

I think it's p120/day.

I'm not worried about the cost, I just wanted to make sure my car wasn't going to get towed if I left it there overnight! lol

Headshot

I'm not worried about the cost, I just wanted to make sure my car wasn't going to get towed if I left it there overnight! lol

I would be more worried it would get stripped. That is NOT a well-lit parking area. I park there during the day, but not overnight. If we are coming back the next day (or later), we take a taxi to the airport.

It was Php 80 today - I was expecting more, but that's all th cashier asked me for. It is a pretty crappy car park to be honest - not very well organized. I would take the Waterfront option for overnight.

billy

I park there all the time days at a time with new car. There's no problem there I've never had a problem.. 120 pesos 24 hours very convenient no reason to go to waterfront and pay double or triple.

SkyMan

I park there during the day, but not overnight.

I park under one of the lamps.
musicman666

Use the waterfront....what's the matter with you guys saving chump change to risk your car....they really look after your vehicle and there is somebody looking over it personally 24/7.